EFX DARTH VADER ANH PCR HELMETS (SPECIAL and STANDARD EDITIONS)

I'll go a step further...it looks downright awful. Not even close to how the scar looked on the screen helmet.

It will never look like on the screen helmet ...simply because its a physical damage. Cant believe that even now after the screen used mask was shown in its current state this is still a point to discuss.
As for the PCR helmet...its nice for the money...as long as you have to pay 300-400 bucks for it and not order them from eFX directly with this laughable shipping quotes. But its certainly not to compare with fiberglas helmets who can order today for more money...even with an accurate paint job.

It will never look like on the screen helmet ...simply because its a physical damage. Cant believe that even now after the screen used mask was shown in its current state this is still a point to discuss.

Yes...but it would be a nice optical illusion!:lol
Really screenaccurate is no EFX helmet.They are all to polished even the "Legend".But I think on the "Legend" the C-scar looks very nice.
I bought this helmet because I wanna upgrade it like the Legend version.Fiberglass inside the mask and dome,new accurate paintjob,C-Scar,better molded sidetubes and a great stand with a plaque.I know its a long way..but because its from the same idialized base as the Legend its a great project.

So if the PCR Vader bucket costs $375 FedEx economy, what did the Fiberglass Vader buckets cost? $800? Yeesh!

So if the PCR Vader bucket costs $375 FedEx economy, what did the Fiberglass Vader buckets cost? $800? Yeesh!

To my country the Legend was $700:

e_FX_Fed_Ex_Vader_Legend_shipping_quote.jpg

eFX FedEx Vader Legend shipping quote.jpg

I'll go a step further...it looks downright awful. Not even close to how the scar looked on the screen helmet.
It doesn't look like the shots of the helmet on the efx website either. That is misleading to me.

Has anyone seen a second efx SE helmet to confirm the overly thick c scar is consistent?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It doesn't look like the shots of the helmet on the efx website either. That is misleading to me.

Has anyone seen a second efx SE helmet to confirm the overly thick c scar is consistent?

This is my biggest issue with this situation. While I can understand minor manufacturing inconsistencies due to the "hand painted" technique. The fact that the c-scar is a stamp and looks so far off of the marketing literature frustrates me. A bit of a bait and switch. I would love to see another SE with a better C-scar so I have an argument for an exchange. It looks like the fact of the matter is that that won't be happening. I'll have to re-paint after confirming that all the c-scars look like crap.

I'm surprised by how few photos and reviews there have been for the SE. It seemed like there was plenty of people planning on picking one up at Comic Con.

WOW....

Looked at buying the Special Edition from the EFX site but the shipping costs!!!!!

To get the helmet to the UK -

$375.63 Fedex Economy or $430.05 Fedex Priority.....:confused

That's without any tax's.

Shocking!!

Sounds like someone is gouging on shipping costs.I shipped a heavy fiberglass SPFX Vader helmet to UK last year for around $80

When calculating tax coming into the UK they include the postage costs too so if buying this you'll be charged 20% on the total $730ish.

Not it sure how this bodes for the (Scout) freebies as efx said they won't be covering the import charges?

Sounds like someone is gouging on shipping costs.I shipped a heavy fiberglass SPFX Vader helmet to UK last year for around $80

Pretty sure most carriers will nail them with volumetric shipping...so...weight is irrelevant. A 20x20x20 inch box would be given a weight around 21kg hence the wicked high shipping cost. Totally stinks.

no SE for me, just had a play on efx's website, shipping for the SE is $536!!!!!

considering other US ebay sellers can ship the PCR Vader to my country (Australia) for $75, why is efx charging $536? seems to be a huge discrepancy even if you take into account the price difference between couriers

edit: looks like Wedge's helmet is "only" $242, surely the Vader wouldn't be twice as heavy?

Last edited:
There is a photo of another SE version on the EFX facebook page. Shows the same thick c-scar. If they are stamped on I think they are all going to be like that.

FB_IMG_1470108466845.jpg

There is a photo of another SE version on the EFX facebook page. Shows the same thick c-scar. If they are stamped on I think they are all going to be like that.

View attachment 650318

That is really disappointing. It basically looks like a clean helmet with a stylized "I" on the cheek. It doesn't look weathered at all.

It certainly is very different than the photos on the product page of the efx website.

Marketing photo.

http://ginodesign.com/starwarslifesized/EFX_vader_PCR_special/ANH_VADER_XPCR_5.jpg

The c-scar is oddly placed (low on the cheek) in the marketing photos - but it's not nearly as thick as the what we're seeing from the production samples.

What I find humorous (sad, really) is they "redesigned" the c-scar from the Legend to this Special Edition...

http://starwarshelmets.com/2012/SWH_EFX_LEGVAD10.JPG

Ggriffaw, the wearer's left cheek does show a reasonable attempt at horizontal brush strokes. ...but I guess - what can you expect from a $30 bump in price over the Standard Edition?

Curious as to how EFX is treating this $300 USD helmet as if were a $150 helmet. :facepalm

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back