EFX DARTH VADER ANH PCR HELMETS (SPECIAL and STANDARD EDITIONS)

The pre order came out a month before it was announced on the efx site that there were two versions

efx themselves didn't offer the Vader PCR as a preorder. I don't know if they can control if resellers offer presales.

If people are not comfortable with the info available on a preorder, don't order the item. The PCR line isn't a limited edition. There shouldn't be a problem getting one after they are released.

I would rather see some reviews before ordering one of them.

100% this. It cannot be said enough. If you want something "Off the shelf" you are in the wrong hobby. I've dealt with other propmakers here and have delays out that would have many of the new folk here screaming bloody murder. It is the nature of the beast. I am not even going to attempt to defend EFX and the lengthy delay in getting the TIE or the Scout to the public. I will echo VD in saying the end product has always been worth the wait. Anovos is the new fish in the pond, but having so many products in limbo tells me they are borrowing from Peter to pay Paul with the "up front payments".

We used to scorn people for vaporware around here. Now it is acceptable.

I think the issue here is some people are holding companies like EFX & Anovos to the standard that they would a guy building props out of his basement, which I think is wrong.

We've all seen it happen where someone takes on a bunch of orders and for whatever reason is unable to get them out to customers in a reasonable amount of time. A lot of things can go wrong with a one-man operation, so even with someone who has an impeccable reputation, you're always taking a chance.

In the case of EFX, Anovos, if you present yourself as a legitimate business, why shouldn't people expect them to act like it? Reading about the scout fiasco with EFX I'm pretty surprised members here are happily picking up their $300 vader helmets from a company that took money from others here only to deliver nothing in almost two years. As you say people used to scorn people who promised & never delivered, I'm guessing an affordable & decent looking display piece overrides that?

I agree the over 2 year waits by both efx and Anovos are unacceptable, but I don't agree with boycotting the companies forever. It must be a pretty difficult business to survive in. Is there a similar company that doesn't have major complaints about one of their products? Building something like a Vader suit is very complex and requires multiple suppliers. Coordinating all of that is very challenging. Keeping Disney happy adds another layer of complexity.

Both companies seem to be able to produce the plastic helmets much more reliably than the fiberglass helmets or more complex pieces.

This kind of delay from a guy working out of his garage would be unprofessional. From a licensed company...? Inexcusable.

Build, ship, sell. That's how just about everyone else does it. Not announce, sell, THEN develop, delay, make escuses, delay some more, offer refunds, and finally ship.

Should we boycott these businesses? If that's how they operate, then yes. Keep putting them out of business until we get one that does it right.

If you're willing to put up with this sort of thing, you deserve what you get, which is often nothing. But keep in mind, by accepting it and patronizing these sorts of businesses instead of demanding a change, you are effectively complicit in their mis-dealings.

Even if it is the nature of the beast, it doesn't mean it shouldn't change.

It must be a pretty difficult business to survive in.

I was talking with a rep from Gentle Giant, another company that sells Star Wars collectibles and he was saying that the licensing agreements are brutal. They start at $250,000 for something simple and go up from there. The company has to pay the fee up front and if the product never makes it to market, too bad, no refund. On top of that they have to pay at least 10% commission on sales and provide at least ten sample pieces to the licensing company, for free. I'm not defending these companies lack of communications or delays, I think they could do a lot better. Just trying to keep the whole thing in perspective.

I ordered one of the standard ones off of the seller on eBay. Not one to get into another long wait for any more items with an ungodly wait period. 2-4 months is no biggie, but the 1-3 years is just too much. Not entirely sure why they wouldn't bring back out the fiberglass helmets on these, as it seems there's plenty of demand for them. Just not for the eBay $2000-$4500 price tag.

This kind of delay from a guy working out of his garage would be unprofessional. From a licensed company...? Inexcusable.

Build, ship, sell. That's how just about everyone else does it. Not announce, sell, THEN develop, delay, make escuses, delay some more, offer refunds, and finally ship.

Should we boycott these businesses? If that's how they operate, then yes. Keep putting them out of business until we get one that does it right.

If you're willing to put up with this sort of thing, you deserve what you get, which is often nothing. But keep in mind, by accepting it and patronizing these sorts of businesses instead of demanding a change, you are effectively complicit in their mis-dealings.

Has there been a licensed company making quality prop replicas that meets your expectations for quality and service? Most companies don't seem to last very long. Repeating how failed companies did things doesn't make much sense.

I don't have an issue with the preorder model. However the 2+ year wait is much too long.

There have been many cases in the past where a company makes a quality product, puts it up for sale, then needs to sell many of the product at a much lower price because there wasn't enough demand. These companies aren't big enough to absorb losses on very many of their products.

In the case of efx, would you rather they sell a product (the Vader PCR) so they can stay in business and possibly fill the scout trooper orders some day or have them just go out of business?

Perfectly said. :thumbsup

Anovos is using a preorder model to determine how many to make. They are very clear that the orders are preorders and delivery is in many cases at least a year away. .

Just to be very clear, this policy of stating up front that every item is projected to be at least one year out was only announced when people started getting pissed off over the TK suit ship dates being missed repeatedly with no comment from Anovos, and that was only at the end of 2015. They haven't been upfront the whole time they've had the license - it took some real irritation from customers for them to commit to it.

Just to be very clear, this policy of stating up front that every item is projected to be at least one year out was only announced when people started getting pissed off over the TK suit ship dates being missed repeatedly with no comment from Anovos, and that was only at the end of 2015. They haven't been upfront the whole time they've had the license - it took some real irritation from customers for them to commit to it.

Äh, no.

Some people complained - but only those that never read or understood. All others knew when to expect their armor - and they delivered within the timeframe they had given at the beginning.

I have to think the scrutiny for costumes and helmets is much higher than for display pieces. There is lots of potential for lawsuits regarding safety of products intended to be worn. This may also affect decisions made that hurt screen accuracy.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back