1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

The other option is to sand the bottom of nut down - that might be a little easier :)

UPDATE: I quickly sanded down one of the nuts - they fit perfectly! Disaster averted! :)

Now I get sand down 197,362 nuts...

I have an idea. I was looking closely at some screen grabs and I'm going to try something... I just hope to find the correct piece. :)

I just got back from the home improvement store - no luck! I was looking for a finishing washer similar to what they used on the original but nothing fit.

Now i DO have to sand down all 197,671 "pieces" to make the switches mount to the panel

I just got back from the home improvement store - no luck! I was looking for a finishing washer similar to what they used on the original but nothing fit.

Now i DO have to sand down all 197,671 "pieces" to make the switches mount to the panel

When in doubt...check EBAY...lol, find alot of vintage and older parts...:love

SK,

perhaps I missed it, but is there some reason the mid level light panels on the back wall didn’t get fabricated while the upper level light panels did? Or is that yet to come? Just curious.

Mark

SK,

perhaps I missed it, but is there some reason the mid level light panels on the back wall didn’t get fabricated while the upper level light panels did? Or is that yet to come? Just curious.

Mark

Hi M,

The panels below the lowest "pin striped" panels are all temporary due to height. I'm not sure what Chris Lee has in mind for the light panels so I just removed them from my "build". I hope that makes sense?

Hi M,

The panels below the lowest "pin striped" panels are all temporary due to height. I'm not sure what Chris Lee has in mind for the light panels so I just removed them from my "build". I hope that makes sense?

Makes perfect sense. Carry on!

Mark

I was thinking... I have 201,003 pieces to sand down. I might just sand down the 6 panels instead. I don't need to remove that much materiel so the panel strength wont /shouldn't be compromised. Great news thouhg... one of the NEW switches already broke... lol

I'm hoping to have the 4 panels that create the arch fabricated this weekend (minus paint, holes, and pin stripes) :)

Amazing work! When your done you'll have to spend some hours sitting there just flipping all the switches. :thumbsup

Amazing work! When your done you'll have to spend some hours sitting there just flipping all the switches. :thumbsup

Thank you very much. Its definately been a labor of love. And don't owrry... I have plans to "cut in the sublight engines" and "lock in the auxiliary power" many many times! :)

Last edited:

For the handles on the yokes I was thinking of T Shift Handles like this:
UPR 79-04 Mustang Billet Shift Knob Reaper T Handle (Polished)

(edit) With a little grinding you could make these look similar and it can be mounted on the yokes easy enough.

The handles could be part of a steering wheel with finger grooves, cut to the right size and shaped.

Hi Krisk,

Thanks for taking the time to research the throttle handles. I thought they might be T-Handles as well. But I have the feeling that they are, like nearly every other greeblie, something from an aircraft. What that part is... I have no idea! :) But keep looking! That's an order! ;)

So its not that design at all? Interesting. I do like what you originall did though. :)

Thanks! Incidentally that "Hi!" rating on the indicator was basically meant just for this occasion. Originally I was going to hide a lot more little easter eggs around the cockpit, and for a while there were a few panels that read CRM114 Discriminator Circuit, and there was going to be a pin-up (homage to the one inside the studio scale model of the Blockade Runner.) But i nixed it all, since I figured, ah hell, no one's ever going to see it (how wrong I was!)

Hi Gang,

Well... I didn't get as far today I would have liked. Tomorrow will go by much faster!

Created the frame - I'll do the same for the opposite side
20121208_141614.jpg

20121208_141622.jpg

Then added the panel face - this was 1 inch too short so I had to cut a strip to make it fit
20121208_145342.jpg

20121208_145351.jpg

20121208_145401.jpg

Added filler - just waiting for it to dry
20121208_153127.jpg

I then created new "bar lights" - I'm not sure what I'll do with these just yet...
20121208_120711.jpg

20121208_120701.jpg

Panel fits PERFECTLY!
20121208_154310.jpg

This panel has all the slider knobs behind Chewie...
20121208_154212.jpg

Stay Tuned!

Last edited:

BOY! I really didn't get as far as I would have liked... The "light bars" made me rethink a few things so that threw a little confusion into the build but I finally figured it out.

2 panels down...

Finished Chewie's Side - now have to look at how to create the rocker sliders - any ideas?
20121209_161843.jpg

20121209_161820.jpg

Han's side still needs a little work but it's getting there!
20121209_161814.jpg

20121209_161920.jpg

Need to fill this gap similar to the other side
20121209_161929.jpg

20121209_161847.jpg

Whew... :)
20121209_161836.jpg

More to Come

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back