STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

As cool as it is that ashoka is on rebels, I hope they don't waste her on that alone. I'd love to see her as an old woman for an episode 7 cameo.

Imagine the conversation her and Luke could have

I'd just like to see her there period because she could teach Luke all kinds of stuff, and what the old Jedi did wrong. I'd really like to see the Anakin/Padme info reveal to come from R2 again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 72
sorry but it's a rip off of Ulysses 31 main character weapon , an 80's series I loved as a kid ( you could argue they stole the lightsabre idea as well LOL)
Aaah, Ulysses 31, I still remember that show very well. I didn't really watch it regularly (as I didn't watch French TV as a kid) but sometimes I'd watch a few episodes.

Wow! Ulyssus 31 invented the rifle and bayonet? Because that's all you are really talking about here; a combination firearm/melee weapon. It's not like it's a revolutionary idea, I made a lightsaber/blaster combo weapon back around 2000 and I didn't, nor do I still know what Ulyssus 31 is.

Ok so it's being hinted at that Ahsoka might encounter Vader, so what's the prediction for that duel? Lucas has said that Obi Wan could defeat Vader in ANH because Vader can't fight like he did as Anakin, along with being old. So even though this is before ANH, Vader is still handicapped. I'm going to say that Ahsoka could fight him to a stand still. She's got speed and duel lightsabers. The one thing I did like from that Vader novel (which I know is old EU) is that they explained the ANH dueling style as Vader changing his style to protect his life support system on his suit.

Ok so it's being hinted at that Ahsoka might encounter Vader, so what's the prediction for that duel? Lucas has said that Obi Wan could defeat Vader in ANH because Vader can't fight like he did as Anakin, along with being old. So even though this is before ANH, Vader is still handicapped. I'm going to say that Ahsoka could fight him to a stand still. She's got speed and duel lightsabers. The one thing I did like from that Vader novel (which I know is old EU) is that they explained the ANH dueling style as Vader changing his style to protect his life support system on his suit.

i always have a hard time with handicap vader... hes so handicap but still has enough strength to hunt down all the remaining jedi and destroy every one? then how handicap is he really? do we know for sure ahsoka knowns vader is anikan? we know obiwan released a message warning all jedi to stay clear of the temple, but he never got into detail about anikan killing all the jedi? if my memory is correct obiwan, yoda and bail organa are the only ones who know that anikan turned into vader? OHHH i get it, organa is involved with the new rebels and he might have to explain to ashoka that darth vader was once anikan skywalker... HA i solved my own question in the post lol

Ignoring old EU, at some point I would have to believe that after order 66, he encounter other full fledge Jedi, took them on and killed them even with his "handicap". That may not be true. Ben said that Vader "...helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights." So that means he could have killed them along with troopers or even just found them then sent troops or even inquisitors to kill them because there is nothing in Ben's statement that Vader did the killing himself.

But if he did ever take a Jedi on one-on-one an was victorious, it would be a good indication that his mechanical additions was not an issue. What might be an issue at the point of Rebels is age. I know one of the things Lucas said was interesting about The Phantom Menace was that (paraphrasing here) for the first time we were seeing Jedi fight who were in their prime, not aged or students like we had encountered in the Original Trilogy. For all we know, Vader's suit and machine parts might have be a benefit to him in a battle.

Even putting all that aside, I believe the only one who could defeat Vader was Luke. I think it was the emotional tug of war that led to Luke's victory and Vader's defeat. The combination of feeling for the son and his father and vice versa. Although Ahsoka and Vader once had a strong bond, I do not believe it is anything like that of the true bond he had with Luke.

That's just my opinion.

I realize that blood must be strong and that vader would be confused and emotional by Luke's presence.

But ashoka is more like that highschool girlfriend who turned your world upside down. And whenever she shows up, things get mixed up.

I would say that anakin was more honest with ashoka than anyone. And her opinion of him mattered more than anyone, even padme's. magine the shame he would feel in that confrontation

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

To be fair, Lucas played fast and loose with what this or that character was capable of. Yoda can flip around like a monkey on speed, but Obi-Wan could beat Vader in ANH? And Vader could otherwise hunt down the other jedi? What? Why?

Put simply, here's my advice:

Ignore everything that's come before, basically, except what you see in the films. Lucas' comments this way or that way are totally irrelevant, the moreso because he was frequently inconsistent with his own attitudes depending on when you asked him the question. There's this notion that Lucas has a single fixed vision of what his universe is, how it works, who the characters are, etc., and time has proven that notion to be false. Lucas' world is malleable depending on his whims in the moment. There are certain core things that stick around mostly, but he could wake up next Thursday and say "You know what? Jar Jar could've beaten him with sufficient Jedi training and an injection of Yoda's midichlorians mixed with Gungan fish juice."

So, ignore what the old EU said. Ignore what you saw in this or that comic. Ignore what Lucas said, and focus purely on what's seen in the films and on the show.

From my perspective, there is no reason why Vader couldn't be an absolute badass, and was beaten by Luke because he secretly wanted to be beaten (and also because Luke briefly tapped into the Dark Side when he flipped out in the throne room).

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back