Efx has a new $300 Darth Vader (precision cast replica) Helmet

I personally don't care myself, but I can understand a bit of the contempt someone would have who pays a licensing fee, which I'm sure is a fairly significant price, to produce a product legally vs someone that sells virtually the same product (i.e. a competitor) without paying any licensing fees (i.e. Committing Intellectual property theft) for profit regardless of what they are doing with said profit.

Now on the other hand publicly badmouthing said competitor in such a way on an open forum of fans is a pretty bad PR move & comes across a bit petty & childish.

I think the injected helmet looks great Gino.
I think few people here appreciate how cool it is to get an injected piece with the kind of accuracy this will have.
Show me a cheaper, more accurate helmet anyone? And yet you still complain about something that isn't on sale yet.. unbelievable. I get that people are skeptical. Ok. Don't buy one.

Gino please put me on the top of the list. This will be my first EFX purchase. :)

The legend has great lineage but what does that help if it looks like a clean toy helmet with a wrong paint job. On your display many fan helmets simply look better because they are finished accurately and have " the look ".....even if they are not from such a close lineage to the real deal or even scratch built. A friend of mine has three Legends and i once had a limited and we had several authentic casts (finished or unfinished) to compare them with ......the result was....selling the eFX stuff for good money ;)
For the money the new PVC helmet is certainly the best eFX Vader helmet if it really looks like on this dark promo pics. Beside this....i still wouldn't buy anything more from that company simply because of their selling practices and such laughable statements of company representants like the one here on the board.

Pretty clever, did your mom help you with that one? :) The funny part will be when I have a more accurate helmet for $300 and your stuck with an $800 terd, just kidding here so don't get mad! Don't get me wrong they are a nice fan made item, but they are just fan made replicas and not worth $550 to $800.

If one person is willing to pay $800 for a Quasimodo, then it's worth $800 to them. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. There's nothing more to discuss. If you don't think it's worth it, you don't have to get one.

Last I heard, efx no longer sells the Legend or Limited Edition ANH helmets.

So unless there's another source where you can still purchase an actual licensed helmet with direct lineage to the original ANH, ESB or ROTJ helmets, it's a ridiculous discussion - as you're only stuck with "fan made" editions.

And yes, I'm aware of the Anovos Vader ESB "inspired helmet". Considering how much their final OT ST changed compared to the prototype shown on the website, and not for the better IMO, I'm a little skeptical about their final Vader production run until they prove otherwise.

There is also the Brian Muir edition, which doesn't look exactly the same as the original, but's damn close, and how freaking cool is it to have a Vader helmet personally made by the original Vader sculptor?

I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks they're getting the "pinnacle" of Vader helmets from eFx is completely out of their mind. If you're really interested in what constitutes an accurate Vader helmet I'd suggest going over to The Prop Den and educating yourself because you'll find a wealth of valuable information there.

I would really LOVE to pick up a Legend painted version of the eFX PCR Vader as I only have a LE Vader bucket. Also, like many here, I am glad to hear of some news that the Biker Scout helmet is moving forward in manufacturing. Just hoping it does not take way too long. Hopefully by this year? Ok I would be extremely sad if it was delayed to 2017.

When I said I was done with eFX after I got (if ever) my Biker Scout helmet and I meant it. The while enticement of the purchase lost me at eFX.

I think they're going to use the preorder money off this to fix the rest of the Biker Scout helmets and then delay out the Vader helmets.

I'm just done with anything put up by eFX. I need a Vader helmet to display at some point, but it won't be one direct through them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks they're getting the "pinnacle" of Vader helmets from eFx is completely out of their mind. If you're really interested in what constitutes an accurate Vader helmet I'd suggest going over to The Prop Den and educating yourself because you'll find a wealth of valuable information there.

Thats right...but people will always buy the licensed stuff because it will go up in value and looks nice with all the plaques and papers.And some of the props having great displaycases also.:D

Most of my collection is also licensed.:$;)

And thats the point why high class licensed helmets are better for the worth of your collection!;)

Did you ever seen when Gino is selling a helmet on ebay?

I mostly interested in accurate stuff and not only in the pur worth of my collection. Yes i have seen his eBay sales....way too much money for average helmets :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thats right...but people will always buy the licensed stuff because it will go up in value and looks nice with all the plaques and papers.And some of the props having great displaycases also.:D

Most of my collection is also licensed.:$;)

Helmet stand and plaque are easy to get for about 30-40 USD ;)

I mostly interested in accurate stuff and not only in the pur worth of my collection. Yes i have seen his eBay sales....way too much money for average helmets :)

- - - Updated - - -

Helmet stand and plaque are easy to get for about 30-40 USD ;)

Same here. Licensed stuff is fine, I own many licensed props and I like them, but the closest to my heart remain the fan made ones. More accurate in most cases, and made with care and love by the true artists who put a part of their soul in them. Too much of the licensed stuff is made in China, by unaware and underpaid workers who don't really care nor know what is that they are working on.

It's so obvious, Disney will not alienate themselves from the fans, I'm a fan, but rather than go out to attack they commision companies that can deliver, which in turn undercut. Now the TK, which I have by Anovos cost $350. I had a Fallano, my first helmet which cost £700 in 97. A TE, by the idiot was £750. My favourites are my TM and CFO full, as I know the guys, but we are some 20% of the fan base. Unless people like us that do our homework there is no longer the money on exclusive pieces.

I did note a post 2 weeks ago there was a post about a vader helm, I contacted the guy within minutes as I was up late that appears to be deleated, WHY, was it the moderators wanted to get in. I got a personal reply which I will post now, and my budget was £180000. Don't think this board helps without gain, everyone has a motive but for most it's just a hobby.

i am annoyed as there was motive in the deletion without doubt, by mods
Hi Graham,
Thank you for your message.
I am curently getting valuations but at the moment it stands between £10k and £20k
It's hard to give an exact price at the moment as I'm still waiting to her back from some people. I don't want to take the first offer I get and I defiantly don't want it to go to a dealer that will just try sell it on.
I'm open to offers and if I get an acceptable one I will accept if not I'm willing for it to go to auction.
Anything else I can help you with feel free to message me back.
Kind regards,
David
Regards,
David

David A Clayton
www.daclayton.com
info@daclayton.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Now if you can go higher, grab it, don't mention RPF as they are in discussion, it's gone over my budget and I believe a group are buying it, no doubt RPF but will not allow members to see

I saw that helmet mentioned. Also would like to know why it disappeared. I saved the pics though.

Ben

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back