The Ultimate Brian Muir Edition

Here is a pic of my Ultimate Vader taken when I met with Mr. Muir.
I'll post better pics when I get my lighting/studio space set up.

image.jpeg

Not sure I understand your question, you mean explanation as to why they are not involved with the Brian Muir helmets?

Was an explanation offered as to why? I was talking about the Brian helmet with someone and was surprised to not see the Vader there any longer. They have a Fett though!

- - - Updated - - -

freaken sweet, probably a dumb question but does it come apart?

View attachment 587832

Not sure I understand your question, you mean explanation as to why they are not involved with the Brian Muir helmets?

- - - Updated - - -

freaken sweet, probably a dumb question but does it come apart?

Yes, in two parts. Round attachment system on top of the helmet.
It's a very solidly built helmet.

The Brian Muir helmet is NOT coming from an authentic ANH mold or cast. Brian didn't made any ROTJ helmets for the movies. The ultimate Vader helmet might based on an authentic ROTJ helmet he owns and was reengineered to an ANH cast. Compared to the eFX......the Ultimate helmet is coming from Brian itself which is a cool factor. The eFX is coming from an original mold but so heavily cleaned that it even in the Legend edition lost pretty much all surface details. Also its paintwork is wrong. There are better ANH helmets out there but not available for the masses, so an eFX with a customized paint job might be the best option...or you go with one of Mac/Bookfaces great Quasimodo helmets....scratchbuilt but they have the look of the helmet.

Any sort of proof to this theory/comment?

The Brian Muir helmet is NOT coming from an authentic ANH mold or cast. Brian didn't made any ROTJ helmets for the movies. The ultimate Vader helmet might based on an authentic ROTJ helmet he owns and was reengineered to an ANH cast. Compared to the eFX......the Ultimate helmet is coming from Brian itself which is a cool factor. The eFX is coming from an original mold but so heavily cleaned that it even in the Legend edition lost pretty much all surface details. Also its paintwork is wrong. There are better ANH helmets out there but not available for the masses, so an eFX with a customized paint job might be the best option...or you go with one of Mac/Bookfaces great Quasimodo helmets....scratchbuilt but they have the look of the helmet.

- - - Updated - - -

So I finally got a reply from Brian, kind of a vague one but here it is.

Screenshot_2016-02-08-07-15-01.png

When I met Brian a few years back he spoke about these, stating that he had acquired a cast (or mold, can't remember completely) from IIRC and ROTJ. He re-worked it into an ANH to try and re-create his original sculpt. I think the way to think about this is that yea, it may not be 100% accurate to the originals, but it was nonetheless reworked and being offered by he original sculptor, which is a novelty in itself, making it more a collectible prop replica.

Something tells me you know more then you are telling us lol but odd thing now is why modify it instead of just keeping it a ROTJ mold/cast? I mean I cant really tell the differences between vader helmets other than the chin square got larger after ANH but were there a lot of changes done from ANH to ROTJ vader helmets?
I just know what i'm taking about ;)

For all the differences i suggest to go on www.starwarshelmets.com There are several pics of the screen used lids and many Vader helmet casts. This should help you ;)
Why not keeping it ROTJ? Brian Muir made the father of all Vader helmets...the screen used ANH so his Ultimate Edition should be ANH also :)

I think it's a privilege to own something that directly came from Brian. Were it not for him, we wouldn't have Vader look the way it looks - and we're enjoying it so many years after the Original Trilogy, and Vader still doesn't look dated. :thumbsup

It would be a dream come true to own one of Brian's Vader buckets. But if it was from an ROTJ helmet, I think I would prefer that it is made based on ROTJ. Unless he is able to re mod to ensure all the nuances on the original ANH using a ROTJ copy. Then again, who am I to judge? It friggin Brian Muir after all!

View attachment 587832

That bottom (chin) vent looks smaller than the screen version... the finish also seems a bit too dull... but I still like the helmet, and agree - owning anything from Brian would be damn cool.

What materials were used to make this helmet?

This is the problem the EFX suffered from also, the dome is too dull compared to what was seen on screen.

This is mine and the Dome is too dull! image.jpeg

It actually looks a lot shinier in the photo than it does in the flesh.

Last edited:
I can't speak for the EFX line but mine appears different in various light sources as does the original.
Light intensity and source is everything when viewing any object.

Here are pics from ANH, note the differences in apparent glossiness.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back