Solo: A Star Wars Story

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

i learned today at lunch time from a friend that woody allen is being considered for a role model role for han? my friend is all upset over it. granted i dont care too much for woody, i really liked him in zombie land!! i thought he was awesome in it
Harrelson* Thats what we are talking about. I dont think anyone thinks its a good move. Bryancd, being ever the insufferable optimist(compliment!:D) is the only one so far that isnt bummed about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

this comment can not be posted right now. please dial again and try later. thank you and party on dudes.

hey... remember when they did that awsome backstory for Anakin Skywalker? And they explained Boba Fett along the way.

That turned out well! /s

& George was planning on putting young Han on Kashyyyk.....continuously shrinking the Universe.....meeting Yoda FFS

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 21.41.40.png

J

Harrelson* Thats what we are talking about. I dont think anyone thinks its a good move. @Bryancd, being ever the insufferable optimist(compliment!:D) is the only one so far that isnt bummed about it.

Well, being optimistic in the build up thread to TFA proved to be correct as well as R1. Instead of optimistic, think of it as giving the benefit of the doubt, which I feel the Lucasfilm story group has well earned. I think there is a reason they are making this film and have cast the people they have and based on their track record so far, I'm willing to be patient and see what they come up with. :) These are very smart, creative people who care very much about this franchise.

Not surprising. Once you're a fan of the old trilogy then the 'strikes' are probably very common feelings among any age group.

I didn't mean to insult younger audiences with my comments. I just expect the teens/20s demographic to be a bit less exposed to the old trilogy on average, relative to older audiences. Older audiences have lived through several rounds of the old trilogy being in theaters, and for decades it was the only SW stuff to exist. Whereas younger people grew up with six SW movies + a TV series, and the prequels were the only SW movies to be shown in theaters during your viewing lifetime.

I'm curious, how accurate are my perceptions about teens/20s people and SW? As in, the non-rabid-SW-fans?

You got me with the 'rabid-SW-fan' bit :lol :lol You're probably right about everyone else.

I don't need to know everything about a characters past. I'd rather some new side stories in the Vader with new characters in that era. A lot of battles and things were going on then. It might be a good film, the Han Solo one I mean, but the actor doesn't really look the part to me.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back