Alien: Covenant (Prometheus Sequel)

That Alien 3 sure was a dog, amirite?

Actually it was initially a bull but they changed it to a dog.

- - - Updated - - -

I respectfully disagree. Aliens kicked A@@. 98% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes.....thats impressive for a Sci-Fi film.

The rest....barf. But I would watch Prometheus again if it was on cable.

I think he is referring to the actual creature design not the films. And I agree, the original is still a work of art never repeated.

I respectfully disagree. Aliens kicked A@@. 98% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes.....thats impressive for a Sci-Fi film.

The rest....barf. But I would watch Prometheus again if it was on cable.

That's cool. Whatever entertains you & you like, then, that is the 98% for you. I am just not a fan of any of the other Alien films - either from a design standpoint, or a mythology standpoint, or anything really. I won't 'nerd out' on the way Cameron obliterated Giger's entire cycle of the life of the creature or made a cartoon follow-up to a work of gothic sci-fi cinema (Ridley was a nut, put the cast through hell - and made a beautiful full film) that is a masterpiece. The other films are bits of ideas here and there (some headache inducing) that might certainly work in some ways, but aren't really any kind of FILM (note those capitals - serious **** right there). They're just bits & ideas (fits & starts) for me, and that's all they'll ever be.

Last edited:
Alien-Covenant-2.jpg

Leaked set pics.

http://www.soisitanygood.com/exclusive-new-alien-covenant-images-give-us-glimpse-new-xenomorphs/

I like how the tail is segmented like a nasty tapeworm. Not crazy about the xenos, but the chestburster is cool. So what will be the ultimate form of the xeno? The Creators made a pretty weak looking Xeno. :(

Easter Eggy names:
Alien was produced by David Giler & Walter Hill.

Checked to verify, but that's the first thing that popped in my head. Why do I remember that?

I too remembered that, because we're fans with something called memory? ;)

It's a nice nod, but a new "artificial person" should have been named something starting with the letter E :p
Ash
Bishop
Call
ETC. ;)

i gotta go back and watch Prometheus again... it's been too long

I watched it again on Saturday night,....there were a couple of things in the past that annoyed me,...slightly,.....but I thoroughly enjoyed it this time,...couldn't get it out of my head for a couple of days

Brilliant,....cant wait for Covenant

J

Captain April, might as well used the genius of Moebius for the next film; SRS always loved his design and drawings.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back