The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Few new promo shots released:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388764663.169181.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388764701.368604.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388764722.618512.jpg

I Love the second one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the best spidey suit yet, but I think that's all I've got to say on it at this point. Looks like it could be a huge mess.

From what I've seen up to this point I'm more excited about RoboCop than this. It DOES look like a huge mess.
Me personally, I liked the suit from the first Amazing Spider-Man movie. This one looks too much like the Raimi suit, which is probably more true to the comic style but just seems too cartoony for me.

Electro looks ridiculous.
Rhino looks ridiculous.
Would rather not have a Harry Osborne again, but I'll take this one over James Franco any day of the week.

Regardless of how bad it looks, I'll see it, because I love super-hero movies. I'll just complain about it after if it sucks.

From what I've seen up to this point I'm more excited about RoboCop than this. It DOES look like a huge mess.
Me personally, I liked the suit from the first Amazing Spider-Man movie. This one looks too much like the Raimi suit, which is probably more true to the comic style but just seems too cartoony for me.

Rhino looks ridiculous.
Would rather not have a Harry Osborne again, but I'll take this one over James Franco any day of the week.

Regardless of how bad it looks, I'll see it, because I love super-hero movies. I'll just complain about it after if it sucks.

I agree on almost everything you said here. If they wanted to go with this "cartoony" suit choice they should've done it in the last one and set the tone for the upcoming movies. This does feel like a reboot of a reboot again but oh well...we'll see. I do still prefer the ASM suit better than this one because it is more unique and a departure from what the Raimi movies had done before with the costume. If I had to rank the movie suits I'd go Spider-Man 2 suit as my number 1, followed by ASM and this would come last. I know most people think this is actually the best suit to date but there's nothing new about it in my opinion. It's the comic suit with the Raimi previously used elements mixed in. Anywho...just my 2 cents which I've already shared in the past but I hadn't come across anyone who agreed with me haha...And I also agree with you on the new Robocop. I love the new design for the same reasons I loved the ASM suit.

Good day everyone.

Rhino looks ridiculous.

I HATED the first reboot, I am pretty sure I am safe in saying I will despise this one more because of Electro and Rhino.

ALthough far from perfect I like the first spiderman movies leaps and bounds over the reboot. If we could have removed Franco and Dunst and replaced them I bet the original films would have been considered epic wins.

I actually thought Franco was a good choice for Harry. Dunst, on the other hand, was the worst possible Mary Jane that there ever could have been.

I HATED the first reboot, I am pretty sure I am safe in saying I will despise this one more because of Electro and Rhino.

ALthough far from perfect I like the first spiderman movies leaps and bounds over the reboot. If we could have removed Franco and Dunst and replaced them I bet the original films would have been considered epic wins.
Yeah, Topher Grace was alright...:rolleyes And Tobey crying and doing dance numbers was cool too.

Loved the reboot... at least as much as SpiderMan 2. I liked the first Raimi because it was an origin story, which are always the most fun in my opinion. I hated the Green Goblin suit and the scenes of them talking on the rooftop were painful to watch because neither had a mouth that moved...

The second movie was great. Loved Doc Oc.

The third was a steaming pile of alien symbiote poo. Horrible way to introduce Venom... it was done so matter of factly.
And above all else, I hate James Franco. Dunst was ok... she did nothing for me either way.

I'm surprised people aren't still holding a grudge for the "organic" web shooters and that TAS bringing them back to devices wasn't a huge score for the reboot.

Guess you can't please everyone, even when you answer the cries of the fans and fix the mistakes of the previous version.

I remember before ASM came out and all we had was pictures of the first suit--I can't remember even one person saying they liked it. "It looks like a basketball, the eyes are awful, no belt, silver tipped shoes, etc"....Then the movie came out and the suit actually worked well on screen. Now everyone loves it because it was different than Raimi's. Let's wait for the movie to come out before we judge this suit. Personally, at this point, I am one of those saying this is the best screen suit yet....But I could be wrong. I will wait for the movie to come out before I judge it completely.

I can't freaking believe they showed a certain scene during that trailer that is definitely a HUGE spoiler to anyone who knows the source material.

Sounds like they were about to start singing "Be Prepared" from THE LION KING.

Pretty snappy little clip, all things considered. @Crank729, they're not that stupid, especially since that's the clip they'll show the second half of at the Superbowl. What you think you're seeing from the comics is not what is happening in that scene.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't freaking believe they showed a certain scene during that trailer that is definitely a HUGE spoiler to anyone who knows the source material.
I don't know about that. I didn't see Gwen fall from a bridge.

I did read that Emma Stone has been hinting at Gwen's death. I'd get a little more respect for this reboot if that's true - but, everything I've seen has been bad. Hated the first one.

Pretty snappy little clip, all things considered. @Crank729, they're not that stupid, especially since that's the clip they'll show the second half of at the Superbowl. What you think you're seeing from the comics is not what is happening in that scene.

Are you sure about that? I think it's still pretty indicative of what's going to happen immediately after said scene.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about that. I didn't see Gwen fall from a bridge.

I did read that Emma Stone has been hinting at Gwen's death. I'd get a little more respect for this reboot if that's true - but, everything I've seen has been bad. Hated the first one.

I'm pretty sure she'll fall immediately after he catches her, and then something bad will happen.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back