Enterprise D flasher light colors

Drudge

What color are the flasher lights on the engine nacelles supposed to be? Are they supposed to be clear/white lights or red and green( respective of their placement in relation to the other marker lights on the ship) on the engine nacelles? In the episodes that I've seen that have them flashing they look white.I've seen some illustrations that show them as red and green and in the "Ships of the Line" book there is one image/illustration where you can see the under side of one of the nacelles that looks like it is a red light instead of white.

All the video's of models I've seen with lights have them as white.On this illustration sheet it shows them as red and green and on the Aoshima model the painted on lights on the nacelles are the same way.

1701d-gus-engineering-top-bottom.jpg

I'm going through my reference photos and the only ones where I've seen them lit, they are white.
I'll keep checking until I reach the end of my folder though.

I'm going through my reference photos and the only ones where I've seen them lit, they are white.
I'll keep checking until I reach the end of my folder though.

All the episode material I've seen shows them as white too.Let me know what you find.

Thanks

IIRC they are all white on the larger 6' filming miniature, but the smaller 3' Jein built D has the green and red.

Good news is both are correct but now you have to decide.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back