ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

I managed to finish the detail work on the gun.

I tracked down the stamps for the numbers, double crown U, and S/N on the hammer and started whacking. A nerve wracking job to say the least...
There is a fine line between trying to keep it organic vs. a giant mess.

I also etched in the words on the side of the gun. A bit of a shame that they get covered up by the scope mount...but all in an effort to get the denix looking a bit more accurate.

All of the re-blueing is finished.

A few more tweaks to the frame and grips to house some electronics and then final assembly.

Thanks for looking

STAMP3.JPGSTAMP2.JPGSTAMP1.JPG

Last edited:
That looks amazing, great eye for matching the stamps. Did you use a laser to etch with CerMark?

You can a couple other members have really taken things to the next level recently with the Denix's

I tracked down the stamps for the numbers, double crown U, and S/N on the hammer and started whacking. A nerve wracking job to say the least...

I also etched in the words on the side of the gun. A bit of a shame that they get covered up by the scope mount...but all in an effort to get the denix looking a bit more accurate.

A few more tweaks to the frame and grips to house some electronics and then final assembly.

Thanks for looking

View attachment 609230View attachment 609229View attachment 609228

Where did you find those stamps?

Thanks for looking

View attachment 609230View attachment 609229View attachment 609228

Awesome work! I've never seen a denix looking so good. You've taken that thing to a whole other level, for sure.
Cool to see you got the new-safety symbol on there too, that's commonly missed on allot of dl-44 replicas. :thumbsup

-Carson

scottjua - your work is absolutely unreal. Honestly, these are absolute works of art. You're raising the bar so high for these replicas. I hesitate to even call them replicas because of the amount of craftsman ship you put in really could be shown in galleries as Tom Saks type art.

Last edited by a moderator:
great work !

Don't know if you want to include them but there are also the U crown and ser# on top of the bolt and 3 number ser on the rear hammer. I put them on mine for a little more somethin somethin...

PS don't include the "MAUSER" on the left side... ! ; )
2455.jpg

c96mauser9.jpg

That looks amazing, great eye for matching the stamps. Did you use a laser to etch with CerMark?

Hi Tommm

I blued the gun and used the laser to remove the blue. No cermark required for this one.

- - - Updated - - -

great work !

Don't know if you want to include them but there are also the U crown and ser# on top of the bolt and 3 number ser on the rear hammer. I put them on mine for a little more somethin somethin...

PS don't include the "MAUSER" on the left side... ! ; )
http://www.zib-militaria.de/WebRoot...1/15B4/1DD6/A7A1/E4AF/C0A8/29C3/81E1/2455.jpg

http://www.forgottenweapons.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/c96mauser9.jpg

Thanks for the additional ref. pics Kpax

and...ARGGG...more stamping!

Where did you get the stamps!?

Hi Scott

Late night surfing all over the map. I found a stamp maker in Croatia that had the numbers in the font I was looking for and the U. I had him make the remaining S/N to get the full set.

When Im done the project they will be up for grabs in the junkyard.

If anyone wants the direct info drop me a line. Be warned it was left kidney for sale kind of purchase when the dust settled.

In for a penny in for a pound at this point I guess.

I looked into finding/making stamps but hit brick walls. Nothing close enough. I finally decided I wanted to get the look of the old original anyway with all the TOO deep uneven stamping on the original so I opted for etching.

I copied the markings off the best images available and cleaned them up but retained the sloppiness of the original stamp look.

I had to make photo etch screens and then used a home made electro etching machine to photo etch the marks on the frame.

Nerve racking to get the correct placement and depth...

I have the patterns if anyone wants them. getting the exact print size also took a few tries... ; )

Hi Scott

Late night surfing all over the map. I found a stamp maker in Croatia that had the numbers in the font I was looking for and the U. I had him make the remaining S/N to get the full set.

When Im done the project they will be up for grabs in the junkyard.

If anyone wants the direct info drop me a line. Be warned it was left kidney for sale kind of purchase when the dust settled.

In for a penny in for a pound at this point I guess.

no need for that... I'll buy them

@jason_ehl: Would love some more info on the Croatian stamp maker!

@kpax: Would also love to see your patterns :D

If anybody has more info on the double crown stamp and the NS stamp, please share! I would REALLY love to add these features to my new build...

Does anybody has any reference photos for the NS stamp?

EDIT: Has this stamp been ID'ed?? Any ideas??

ANH_hero-cc2-3 kopi.jpg

ANH_hero-cc2-3 kopi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back