Supernatural Props.What Ya Got... 4 Years 2010-2014

Re: Supernatural Props.What Ya Got...

I was kind of disappointed in the "key to Oz" as a prop. Very rough, awkward and uninspiring in my opinion considering how amazing it could have been.

Also, when Dean finds it, it is flat on the bottom, when the witch has it, it has a key-type of projection from the bottom, then when Charlie has it again, the projection is gone. Perhaps the key-type of projection only appears when it it magically being used to open a door?

10593843976_595d7f6f13_o.jpg

10594088553_6bae3abf78_o.jpg

10593830795_de6dcb8beb_o.jpg

Looks like there's a seam in the 2nd picture meaning it's 2 pieces put together. Could be that the key end is spring loaded to hide the fact it's a key (as a prop; the magical aspect would make more sense for the show.) I can't say for sure, I missed the episode.

I thought it had a kind of funky, handmade feel to it and looked like a fun prop to add to the collection. My guess is that it's a single design/mold that originally had two pieces cast and was glued together. That was my first thought on how to make it. Though, I didn't see the seam line while the episode was airing, so at least there wouldn't be too much worry about getting the seam clean. heh

And my guess is that the "key" part only comes out when it's about to be used.

If no one has done it by the time I finish my angel blade and Ruby dagger (I missed the runs here), I'll take a stab at this.

I was kind of disappointed in the "key to Oz" as a prop. Very rough, awkward and uninspiring in my opinion considering how amazing it could have been.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3714/10593843976_595d7f6f13_o.jpg

Personally, I plan to forget this episode as soon as possible. Regarding the key though, the end with the spring loaded key looks a lot like the bottom of the Goonie's Copper Bones key. Wonder if that was intentional.

if you wanted to get someone an inexpensive prop from this show, what would you get them?

I put this together at the beginning of this year.
N7FKm.jpg

R0HnQ.jpg

iWNcr.jpg

pyjl4.jpg

9rXWV.jpg

a3qLg.jpg

I purchased a fake FBI badge and photoshopped up an ID for Special Agent Jimmy Page.
LBqGp.jpg

cool, thanks, scornell1. I'll have to see what these salt rounds are. I've never watched the show.

cool, thanks, scornell1. I'll have to see what these salt rounds are. I've never watched the show.

Search Ebay for Supernatural Salt rounds I think I'm the only one who sells them on there. The show uses them for dispersing ghosts.

Done with all lathe and finishing work on the angel blade handle and finally got it molded and cast to start cutting away the top area where the blade will sit.
IMG_3815_zps9b814c25.jpg

Really happy with this, but fairly scared of getting close to having to start the blade. heh

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back