Rogue One Vader costume

You have to make a spoiler warning before showing production pics :D

Oops! :darnkids

I would find it hysterical if the illustrator who was rending the 'official' artwork from the movie, would make that much of a leap from a Rubies style helmet to something that looks much more like a Brian Muir Ultimate Vader. Considering how faithful the illustrator has been in capturing pretty much everything we've seen so far in the trailers, and how close the production team kept the ST lids (which certainly had their mods).

As per Star Wars lore, the C scar happens just moments before he entered the Tantive IV. Vader was picking at his breathing apparatus with a "space coat hanger" and missed his nose area, glancing his cheek and creating the infamous C scar. BOOM...mic drop.

And so, " Star Wars: Legends" was born

well all i care about is if it is styled AFTER an ANH Vader, thats all that matters to me. it doesn't have to be an exact replica (although that would be sick if it was) but it needs to have the proper dome size and the widows peak and all the other aspects of an ANH Vader and ill be ecstatic. if its fashioned after any other style vader it will be a huge letdown for me.

It is, it just is a very very poor execution of it.
This is something I believe that all the more knowledgeable vader people will all agree on once they see it.

It is, it just is a very very poor execution of it.
This is something I believe that all the more knowledgeable vader people will all agree on once they see it.

Judging by reading your posts, I assume that you already got to see it? Please give us more insights if you did!

So they had Brian Muir (essentially) sculpt a cleaned up Rubies Deluxe?

And the R1 Vader is going to look nothing like the newly released artwork?

View attachment 626380

So is this official? :unsure

View attachment 626381

The artwork looks like the artist may have used a photo or illustrated with an actual eFX in front of him/her.

Did the bottom image actually come from a trailer? I couldn't find the source, but found another image in connection with it - it appears that this is a Reveal style and it's symmetrical:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-akIJvT-6U...51-darth-vader-1920x1200-movie-wallpaper1.jpg

However, the image comes from a wallpaper site and appears to be a photograph as opposed to a screen capture of a trailer.

The artwork looks like the artist may have used a photo or illustrated with an actual eFX in front of him/her.

Did the bottom image actually come from a trailer? I couldn't find the source, but found another image in connection with it - it appears that this is a Reveal style and it's symmetrical:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-akIJvT-6U...51-darth-vader-1920x1200-movie-wallpaper1.jpg

However, the image comes from a wallpaper site and appears to be a photograph as opposed to a screen capture of a trailer.

Second image was tongue in cheek. :D

The first Vader image looks like they sat down with the Brian Muir Ultimate Vader helmet for reference, which is what I'd think Brian may have started with or used for inspiration. If what Gino says is correct, I'll be mildly disappointed.

I always thought it was a huge misstep in Revenge of the Sith that the Vader suit looked nothing like the ANH -- or any other -- version. It sounds like they're at least trying in the new movie.

I know there are slight variations between the 5 & 6 version but this is the gist, actually the chest box from EP3 does look a bit more like EP4's than it does the others to me.
Compspanels4wn (1).jpg

Cant wait for images to start showing up!

I gotta say though in some of the descriptions they mention the lights on the chest box being identical to ANH, but ANH Vader didnt have any light on his chest box. He did have the buttons and the coin slots but non of them lit up in ANH.

Juan...I've sent you 2 private messages......can you kindly respond to me please.

Out of pure naivety, what are the issues with the R1 Stormtroopers compared to ANH?

Before I say this I want to be very clear that I am in no way trying to be an ass about this movie. I am over the moon about it. I couldn't be more excited. It's just that The ANH Stormy is very close to my heart.

None of it from sculpting,trimming or assembly is ANH Stormtrooper accurate. Yes it looks like a Stormtrooper and most won't notice or care but the original armor flowed so well from part to part but this new armor has huge gaps between parts,oversized and disproportionate parts and also a more general fat profile compared to the originals more sleaker streamlined sculpt. The original was a true iconic work of art but this......well it's just a bad copy.

Not putting a dampner on the movie as I love what I see and I've heard all the excuses on why they changed the armor but it is what it is and this is Just my opinion on what I soooo hoped would be more true to the original. As for Vader,well anything is better than that damn EPIII mess. Lol

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back