Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

Being brought up in the V2 sales thread, another good image of the "mystery chunk" from the SWCA photos:

attachment.php

Weirdly it doeslook tapered..and in some shots curved with the pommel/tube

Even if tapered, I'm thinking the square-headed set screw would be a good starting point, as the threads would ensure a good attachment to the saber, and you'd just grind away a bit on the square head to create a shape more akin to a mini-pommel cube than a perfect square.

Then if better pics come along later, just unscrew the first attempt and then have a go at grinding a better one.

This was previously posted by "James kenobi 1138" but when I quoted him it would show the picture, here is another great blow up pic of the v2 (middle) showing the metal chunk

rotjsaber-vi.jpg

Im totally on board with you, I also have a gut feeling that this plugs the hole the wires came out for the motor inside

I think you can see the wire coming from the saber & going up his sleeve in this picture :)

looks ms to be in the right place for the mystery chunk hole

always think the pommel looks weird in this pic (maybe just the angle) & the clamp has slid right up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 231
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 241
You would think after all these years and fans meeting him someone would have asked Mark Hamill about it. I realize he does not know every detail about a given prop like us but he obviously might have asked, "Hey why am I carrying this beat up, all messed up piece of junk as my "new" lightsaber?", and then GL or someone would have explained. Then of course more explanation would be needed for the Hero scene.

I guess I am saying I am sure he knows the original story on this thing. He would not be being asked about the third version of 10 different lightsabers he used on a certain day 35 years ago. This saber was part of the story in a huge way and it's very odd once you see it for him to be carrying this in the film?????

I really thought the fans had gone off the deep end when MR came out with the V2 and people actually wanted it. Now of course I can't wait to get mine. :wacko

Are you talking about the knob on the section right above the pommel or talking about something else? If so, are you sure that isn't the knob from a Michell turntable that is also on X-wing and TIE fighter X-boxes (among other things)? ...

I think you can see the wire coming from the saber & going up his sleeve in this picture :)

looks ms to be in the right place for the mystery chunk hole

always think the pommel looks weird in this pic (maybe just the angle) & the clamp has slid right up

yes that's the picture which makes me believe the power wires came out that hole. And last minute they used the square headed bolt to fill it

- - - Updated - - -

Most of those Square Head Set Screws only come in pretty decently large sizes. I've looked everywhere and this is the only website that has anything smaller than 1/4-20 sizes. I emailed them, asking about how to order #10-32 versions of these things. I haven't heard anything back yet :(

http://catalog.automotivefasteners....s-set-screws/square-head-set-screws-cup-point

View attachment 510914

i have seen them used before as oil drain plugs on old machines like air compressors and generators.

Could it also be this?

I have added my own "mystery chunk" now. I used the piece that comes in the Graflex clamp's sidebar to which the lever is threaded into.

8.jpg20150807_012441887_iOS.jpg

I still see it's too big, but good enough until we have better pics :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back