GHOSTBUSTERS Pre-Release - film discussion only, no social commentary please!

I'm trying.... but there really is not much coming out to discuss the actual development of the movie.I don't want to revive the old nasty thread. But I wonder if there is enough reason to start a separate 'trashing' thread devoted specifically for it. that way this one can get back on track for what it was originally intended. I'm having so much fun thrashing this thing relentlessly all over the place, it's tough to stop ;o).

Neil, you know my view of this project is pretty closely aligned with yours, but I don't find the idea of an all positive or all negative discussion interesting at all. At this point, I'm sorry for starting a new thread as it's turned into the old one. It's really one member who keeps bringing it there though - I'm asking you take a step back and look at how you're posting and interacting in this community. You've got a right to your opinions, of course! I concede that there have been some personal attacks which the moderators have done a good job of pruning, but as a community we can't lean on the moderators for every aspect of our interactions. At some point, you need to be the one to recognize that several people are asking you to dial back the less relevant criticisms, that you're apologizing for derailing the "on-topic" thread every couple weeks. There really shouldn't be a third GB2016 thread, and I wish we didn't really need two. The first one is full of the stuff dragging this one down, and it is still active:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=221288

Why would you not want to post the less relevant stuff in there? It might be fun for you to relentlessly trash this movie, but it's really not fun for others - especially when so many of the criticisms are severe stretches, or irrelevant to the actual project or actual facts. This was meant to be a more pure thread about Sony's actual decisionmaking, process, and final product. If there's not much coming out about the actual development of the movie (not sure how accurate that is), it'd make sense for discussion in this thread to slow down. That shouldn't look like an opportunity to devolve it into that last thread for kicks.

Take a breath; consider what you post and where. Keep bashing that hideous bike, the "comedy" displayed in the trailers right here! Take the other stuff to the last thread so we can keep them distinct. It's easy! You can even vent however you'd like with your facebook status where the RPF rules and community are non-factors. There's nothing wrong with any of it, with wanting to vent, with trashing Feigbusters, with being excited for it, anything - but it shouldn't take moderators to enforce the stated topic or spirit of a thread, and we shouldn't have to keep people who are for or against anything separate. That certainly wasn't intended for either of these threads - detractors and fans are welcome in both! We'll see how this thread goes moving forward. Hopefully everyone will keep participating with the stated focus in mind!

Take a breath; consider what you post and where. Keep bashing that hideous bike, the "comedy" displayed in the trailers right here! Take the other stuff to the last thread so we can keep them distinct. It's easy! You can even vent however you'd like with your facebook status where the RPF rules and community are non-factors. There's nothing wrong with any of it, with wanting to vent, with trashing Feigbusters, with being excited for it, anything - but it shouldn't take moderators to enforce the stated topic or spirit of a thread, and we shouldn't have to keep people who are for or against anything separate. That certainly wasn't intended for either of these threads - detractors and fans are welcome in both! We'll see how this thread goes moving forward. Hopefully everyone will keep participating with the stated focus in mind!

I'll try.... but part of the problem is there is nothing to take a breather too...
someone get me a life before shatner finds out ;o)..

I don't regret anything said, although I do feel sorry for dragging your thread down with some of the forbidden topics!
Quite frankly, sometimes I don't think the detractors are very welcome here, no matter how many times we post. that's why I felt it was safer to start a third thread free of the baggage of the other nastier one so hopefully it won't get as personally mean. or have some of the forbidden stuff drag your thread down.

oh, and trust me, I do bash it on facebook relentlessly. if I don't battle these lowest common denominator movies, just who will ?;o)
it's not much of a living, but hey, i'm still breathing ;o).

Movie's gonna suck if everything I've seen so far is any indication. However if bashing it is your best way to bide time until the release you need a hobby. :lol

Back to topic, bike looks pretty bad. Lol

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

I'll enjoy watching this die the horrible death that it deserves. Kill it with fire.

Good idea for a spoof....while screening the film at its premiere, it opens up a portal into another dimension that swallows the makers and those who would actually go to see it, trapping them in a celluloid phantom zone of crap cinema.

The motorcycle looks like crap,that looks like the bed of my pal's truck when we go haul junk to the scrap yard,not like some cobbled together device,and the stuff on the tank um W-T-F over? "spontaneously combustible?" so,what? it's gonna suddenly catch fire? and the no ghost symbol looks like a four year old with a condition drew it.

That combined with the overall "humor" (I use that loosely) makes me think a huge pile animal excrement is going to be more amusing.

Meh let it die horribly and burn it with hellfire,please :facepalm

I'll probably see this on network TV, about a week after it opens in theaters, ;) Well maybe a few months. I definitely won't pay to see it. But like a train wreck, enough people will go to keep it going a few weeks. If people would stop patronizing dreck like this maybe Hollyweird would stop making it. What am I saying, they will never stop. They actually think this stuff is good. They are PC to the core. They can't retcon, race swap, gender bait, history rewrite enough. It doesn't matter how much we like an original film. Nothing is sacred or revered. They dont get the fans love for the film's, to them it's sentimental nostalgia. They have the right to interpret a film treatment any way they like. Fans be damned. Well this fan will say no every time. I'll save my money for blurays of the originals. Can't wait for Disney to release the original Star Wars trilogy. That's if Ole George didn't put a clause in the contract with the mouse. I so wish that we could get some young directors that actually get it. Away with the shaky cam, the teal orange, the PC dreck. Put the guns back on the Fed agents in E T, and let Han shoot first. And there is no Khan but Ricardo Montelban. Just a fantasy but luckily they have no rights to our thoughts. Retcon this !

Some changes don't bug me,Star Trek being one as I actually like the new films-it IS an alternate time line so everything people love is still there and who knows? at some point they could return to it.

But this movie is a train wreck of a disaster and it's blatantly obvious that Fig Newton's take is just a sign he can't make anything but one type of film and he just alters it for whatever situation is given to him-I've seen part of one of his films and a few clips of others and I get the distinct feeling if you joined them all together with no credits one would think they're watching one long and dumb movie and now we're going to add a Ghostbusters part to it.

I have netflix if it shows up there I may be forced to take a peek but in no other way will I see this,if it was actually funny then I'd be willing to go pass the gender swap and see what's what but as it stands this looks like a ghost in a wedding dress.....

hey NeilT I'm hearing great reviews! ... LOL ;)

I'm trying to quit, occifer. hic* but the wombats keep dragging me back onto the streets!

I was going to post something in my FeigBusters bashing thread just to have some fun......but seems I can't access it for some reason.

OK, I see how this is going to go..sigh. If you aren't going to let anyone post in it , just delete it. don't let it dangle there!
us constant complainers can't win ;o)...

Last edited:

To be honest, most of the actual info we get here about this movie is from Neil, but he seems to be trying to stop because people were getting upset about hearing someone bash The Precious, apparently.

I was enjoying reading it myself. The movie looks like crap. I sorry that bothers some. I wanted it to be good too, and who knows, maybe it still migt be. But, I doubt it, because so far it looks like crap.

The bike just looks lazy.

AJ... What the hell are you doing?

That kind of concise straight forward honest post won't be tolerated! LOL!

Totally agree. Other than the part about the bike looking lazy... It's a great deal worse than that. That is not "used world" style of prop making.... That is a pile of garbage on a POS bike with an insult of a logo slopped on it.

NeilT, I say as long as you aren't saying anything sexist or racist. It's fair game for you to post. I agree with AJ that I enjoyed seeing your updates as you actually seem to be more up to date with ANY info about this movie than anyone else that's posting here. Bring on whatever news you hear IMHO.

To be honest, most of the actual info we get here about this movie is from Neil, but he seems to be trying to stop because people were getting upset about hearing someone bash The Precious, apparently.

I was enjoying reading it myself. The movie looks like crap. I sorry that bothers some. I wanted it to be good too, and who knows, maybe it still migt be. But, I doubt it, because so far it looks like crap.

The bike just looks lazy.

Local newspaper had an article about this 'most hated movietrailer ever'. Check out those dislikes...

8vw8pu.jpg

I was browsing images for close up shots of the proton gun and found this design.
THAT is how you redesign something. that's beyond awesome.
ghostbusters_proton_rifle_by_firebladecomics-d6lpvg4.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back