New Tomenosuke Blaster Pro "Retail" version

Cheers guys yeah Im happy with it so far :)
Such a great prop to strip down and play around with to make it to your own taste :)

Thanks vfx I was wondering how the steel barrel would blue up compared with the zinc I've got a guy hopefully making one soon but his workshop is out of action at the minute so I've got to be patient :) im going to weather the gloss black parts just a little nxt not to much I'm going for the used looked after look if that makes sense lol! :) polish the grips up then its finished

Thanks again for the kind words guys

I have built a couple of blade runner blasters now and they have all been so different to work with so much fun always puts a smile on my face when they are finished :) i will post some more pictures when it's done

Have fun with your kits guys :)

Fletch

Did any of you guys have one of the Tomenosuke kits / finished guns successfully shipped to the UK?

Edit:

Just saw this:

It's on it's way. The best case scenario is I get a letter from my local sorting office saying to pay the duty, which will be huge but worth it. The worst case is I get a letter saying it contravenes UK gun laws, and they're seizing it. Can I appeal?, will they return to sender?, truth is, I just don't know. Fingers crossed, I'm bricking it.

Trick, any update on your situation?

Last edited:
By the way the other day I was wondering if I would get the replacement butt plate from HCG.
I contacted them and they said it was being shipped right away.

Did any of you guys have one of the Tomenosuke kits / finished guns successfully shipped to the UK?

Edit:

Just saw this:

Trick, any update on your situation?

To my surprise and delight it flew through customs. It was described as a toy gun (no gas, no gunpowder), yeah, seriously, it said that on the box. Of course, I had to pay the ********* import duty, but for once, I was happy to. As I had bought the gun for it's retail price, not the Ebay price, It was all in at £600. If you consider that I had to pay a total of £1100 for the Tomenosuke kit, then I consider this as one of my best ever buys. As I have said previously in this thread, I think that buying direct from Japan helps with customs as Japanese gun laws are extremely strict. Perhaps they are more wary of packages coming from the US?. Just have to say, the Takagi is fabulous. So clean and neat. The plastic reciever, which was a worry to me, looks for all the world like metal. The finish on the metal parts is exquisite. Although perhaps not quite as weighty as the Tomenosuke, it is very nearly the measure of it, for almost half the price. Very, very happy man. Try Rakuten.com, they may have one left.

I was able to show Dave at DEC the kit to see if he wanted to do a steel barrel run. (I first asked DaveG if he was going to do a run and he said no.)

DEC Dave said he could run them and will get an estimate together and post an interest thread soon.

I also contacted HCG about the replacement butt plate and they confirmed they were
shipping it to me right away.

I got the part yesterday. Simply the entire bottom is flat black.
You could just respray the old part's bottom all black.

Anyways, it looks like you have to ask. I don't think they were automatically sending them out to all customers.

Awesome! Glad you got it!

To my surprise and delight it flew through customs. It was described as a toy gun (no gas, no gunpowder), yeah, seriously, it said that on the box. Of course, I had to pay the ********* import duty, but for once, I was happy to. As I had bought the gun for it's retail price, not the Ebay price, It was all in at £600. If you consider that I had to pay a total of £1100 for the Tomenosuke kit, then I consider this as one of my best ever buys. As I have said previously in this thread, I think that buying direct from Japan helps with customs as Japanese gun laws are extremely strict. Perhaps they are more wary of packages coming from the US?. Just have to say, the Takagi is fabulous. So clean and neat. The plastic reciever, which was a worry to me, looks for all the world like metal. The finish on the metal parts is exquisite. Although perhaps not quite as weighty as the Tomenosuke, it is very nearly the measure of it, for almost half the price. Very, very happy man. Try Rakuten.com, they may have one left.

How spoilt am I...

spoilt.jpeg

If someone wants to start an interest thread Dave at DEC said he would run them if he gets enough ...interest.

Sure. The more the merrier.
thanks Hirohawa. Once set up, Dave can link them.
He would prob have time after the droid callers.

Sure. The more the merrier.
thanks Hirohawa. Once set up, Dave can link them.
He would prob have time after the droid callers.

I communicated with Dave about another commission a couple of days ago. after the droid callers. he said there were some life things he had to take care and would be out of shop for about a month.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back