TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Re: That's a Graflex, right (Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)?

OK, assuming Luke has the same saber he had when we last saw him, I wonder if we'll see one of these in TFA?

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/...1-B986-43E9-BB00-7143C278BCFF_zpswwardbmp.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/...3-13BF-4556-B150-E69FF1A265E2_zps5p1p0p4k.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/...3-3354-4435-BFBA-E357BD3E9B8F_zpsfil8jy4k.jpg

Or, like the G R A F L E X, will we see a hybrid version of all three?

I guess we'll know soon enough.

remember luke chucks that saber at the emperor "bah, ill never join you!" :p i wonder if he picked it back up.... im throwing in the dvd as we speak, i think i remember it bouncing off his leg at the ewok celebration...

EDIT: just checked via youtube, YUP he has it at the ewoke celebration! i now wonder if we will see it again in ep7...

OK, assuming Luke has the same saber he had when we last saw him, I wonder if we'll see one of these in TFA?

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/...1-B986-43E9-BB00-7143C278BCFF_zpswwardbmp.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/...3-13BF-4556-B150-E69FF1A265E2_zps5p1p0p4k.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/...3-3354-4435-BFBA-E357BD3E9B8F_zpsfil8jy4k.jpg

Or, like the G R A F L E X, will we see a hybrid version of all three?

I guess we'll know soon enough.

I never even thought of that. Personally, I'd like to see Luke's hero ROTJ saber, but I think a hybrid is more likely now that you mention it (especially seeing how Luke's lightsaber is a hybrid, the top being ANH and the bottom being ESB(

The
remember luke chucks that saber at the emperor "bah, ill never join you!" :p i wonder if he picked it back up.... im throwing in the dvd as we speak, i think i remember it bouncing off his leg at the ewok celebration...

EDIT: just checked via youtube, YUP he has it at the ewoke celebration! i now wonder if we will see it again in ep7...

Yep, even though he doesn't appear to have it on his belt when he takes Vader's mask off on the Death Star, it's on his belt at "The Teddy Bear Picnic":

Last edited:

We all know that the Graflex is 1.5" diameter, The Anakin Ep3 sabre is 1.38" diameter. I just measured my MR LE. HTH :)

Edit: Just to add... 1.38" or 35mm OD tubing is a stocked size by most metal suppliers, its not a commonly used size like 1.5" is but it is stocked.

Last edited:

:eek: Hadn't thought of the ROTJ piece either. Silently freaking out over herrr

The best rumor I heard is by making the sabers from scratch, and not found parts, LFL would hold exclusive rights to the designs and be able to protect the copyright. With a Graflex and found parts or even an Obi ANH from replicas of real parts they would be limited on how they could stop sales of bootleg lightsabers.

That sounds believable.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I guess over 30 years he would update it probably.

The best rumor I heard is by making the sabers from scratch, and not found parts, LFL would hold exclusive rights to the designs and be able to protect the copyright. With a Graflex and found parts or even an Obi ANH from replicas of real parts they would be limited on how they could stop sales of bootleg lightsabers.

not bashing Lucas, but thay does sound like Lucas thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: Just to add... 1.38" or 35mm OD ....

1.38 is an odd diameter...i wonder...THX 1.38?

1.38' (or 1.375") is 1 3/8", a very common tubing measurement. Nothing more to it.

I hope Luke has the V2, I think that one is the coolest ROTJ saber.

Happy times these are to be fans....

Dark times to be graflex hunters.

Just looked up Graflex 3 cell on the Bay and several over 300.00
One going for 500.
Was excited to see it show up in the trailer but at the same time knew the price would skyrocket.

I may or may not pull the trigger on one of the $300 ones.

They are only going to go up.

Propmaniac, you don't still happen to have your Reborn ESB for sale do you?

Hmmm, a while ago when they previewed the new toy saber offerings, one of the foam bladed sabers looked suspiciously like an ESB Graflex. Maybe it was actually a TFA?

Guys ... and perhaps some girls ... Luke did not pick up his ROTJ saber from the throne room floor after he
tossed it passed Emperor Palpatine ... ever since The Empire Strikes Back ... he uses the Force :

:lol

Chaim

Glad I didn't sell the two glass eyes I have! Yet another version of the graflex lightsaber! First it was the red button that was getting hard to find now it gonna be vintage glass eyes.

I feel the urge to build another now. Wish I hadn't sold this one!!!

Attachments

• graflex.jpg
    graflex.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 224
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back