Dr. Who - The Empty Child - Gas Mask

I'm sure I read somewhere that when they made the masks, the standard eyes weren't big enough, so they used the bottom of baked bean tins for larger holes... Bizarre! :)

I'm sure I read somewhere that when they made the masks, the standard eyes weren't big enough, so they used the bottom of baked bean tins for larger holes... Bizarre! :)

Not that bizarre InGen. The eye piece (Lens part) of the original Daleks were made from the top of a dog food can. The same brand is still available in the UK today ( Chappie) :)

Dalek builders still use the same method.

Last edited:
Here's one I threw together in a few days for New Orleans Comic Con. The sizing is way off due to the inability of making a kid sit still long enough. LOL

The eyes and filter are made from various caps from the rear of headlights (I have access to a lot of smashed car parts, so I save interesting looking greeblies). The main mask was made from foam headliner material, which was way too soft and allowed the seams to open up. The eye lenses are plexiglas from a picture frame and darkened with 50% window tint. It was close enough to be recognizable by many at the con.

Attachments

• ec150110.jpg
    ec150110.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 112
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back