Anovos Stormtrooper.... thoughts?

So we know the ANH helmet that Anovos scanned was just as misshapen as what they released but my question is this... is that how warped the helmet was in 1977 or did it become the shape it is today from years of sitting on a shelf, sitting on top of a mannequin head, or stored in a crate and possibly subject to a lot of temperature changes over the years?

Its so warped time travel calls it up for advice.
But really, the ears are inches off and the brain bucket is lopsided as if it was holding up a fallen bookcase for a Death Valley summer.

Which everything I know, which I admit isn't everything but I've read up a lot recently, means it's completely accurate to the ****ty buckets made for Eps 4-6.

So we know the ANH helmet that Anovos scanned was just as misshapen as what they released but my question is this... is that how warped the helmet was in 1977 or did it become the shape it is today from years of sitting on a shelf, sitting on top of a mannequin head, or stored in a crate and possibly subject to a lot of temperature changes over the years?

Years back when i lived in Marin, I knew one of the librarians at the archive - according to her, they actually have a pretty good handle on environmental control, and those PPE helmets, while not taking paint at all well and showing their age that way, the geometry has not suffered in any significant way.

Years back when i lived in Marin, I knew one of the librarians at the archive - according to her, they actually have a pretty good handle on environmental control, and those PPE helmets, while not taking paint at all well and showing their age that way, the geometry has not suffered in any significant way.

Good to know. Thanks.

The original helmets hold their shape much better than the armor. I've only ever seen about 2 armor sets that's shape has stayed true but out of all the helmets there is probably only one which may have suffered but I'm pretty sure it had issues in 77.

Ben

When you have something bowl shaped, it is a lot stronger and less likely to warp or deform. It can happen, but it's less likely.

Long thin open ended armor pieces? Yeah, those are going to warp, and continue to warp with age.

The warping we see on helmets today, I'm convinced anyways, was nothing more than the helmets being made hastily. They were asymmetrical from the molds themselves, and them trying to line all those pieces up is what made them "wonky."

on a different topic where can I find good quality trooper boots?

Tkboots.com

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454347558.718471.jpg

Its so warped time travel calls it up for advice.

But really, the ears are inches off and the brain bucket is lopsided as if it was holding up a fallen bookcase for a Death Valley summer.

Again, this is looking STRAIT down.
http://i63.tinypic.com/2n0545f.jpg

and here I had to angle the camera so far to the left I actually laughed taking the picture to get both ears in the picture.
http://i65.tinypic.com/kew8pe.jpg

This can be reduced via assembly. I made my RS almost perfect in this regard, it is to do with the position of the faceplate within the back and cap. Get some magnets and take it all apart, magnet it together and play with the positioning. What another poster said about it being all screwed together will make this easy! You might have to trim a little bit of plastic on one side when you're ready.

If you are unlucky it will have been overtrimmed, making adjusting impossible. At that point, definitely send it back if you aren't happy.
IMG_0973.JPGIMG_0972.JPG

edit: I misunderstood the part you thought was warped. Put your helmet on a stand before judging, as one vocoder tube is more bulbous than the other, so it never sits evenly on a flat surface (explains why you had to move your camera left to get both ears in)

Attachments

• IMG_0972.JPG
    IMG_0972.JPG
    724.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0973.JPG
    IMG_0973.JPG
    648.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Which everything I know, which I admit isn't everything but I've read up a lot recently, means it's completely accurate to the ****ty buckets made for Eps 4-6.

Shjtty is a matter of opinion in the eye of the beholder. To me the ANH and ESB helmets are beautifully hand sculpted pieces of art and historical pieces of cinema. I'm not a fan of the computer generated perfectly symmetrical clone troopers in EPs 2-3. My kiddo on the other hand thinks they're they cat's meow. LOL

I read that the armor is all ONE SIZE, but the black under suit comes in different sizes.

I ordered multiple kits, does anyone know how to tell what size is in the box without opening it?

I am using sheet metal sheers to trim the pieces. Sanding and polishing the edges with round sander drums on my Dremel tool. What technique are others using with success? Are you assembling with Superglue or E6000 or other?

s-l225.jpg
s-l225.jpg
s-l225.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back