The Walking Dead - Merle Dixon's Prosthetic Bayonet Arm (lil merle)

a friend of mine went to horror hound (i think?) in Cincinnati this weekend and he offered to take lil merle with him to get it signed.

598710_4348835168569_1165677553_n.jpg:original

Why didn't you go?
By the way, that's bad ass he signed it. Your friend should have asked for feedback about it.

I am really impressed with what you did, it is amazing. I saw one Ebay from another user, made with lightweight material, but almost 200 bucks, no doubt that this might cost more once you decide a price, but I might be interested in getting one of these bad boys from you one day, working on a Merle cosplay as it is and need a good stump bayonet!!
Ps Having Rooker sign Lil' Merle, would be like Babe Ruth signing a louseville Slugger, that is how badass it is!!

It looks really good, did you use oomoo? I'm thinking about using the caulk technique to mold mine.

i've started working on #2. #3 is soon to follow.

i've made a couple of small changes so far on #2. the metal for the arm brace is now 1/6" instead of 1/8". this is to help with weight and comfort when wearing it. also, the plate that covers the strip of metal for the arm brace has been shortened slightly.

i'll also use the same leather throughout and it'll be a bit darker in color. other than that it'll be same as the prototype.

IMG_6554.jpg

Here is early images of our fully functional Lil merle from AMC’s The Walking dead. Everything is real steel , cut and wielded with a real world war 2 bayonet. Thanks guys and enjoy.Sorry for the earlier post. Made in Elizabethtown Kentucky.lil merle 2.jpglil merle 3.jpglil merle 4.jpglil merle 5.jpg

Last edited:
Here is early images of our fully functional Lil merle from AMC’s The Walking dead. Everything is real steel , cut and wielded with a real world war 2 bayonet . Once we make the brackets and belts we will be going into limited production. We plan on having some of these signed by Michael Rooker when he comes to Louisville Kentucky July 26-28. We are going to also be offering a Dixon Delux model with customized case .When we are ready we will do a post in the junkyard posts. Thanks guys and enjoy. Made in Elizabethtown Kentucky.

really? advertising in my post?

Just wanted to show you my project. I thought this was a site just for that.

It's considered bad form to "hijack" someone's thread. You should edit your previous comment, start a Build Thread in the Replica Prop Forum detailing your build, and THEN an Interest Thread in the Junkyard that you can later convert to a For Sale Thread if there's enough folks on board to make it worth your trouble.

-Jonaas

These look very good auzorann. I was wondering what the big holes in the sides of them are for. And if i bought one could you leave the holes out?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back