New Star Trek TOS Phaser coming November 2014

I just got an email notice that my phaser form Startrek.com is now listed as backordered and has no expected shipping date. What?!?

Same here.

Except, I have not gotten any emails from StarTrek.com despite the fact I have an order there too. I even sent an email asking for a status report, but no answer.

Last edited:
I just used the coupon code ELFINSALE on ThinkGeek which gets you free standard shipping and 30% off. I bought 2 for $216.94 shipped.

I might consider canceling my order at StarTrek.com

I just considered that too, so I went to the Star Trek customer service page and looked up my order, all set to cancel and go to thinkgeek. But mine's listed as backordered with a ship date of 11/28, so I can wait three more days to find out what's what. Of course, as curious as I am, I'm up to my elbows in phaser since 10/4, so thank God I have a way to scratch the itch till then. :)

Last edited:
I just considered that too, so I went to the Star Trek customer service page and looked up my order, all set to cancel and go to thinkgeek. But mine's listed as backordered with a ship date of 11/28, so I can wait three more days to find out what's what. Of course, as curious as I am, I'm up to my elbows in phaser since 10/4, so thank God I have a way to scratch the itch till then. :)

My order at Trek.com was on backorder until 11/28 as well but then it shipped on the 21st so I wouldn't pay too much attention to that.

Thank you redshirt for the code. I just canceled my order at starter.com, and bought one from think geek.

Just received my 2 units from ThinkGeek.

Does anyone else have these issues:

Unit 1, the P1 Sighting/Grill wheel is jammed. Will not move at all and does not raise the grill sight.
In addition, the P2 nozzle is off center. It goes in and out but not centered in the hole. Rubs on top.
The P2 trigger also sticks and jammed.
Based on all the great reviews -I think I got a Lemon !

My second unit is better but I am wondering if the P1 wheel is supposed to lock the sight in the raised position as seen in the photos or not? Mine does not quite go all the way so the clear "sight" edge lines up with the grill shield edge.

any help will be...helpful.

Last edited:
Just received my 2 units from ThinkGeek.

Does anyone else have these issues:

Unit 1, the P1 Sighting/Grill wheel is jammed. Will not move at all and does not raise the grill sight.
In addition, the P2 nozzle is off center. It goes in and out but not centered in the hole. Rubs on top.
The P2 trigger also sticks and jammed.
Based on all the great reviews -I think I got a Lemon !

My second unit is better but I am wondering if the P1 wheel is supposed to lock the sight in the raised position as seen in the photos or not? Mine does not quite go all the way so the clear "sight" edge lines up with the grill shield edge.

any help will be...helpful.

My phaser 2 nozzle is centered. My phaser 1 sight window goes up ok, but it's hard to get it to go down. It does lock in place though. That my be why it's hard to lower it. I noticed the sides of the sight are off..one side lines up perfect with the metal side on one side but doesn't on the other.

20141125_125855.jpg20141125_125924.jpg

Has anyone tried to buff the metal yet?

I too felt the sight "lock/unlock" was stiff. I took 600 grit emery board to the edge of the plexi & carefully rounded it off a bit. Locks in place nicely but the rolling action is a lot smoother.

Last edited:
I took some pics of the Wand next to my MR, in case anyone was interested

Wand vs MR 1.jpgWand vs MR 2.jpgWand vs MR 3.jpgWand vs MR 4.jpgWand vs MR 5.jpgWand vs MR 6.jpg

The Wand is a fantastic replica IMHO. The sounds are loud, it has the multicolor light effects, and vibration. The only things I wish were different are that the chrome wasn't so dull, and the phaser 2's grey. It looks too grey to me. Other then that, I love it.

So the recommendation on the metal parts is that you can (if you are very careful) polish them up with super fine steel wool or maybe a scotchbrite pad. Just take care not to over do it or you may work your way down to the copper.

I've been trying with both the steel wool and Scotchbrite pad on the P2 emitter. Last night I tried both with a little metal polish. Today I tried both without the polish. Doesn't appear to be any change in the dullness yet. I'll keep at it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back