Blair Witch (Post-release)

JoeG

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just saw this announced at SDCC. It was under the working title The Woods, but it is a direct sequel to the Blair Witch Project. Trailer looks pretty good. Movie comes out this September.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: So apparently there's a Blair Witch sequel coming out

Surprisingly, I'm interested. I think it's the fact that it's NOT Book of Shadows.. And that it isn't all filmed as found footage. Frankly, that genre is played out for me. I don't mind bits here and there, but the entire movie made of it just wears on me.

I'm intrigued. I can't say at this point whether or not I'll go see it in the theater, but I'm intrigued. Maybe it's nostalgia on my part, as I loved The Blair Witch Project (yes, I just said that... get over it).

...blare witch brings back so many memories... Took my first girlfriend to this movie. Man where has time gone...

Meh.

I was never that enthused about the first one but I respected it for what it was.

This one looks like a $20m version of it. Same movie with prettier actors & more professional production. It looks like all the same cheap tactics and nothing more.

You are forgiven! ;) :lol

I'm intrigued. I can't say at this point whether or not I'll go see it in the theater, but I'm intrigued. Maybe it's nostalgia on my part, as I loved The Blair Witch Project (yes, I just said that... get over it).

- - - Updated - - -

Kids!

your forgiven too! ;)

...blare witch brings back so many memories... Took my first girlfriend to this movie. Man where has time gone...

I really liked the first one, I enjoyed what it did and it did pull me in, but I really get into movies lol. I'll probably see this...depending on what other trailers look like.

I do hope it is a real sequel though and expanding on it and not just a reboot using the sibling of a character from the first film.

After I saw the first one I wanted to punch myself for sitting through it...

i can see where your coming from. but it was a first of its kind, and kept me on my seat. i respect it, ill see the second one just because i liked the first one. kinda like independence day 2... u know going into it its gonna suck, but you have to go see it to

I'm with you on your first point, but if it looks like crap, I probably won't see it. I waste enough money on stuff I like, I try not to waste it on stuff I'm not sure of or won't like lol.

It looks terrible.

A new Blair Witch is as inevitable as the next Paranormal Activity. High concept low budget film that will always profit.

The first film's gonzo journalism shtick was perfect for the budget. Evidently this one has a slightly bigger budget which is bad news. The indie flavor with the guerrila improvisation is lost and it's already evident in the lousy acting. A slightly bigger budget also means it's still going to be shy of big budget production.

Still I have no doubt it'll make money as calculated. It just won't have my money.

Big reveal? Probably wasn't very difficult to keep this under wraps since no one really wanted another sequel.

:lol If you ask me there was never a first one! :lol

When the first came out it was on every server at the Art Institute as a really high quality bootleg, pretty sure someone there worked at a theater, so everyone watched it in class as they thought it was hip and trendy. Now every horror movie is simply a rip off of a 20 year old original idea. All the film students and SFX guys were into it but I found it really dull even compared to the animation class i was in lol

Remember the hype around the first one? They were on the cover of magazines?

and the first Blair Witch stank.

Blair Witch 2, we tell you what to like. Ohhhh, the tress look like people! or maybe a five blade ceiling fan. Where's Count Floyd to tell us how scary it is?

Didn't Scyfy already do a movie about plants growing into people?

In the first one, the guy who threw the map into the river...srsly!?!?! Reminds me of Scary Movie where Carmen Electra has a choice between a gun, knife or a banana.

Sorry, if you liked the first Blair witch, but I felt like the people watched it and claimed they liked it, always had to grimace while saying it; like trying to avoid pleading hype-victim.

Wow, I had no idea when I started this thread that there would be so many people with such strong feelings about it. Usually when I don't like something I tend to forget about it and not dwell on it. I liked the first movie, but never saw the sequel. This one looks good enough to me to catch in the theater.

I thought the fist one was pretty good for what it was.

It was one of the few movies that I would deem "scary", and that was mostly because it left a lot to your imagination rather than the typical in your face slasher movies or the more modern day overdone CGI fests.

That said, it was not a movie I would ever need to see again or probably even enjoy when watching multiple times since the impact would just not be the same as the first viewing

As others have said, this looks like they are trying to evoke that same thing now, just with a little bit bigger of a budget.

But I'd still see it

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back