Terminator: Genisys

Wohhooooo!!!! Yippey Kayeaaaah MOFO'S!!!!! Woooo!! *rips virtual clothes off, dancing and clapping like a mad man* Screw canon! Screw franchise! We've got a clean slate to begin with and we're effing with you mind and wallet!!!! Don't care what came before… we take spin ride of the corpse of T1 till it's flesh rots off and the shiny shiny endo reveals! HA HA HA HA!!!!!! *jerks hips like no one's looking with the virtual flopping Johnson and balls of steel* Yeah BABY… *hnng*hnnnnnng* Ouff! Ouff! Ouff! Helicopter! Brrrrrr! *spins virtual johnson* haven't enough? Get some tough Terminator luuuuuuv - TEABAGGING!!!! *goes crazy* *faints*

Wohhooooo!!!! Yippey Kayeaaaah MOFO'S!!!!! Woooo!! *rips virtual clothes off, dancing and clapping like a mad man* Screw canon! Screw franchise! We've got a clean slate to begin with and we're effing with you mind and wallet!!!! Don't care what came before… we take spin ride of the corpse of T1 till it's flesh rots off and the shiny shiny endo reveals! HA HA HA HA!!!!!! *jerks hips like no one's looking with the virtual flopping Johnson and balls of steel* Yeah BABY… *hnng*hnnnnnng* Ouff! Ouff! Ouff! Helicopter! Brrrrrr! *spins virtual johnson* haven't enough? Get some tough Terminator luuuuuuv - TEABAGGING!!!! *goes crazy* *faints*

This pretty much sums up this new installment, I had good hopes (not high, not great, but good) for this movie, up until the spoileriffic JC trailer. Does anyone know where Matt Smith went? Was he just taking pics early on and disappeared or what?

This pretty much sums up this new installment, I had good hopes (not high, not great, but good) for this movie, up until the spoileriffic JC trailer. Does anyone know where Matt Smith went? Was he just taking pics early on and disappeared or what?

He shows up at the end SPOILER ALERT: in a tardis and takes the whole gang back in time, where skynet has created dino-terminators.

Man, you Terminator die-hards are intense about this stuff! Some of you make my apoplectic rage at a Robocop remake seem mellow :lol

T1 and 2 will always be king, but I'm happy to play in this universe some more. T3 and 4 have already done their damage, and now I'm just looking forward to some fun robot on robot action.

(That's what she said?)

I think, at this point, it's basically safe to view any future Terminator material as "Totally separate from 1 and 2." It's ALL Alternate Universes now, and that's ok.

Like, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I really enjoyed that show, and it TOTALLY screwed with the timeline, and I was fine with it. Why? Because....eh, screw it. we're never, ever going to get the future war movie we want, so let's see what else the franchise can do.

At this point, much as I love the first two, I don't have any illusions about future films coming even slightly close to them, so why worry? I'll just treat these as popcorn distractions or netflix rentals, and leave it at that. Maybe they'll entertain, maybe not, but I don't really care a ton.

Or in other words, this isn't a beloved franchise. It's a beloved set of two films, and a cool bunch of ideas. So, go ahead and play with the ideas, and I'll keep my "brain canon" separate from whatever the official position is on whether T3, T:S, T:SCC, or any of the other stuff has "actually happened." If it's an interesting, entertaining story that takes things to interesting places...I'm cool with it. Blow the lid off of it. The originals will remain separate and sacred for me.

I suppose it also does help that, because this all deals with time travel, I can always "alternate timeline" every crappy entry.

Yep, the first 2 were one timeline, everything after can be an alternate, which is why it changes so much. "No fate" but the war is suddenly inevitable somehow? Ok, as long as there's good action and cool props & costumes, we need more leather and shades!!! :cool

we're never, ever going to get the future war movie we want, so let's see what else the franchise can do

They did it. It's called Matrix#3.

It proved why Cameron never wanted to spend much screen time there even after he had the resources.

I think, at this point, it's basically safe to view any future Terminator material as "Totally separate from 1 and 2." It's ALL Alternate Universes now, and that's ok.

Like, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I really enjoyed that show, and it TOTALLY screwed with the timeline, and I was fine with it. Why? Because....eh, screw it. we're never, ever going to get the future war movie we want, so let's see what else the franchise can do.

At this point, much as I love the first two, I don't have any illusions about future films coming even slightly close to them, so why worry? I'll just treat these as popcorn distractions or netflix rentals, and leave it at that. Maybe they'll entertain, maybe not, but I don't really care a ton.

Or in other words, this isn't a beloved franchise. It's a beloved set of two films, and a cool bunch of ideas. So, go ahead and play with the ideas, and I'll keep my "brain canon" separate from whatever the official position is on whether T3, T:S, T:SCC, or any of the other stuff has "actually happened." If it's an interesting, entertaining story that takes things to interesting places...I'm cool with it. Blow the lid off of it. The originals will remain separate and sacred for me.

I suppose it also does help that, because this all deals with time travel, I can always "alternate timeline" every crappy entry.

Couldn't have said it better. Exactly my thinking.

Sarah Connor is apparently a Terminatrix. She can make her chest bigger, on demand.
fakecrap.jpg
:facepalm

idiot ball

[id-ee-uh t bawl]

noun
  1. A moment where a character's stupidity fuels an episode, or a small plot line.

Last edited by a moderator:
:sick. Ugh. I can't do it. I just can't stomach the stupidity. Maybe within the next ten yrs or so Cameron will reboot it and it will be good again.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back