Reveal Lightsabers (mini collection)

manooga

It's been a while since my last post here, and it is that I just didn't feel like anything really deserved a post, until now. Somewhat accidentally I have come to have a full small collection of reveal lightsabers (all Luke's, which is funny) that is worth sharing.

20160905_014710221_iOS.jpg

The ANH was my first build ever. I wanted to replicate that design from the old visual dictionary. I used mostly plastic and foam for this one, and a few office and home supplies.

20160905_014955492_iOS.jpg

The ESB, real Graflex and HP board. Again mostly plastic and wires and other hardware. This one pretends to be like the first one, just not the cut-out version.

20160905_015046329_iOS.jpg

The ROTJ 'Hero' is the famous Rylo's, but heavily modified. I changed the crystal for a real gem and improved the crystal chamber. I improved the mechanism to make the deployment/undeployment softer, yet tighter when locked; now it sounds like if it had hydraulics every time you open/close it. The emitter was a few mm taller than the actual prop, so I trimmed it a little bit and also tightened the mechanism.

20160905_015140598_iOS.jpg

And the V2; this one I just accidentally built it yesterday. I purchased one of those crystal chambers that are being sold on the bay, kind of just to explore it and see if by any chance it would fit one of my sabers. It kinda fitted into Anakin Starkiller 's model, though it was very loose (it's diameter was way smaller than the saber). But after a visit to the hardware store and a few hours of testing, trimming, cutting, gluing, breaking, attaching... you get the picture right? I came up with this:

20160905_015224522_iOS.jpg

Now all you have to do to display it is turn the pommel until the mystery chunk is aligned with the allen screw, pull it gently, and the crystal chamber comes out; the screw of the knurled cone works as a stopper so it doesn't come out all the way. Then you turn the pommel to the right until the watch batteries that power up the LED make contact with the LED, and there you go! the crystal lights up!

20160905_015343140_iOS.jpg

I hope you like'em as much as I do! :D

20160905_014912583_iOS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back