SNL Undercover Boss: Starkiller Base

HA! listed as Kylo Ren tactical vest?

Was it always 99 bucks, or just when they saw dollar signs?

They were listed at $69 USD on ebay before they went out of stock near the beginning of the year. That might have converted to $99 CAD at the time. It converts to $90 CAD currently.

They started at $69, then went up to $100 bucks on ebay when the seller saw they were selling like crazy. That was right after the episode of SNL. At first they weren't even listed as SNL or Kylo or Matt, etc. It was just an African Rhodesian Vest.

I would have thought the price might have gone up again since he has been out of stock so long and seems to be the only one selling that item. Glad they are at least keeping the price the same as the last batch.

They started at $69, then went up to $100 bucks on ebay when the seller saw they were selling like crazy. That was right after the episode of SNL. At first they weren't even listed as SNL or Kylo or Matt, etc. It was just an African Rhodesian Vest.

I would have thought the price might have gone up again since he has been out of stock so long and seems to be the only one selling that item. Glad they are at least keeping the price the same as the last batch.

I think the $100 price might have been in Canadian on ebay ca.

Either way, my total was just about $100 USD for the vest+shipping through his personal website. So US buyers know what to budget.

I didn't actually receive it yet, but I bought it. I should have clairified that. Yeah got it from the new stuff he just got. I don't think he'll be putting it in the mail to me until June 8th and I guess I'll probably get mine about a week or more later?

I didn't actually receive it yet, but I bought it. I should have clairified that. Yeah got it from the new stuff he just got. I don't think he'll be putting it in the mail to me until June 8th and I guess I'll probably get mine about a week or more later?

Oh, okay. Yeah, I think the notice said the vests are at the port waiting to be processed.

No idea when they will be shipped out and arrive to us. Probably before end of June. I'm hoping to have a wig chosen and ordered this weekend so it can arrive at a similar time.

With the wig and vest, my Matt build will be pretty much complete.

Has anyone identified the correct glasses? My OCD is not letting me get the "good enough" glasses lol The bridge of Matt's glasses are smooth and one piece. All of the ones I've found have a separate piece across the top.

Has anyone identified the correct glasses? My OCD is not letting me get the "good enough" glasses lol The bridge of Matt's glasses are smooth and one piece. All of the ones I've found have a separate piece across the top.

The bridge isn't smooth. It's welded on like any other frame. You can see it about 0:30-0:32 seconds in the skit itself when he's facing the camera and giving a thumbs-up.

The bridge isn't smooth. It's welded on like any other frame. You can see it about 0:30-0:32 seconds in the skit itself when he's facing the camera and giving a thumbs-up.

I'll look at that again. It would definitely help finding them if they weren't smooth (because I don't think they exist lol)!

Edit: I see it now!! The shots I was looking at looked like it was one piece because the silver parts blended together. Thanks!

Last edited:
Received my vest today. The one thing that sucks is the buckles on it are black. Now I need to remove them and paint them with krylon fusion orange.Ugh. Yeah. Thought maybe I could mask off the areas of the vest around the buckles, but i think im just going to seam rip the straps, remove the clasps and buckles completely and paint them and sew them back on. Sucks so hard. Trying to find a place that just sells the orange buckles now.

Last edited:
I'll look at that again. It would definitely help finding them if they weren't smooth (because I don't think they exist lol)!

Edit: I see it now!! The shots I was looking at looked like it was one piece because the silver parts blended together. Thanks!

No problem. It's very hard to see them. I had to watch the part a few times to make sure.
I will say the screen-used frames look very high quality. The welds are very minimal and very well done.

I haven't even tried to get anything too accurate for glasses. I have some good enough aviators that I use.

However, if any of you guys find a really good match please share.
@Egon Spengler

Really? How many buckles need to be replaced?

Would you be willing to post a pic?
-----------
Edit:
I got my vest in. It's littered with black strap-stays, the buckles are black, and the foam-padding is black.

All of it should be blaze/hunter orange.

I'm gonna contact the seller. This isn't right.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back