Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release)

76b6f218f6ae23f1177b91c71da1bcab1c3dfcbe8ac171d3ca2fcf1abb950379_1.jpg

Me? No ... I definitely wouldn't! I'm not faulting Luke for doing it, but arguing from the perspective of the Resistance, who are convinced that HE alone is the key to defeating the enemy, and are doing everything in their power to find him. I also identify with Luke though, and realize that he disappeared after convincing himself that he had failed somewhere along the line while training Ren, weather that be to seek aid from the first Jedi temple that Han mentioned, or to avoid the feeding of his own temptation to the dark side, or whatever it ends up being. Either way, it could be argued that his disappearance (when he is thought to be most needed) could be labeled selfish, at least from a "certain point of view".
The first order hadn't begun when luke left, right?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I dunno, did they mention that? I may have just missed it.
There's a lot in this film where we have to read between the lines. The avoided as muh exppsition as possible.

Anyway, I've read this somewhere. Luke may not know what happened with the first order

Saw something on facebook today, it was on someone I was following but not friends with so couldn't comment on it, 40 plot holes with TFA.

It was pretty pathetic, several of them were just the same one repeated, where as most of the rest could have been explained by just watching the film, instead of spending the whole time writing down a list of things that was supposed to be wrong with it.

The main example was "how did the monsters get lose on Han's ship", did he go to toilet while Rey was pulling the fuses that kept the doors shut?

Call me a teddy bear,....one,.....more,.....time:

Ewok-SWGTCGAoD.jpg

Who took down the Empire while Luke was dealing with his Daddy issues. That's right. Ewoks. Solo couldn't even get in the bunker until we stepped in.

Yub Nub Bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:D I'm sorry it's late and I need to go to bed.

...One minor nitpick, but wasn't the walker that Rey was using for her house a touch on the small side? To me, it looked like the walker would have been about 10' standing up, a lot shorter than they were in Empire unless this was some sort of midget version of a walker...

That's Rey sitting against the foot.
Star.Wars.The.Fce.Awakens.2015.UNMARKED.HDCAM.mkv_snapshot_00.14.40_2015.12.23_05.39.43_zps3n8wphcg.jpg

Question: Is one of the super powers of the Sith to be able to create out of thin air the resources required to build massive weapons?

Just thinking about the cost of that planet sized, sun sucking planet pulverizing devise... not to mention paying for all the troops they had and ships - and how did it move from sun to sun, or was it just a 2x use kind of thing?

Question: Is one of the super powers of the Sith to be able to create out of thin air the resources required to build massive weapons?

Just thinking about the cost of that planet sized, sun sucking planet pulverizing devise... not to mention paying for all the troops they had and ships - and how did it move from sun to sun, or was it just a 2x use kind of thing?

Maybe it was another imperial project already in development. empire skunk works. no wonder a toilet seat on the deathstar cost 20.000 credits ...

There's a lot in this film where we have to read between the lines. The avoided as muh exppsition as possible.

I tend to forget that I didn't understand there was a political situation for decades after A New Hope came out. When the prequils were released, it was the first thing that I wanted to understand and the opening scroll text explained most of it.

This one left me looking stuff up on line to figure it out. From what I understand now, the Resistance wasn't part of the New Republic, it was rogue and permitted by them, but not funded by them. The Republic had actually made a ridiculously idiotic agreement with the fallen Empire to disarm, but, surprise, surprise, the New Order armed themselves and the Republic was left defenseless.

Not really feeling bad for a group of bureaucrats who didn't see that coming.

From what I can figure out, what we have now after The Force Awakens:

- No galactic central government, so the planets around the galaxy are all going to have to figure out how to organize, send different representatives to some other place
- This would need someone strong politically, like Leia, to help pull them together

- A very small Resistance with a few Force sensitives a great pilot and run by General Organa and the possibility of a powerful Jedi coming back to help them
- This would be where Luke would have to come and pull them together with help from Rey and Finn and Poe

- The Evil New Order led by a Sith Lord who have maybe lost a mind-blowing expensive weapon, but gained a committed Sith Apprentice.
- These guys are going to have to move swiftly to scare and over power the systems that still want nothing to do with them

Is that about it for the political situation?

I tend to forget that I didn't understand there was a political situation for decades after A New Hope came out. When the prequils were released, it was the first thing that I wanted to understand and the opening scroll text explained most of it.

This one left me looking stuff up on line to figure it out. From what I understand now, the Resistance wasn't part of the New Republic, it was rogue and permitted by them, but not funded by them. The Republic had actually made a ridiculously idiotic agreement with the fallen Empire to disarm, but, surprise, surprise, the New Order armed themselves and the Republic was left defenseless.

Not really feeling bad for a group of bureaucrats who didn't see that coming.

From what I can figure out, what we have now after The Force Awakens:

- No galactic central government, so the planets around the galaxy are all going to have to figure out how to organize, send different representatives to some other place
- This would need someone strong politically, like Leia, to help pull them together

- A very small Resistance with a few Force sensitives a great pilot and run by General Organa and the possibility of a powerful Jedi coming back to help them
- This would be where Luke would have to come and pull them together with help from Rey and Finn and Poe

- The Evil New Order led by a Sith Lord who have maybe lost a mind-blowing expensive weapon, but gained a committed Sith Apprentice.
- These guys are going to have to move swiftly to scare and over power the systems that still want nothing to do with them

Is that about it for the political situation?
When was a kid I didn't have any idea of the politics in star wars either. After PT came out and went back to watch it. Suddenly I saw this other layer.

So I'm guessing that the first order are like the nazi party. If I'm not mistaken, germany also had to cripple their military activity after ww1.

Here's my two cents on Rey's lineage. If I was writing Episode VIII (and if this wasn't still at its heart, a Disney movie), this would be the case:

It is revealed that at some point during the OT, before Luke reveals to Leia that they're siblings, Luke and Leia gave in to the sexual tension between them and did the deed, conceiving Rey. Yes, incest. Rey's double Skywalker heritage would explain her level of strength with the Force (ability to exercise it without training) and it would also explain why the heck nobody wants to talk about Rey or where she came from. It's Leia's dark secret, and she naturally wouldn't have told this to Han (who is oblivious, but for some reason feels drawn to her) and also adds credibility to Luke's decision to go into hiding. I know this won't be the case, but just imagine. Imagine if this is where the Star Wars story went. It would be even more shocking and disturbing than "Luke, I am your Father". Also, this type of behavior was common in the past to avoid "diluting" royal blood lines. I mean, is Anakin's Immaculate Conception really any stranger? I would love to see something as daring and controversial as this happen, but in fact it will probably just be that she is Luke's daughter from a wife that he took post-ROTJ. I think it will be revealed that Kylo not only killed Luke's students, but that he also killed Luke's wife. It seems to me that the death of Luke's students wouldn't have been enough to make him selfishly go into hiding (impeding the fight against the First Order), but perhaps the loss of his wife would be his breaking point. We've seen in the OT that Luke's love for those closest to him has been his undoing in the past. Also, this would explain why Rey's mother hasn't entered the picture (she's dead).

Big issue there is that that would make Rey around 35.

As to luke leaving - sorry, can't buy he left because he felt guilty or responsible. If he felt that way at all, you stay around until you fix the problem you think you created - then you can go away. Luke would not turn a dark jedi loose on the galaxy and just bail out.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back