Tutorial: How to build a stormtrooper helmet for less than 10 GBP FINISHED see Pg9

Re: Tutorial: How to build a stormtrooper helmet for less than 10 GBP FINISHED see Pg

What material you use for the lower structure? Please fast, i've made the dome.this helmet will be my task in the school

Re: Tutorial: How to build a stormtrooper helmet for less than 10 GBP FINISHED see Pg

I just used 1mm thick card. Good luck with your task in the school

WOW! this is absolutely incredible! I work with card & odds n sods of household items for my projects, but I've never seen such an amazing transformation, such talent & skill! AWESOME!!

Just found this thread today so I got to see the helmet process all at once from start to finish.

UNBELIEVABLE.

Can't tell you how impressed I was. Truly genius work! Thanks for posting it all.

so i am about to attempt this, i have a comic con in a month and i would like to have one to wear. im going to for go the cereal boxes tho and get some actual construction paper maybe, im not going to limit myself to a budget but obviously im not gonna go crazy, but anything i spend on doing it myself isn't going to be anywhere near as costly as buying one. i am going to make a shadow trooper helmet instead of a storm trooper tho, but are there any suggestions that you might have for me, i have not done too many craft projects like this, so one i am probably going to have a friend helping me and two, any advice will be welcome advice, thanks for all the hard work you have done.

hey there, found this about four weeks ago and got stuck in for my boy. used exactly the same stuff. cost me a fortune in body filler from halfords but well worth the late nights, bog rolls, papier mache and red wine. cheers bud photo 2.JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto.JPG

Hey, that's fantastic!!! You did a great job, Fella! Yeah, Halfords are really expensive. Here in the west country, we have discount stores called Trago Mills and they do really cheap car body filler. I hope your some was pleased?

Its because of this thread I decided to paper mache mine and i have no regrets. Thanks for sharing a great build.

After months of lurking, I finally joined (or re-joined, can't remember) so I could post my costume disasters. My latest project is following your build and trying to overcome my natural cack-handedness and impatience to produce something worthy of your thread! It's taken waaay longer than your build, and I still have the ears to make, plus I'm re-shaping the mandibles for the tenth time, but I could never have built a stormtrooper bucket at all without this thread. Great photos, logical steps and no mysterious technical requirements, just dedication and elbow grease. Wonderful job, thank you!

Yeah, this build was always very inspiring to me. I built one using the same method, but not having the talent of Atlathia, and like Dtrasler, who needs measurements? Mine ended up in a dumpster and not here for all eyes to see.

Thank you guys. I'm really pleased you found some inspiration from my build :)

I'm done! Very happy with the way it turned out, thanks so much for your posts showing the method!
WP_20150702_011.jpg
Here's my complete set of builds for comparison...
WP_20150707_002.jpg

Just found this thread , absolutely brilliant , if there was honorary rpf membership given out you should be up there, you have proven cost should not be a limiting factor , once the imagination is there that's all we need to create what we love
Thanks for the inspiration

Just found this thread , absolutely brilliant , if there was honorary rpf membership given out you should be up there, you have proven cost should not be a limiting factor , once the imagination is there that's all we need to create what we love
Thanks for the inspiration

You're entirely welcome! :)
I'm happy that this thread still gets the odd comment from time to time! I had a lot of fun building it and will eventually try another one.

I know this thread is reeeeeeally old, but I wanted to say how grateful I am to have found your guide. It's super easy to follow and, even without all the same supplies, I'm coming along with my helmet rather well. Thank you so much for this! I made this account, after years of lurking, just to say this.

We need more threads like this! Its like Martha Stewart and eFx combined.

Well, I posted my effort but it didnt seem to get much interest!! http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=269715&p=4125886#post4125886

Of course, Atlanthia I have to personally express my gratitude to you for you amazing work...id long had the idea to build a ST helmet but thought it simply wasnt possible due to the complexity of the form - until i saw your thread...your build is brilliant and inspiring, many thanks!
Are you planning any other builds?
Cheers :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back