Customizing action figures - A Discussion

Actually, I 'be been working on customising some 7.25" Art asylum Star Trek figures to populate my bridge with when it's completed. I will post some pics tomorrow hopefully...

I've dabbled a bit with Figure customizing. I made a superposable Freddy Krueger from the Elm Street Remake. Also customized it so I could swap out Freddy's Head and Glove, so I could have a Fred Krueger Figure as well. I planned to do an original Freddy as well as soon as I can get an Original Freddy Figure.

Fred with Garden tool 2.jpg

THIS is God.jpg

Freddy Attack.jpg

Freddy.jpg

Pose for the camera.jpg

Sweet! That sounds like a pretty awesome custom, Jesso. Can never go wrong with too much posing ability. And can't wait to check out the classic Freddy when you're done. :D

Resurrecting this thread. But instead of a custom, I have a question (hopefully someone will know). I happen to have a Kenner RoboCop ED-260 (its what they basically call the ED-209). The figure doesn't have any of the stickers for it, and I was wondering if anyone happened to have a scanned copy of the stickers so I can use them (I've used scans of the stickers for my Ecto-1 from The Real Ghostbusters, so I know how to figure the size and apply them, and have them not look bad). If anyone happens to know where there's a scan of the stickers, let me know. If not, I'll just have to keep checking eBay.

Speaking of custom related stuff, I've been doing some thinking of custom figures (though I haven't been able to get any done because of my schedule at school, which the last two months I've been out at clinicals). But, hopefully, things will go smooth this month, as I'm graduating from Keiser soon, which means no more school to worry about. Hopefully, we can continue to keep this thread going.

As I've mentioned before, I still have the idea of doing an Amsco inspired The Walking Dead playset (in fact, even did some layouts from some familiar settings from the comics, such as downtown Atlanta, Hershel's Farm, The Prison, Woodbury and even Everett's Pharmacy from The Walking Dead game by Telltale Games), though I haven't really begun to gather resources to start making and prototyping the cardboard playset. A big challenge I forsee is creating the character pieces for such a playset (since I can't draw to save my life), to which I may have to look through the comics again and find some good full body shots of the characters I can use.

That's about it from my end for now. Hope everyone is having a good one.

I have the kenner ED too, the stickers are on it but i'll see what i can do as they seem loose so they may come off (and i could get new ones made) and are put on pretty badly. I have a stack of anime figures here to customize. They're in the pile with my airship model lol

I have the kenner ED too, the stickers are on it but i'll see what i can do as they seem loose so they may come off (and i could get new ones made) and are put on pretty badly. I have a stack of anime figures here to customize. They're in the pile with my airship model lol

For the stickers, thanks. But if you're unable to get them off, then don't worry about t. If you do, I greatly appreciate it. :)

Whenever you get done with your customs, feel free to post them here. :D

I actually googled the decals hoping to find some scanned but all i got was Figurerealm reviews lol. I actually had been thinking of customizing this one i have and getting another. I wanted to make it look more movie accurate. Oddly enough if you watch the cartoon this toy looks nothing like the animation design. It may as well have been a toy for the live action movies.

I actually googled the decals hoping to find some scanned but all i got was Figurerealm reviews lol. I actually had been thinking of customizing this one i have and getting another. I wanted to make it look more movie accurate. Oddly enough if you watch the cartoon this toy looks nothing like the animation design. It may as well have been a toy for the live action movies.

Yeah, I myself tried to google for the images of stickers (found more for Star Wars and Ghostbusters toys) with no luck.

I guess they were trying to appeal to both markets (the cartoon and movies).

I checked the website the Pengbuzz shared. They don't appear to have them. No worry. I'm sure I'll find the stickers in one way or another (who knows, may get lucky next MegaCon and find an ED-260 with the stickers on it).

Crap. Sorry i totally forgot. I'll dig him out tonight and see what i can do. Maybe even if i can't get them off i can get a good enough scan of him to reproduce them.

Crap. Sorry i totally forgot. I'll dig him out tonight and see what i can do. Maybe even if i can't get them off i can get a good enough scan of him to reproduce them.

No worry, Wes. I'm not in any hurry, so take as much time as you need. :)

Sent you a pm. i scanned the ones that were on there. Theyr'e so damned ugly looking you'd be better off sketching your own or building the pieces out of styrene.

Thank you for your help again. Who knows, I may take them and try to recreate them in Photoshop or just stick with them as they are. I'm primarily just getting them for the one in my collection with no intention to sell it (I have stickers on my Ecto-1 that were printed off from scans of the sticker sheet, which I have in my collection as it is. You wouldn't even tell its not the original stickers).

I just bought an Art Asylum Caprica 6 figure on Ebay and I have to say, it is singularly, the worst figure they have ever made! so I have done the decent thing and set about turning it into something else....

I have decided to sculpt a mirror version of T'pol and once this is complete, I will try to mould and cast it in an assemblable way. Failing that, I will have a great one off figure! Here is where I am at:

I am using Millip[ut because it is easy to apply and goes off like rock. I will post again with the finished piece.

I just bought an Art Asylum Caprica 6 figure on Ebay and I have to say, it is singularly, the worst figure they have ever made! so I have done the decent thing and set about turning it into something else....

I have decided to sculpt a mirror version of T'pol and once this is complete, I will try to mould and cast it in an assemblable way. Failing that, I will have a great one off figure! Here is where I am at:

[url]http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj583/atlanthia/Mobile%20Uploads/20131214_214128_zpszp2iwidc.jpg[/URL]
[url]http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj583/atlanthia/Mobile%20Uploads/20131214_214152_zpslslwgy2m.jpg[/URL]
[url]http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj583/atlanthia/Mobile%20Uploads/20131214_214239_zpsbx54htpm.jpg[/URL]
[url]http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj583/atlanthia/Mobile%20Uploads/20131214_214307_zpsogdbicso.jpg[/URL]

I am using Millip[ut because it is easy to apply and goes off like rock. I will post again with the finished piece.

Looks very interesting, Atlanthia. I know the Caprica 6 figure isn't great, but I've seen some people use them for awesome customs. One I've seen is a reproduction of the Laura Roslin figure they were going to release.

Can't wait to check out the figure when you're done with it. I don't know if a whole lot of Enterprise customs.

I completely forgot to ask if those decal scans got to you okay. It's getting hard to find good base figures for customs. Marvel legends are so expensive these days as are anime figures.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back