Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

Figure he was the base commander on Tarkin's old planetary capitol, and when Tarkin transferred his flag to the DS, Motti and his staff, and Bast and the Stormtrooper garrison, came with.

--Jonah

Just scored me some home decoration (for free) at the local media shop!
a57c3f793338a57ac43c875673991160.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

^ This is a neat idea and a fun project, but the music needs to be edited to flow with the visuals. Changes in the score need to coincide with scene changes and actions. This is just pasted on.

That's what I thought too, the scene works better with Giacchino's score. The Williams music is out of place.

Question: If they could generate a shield around an entire planet like Scarif, why didn't they just do the same at Endor? And speaking if Endor, I never really understood, was Endor the name of the moon itself or was Endor the planet the moon orbited around? "The forest moon of Endor" could really go either way.

Question: If they could generate a shield around an entire planet like Scarif, why didn't they just do the same at Endor? And speaking if Endor, I never really understood, was Endor the name of the moon itself or was Endor the planet the moon orbited around? "The forest moon of Endor" could really go either way.
Perhaps it wasn't worth it? Because the death star 2 was a construction site, they only needed a temporary setup?

That, and because....Disney.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

And speaking if Endor, I never really understood, was Endor the name of the moon itself or was Endor the planet the moon orbited around? "The forest moon of Endor" could really go either way.

IIRC, the novelization of ROTJ says the moon somehow escaped orbit of the primary planet, or the primary planet was long lost. Doesn't make much sense I know.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Perhaps it wasn't worth it? Because the death star 2 was a construction site, they only needed a temporary setup?

That, and because....Disney.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Surly you jest, as Disney didn't own the property back in 1983...

I thought Endor also had a shield, thus why it had to be deactivated for Shuttle Tyderium to land.

That was ill defined. Based on the briefing room scene you see the hologram of the DS and a shield being projected around it emanating from the moon but not actually surrounding the moon. I think since they wanted to land close to the shield generator it required deactivating the shield otherwise maybe they would have had to land a greater distance away.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back