Rogue One: Diego Luna/Captain Cassian Andor Costume Research

Here's a custom Rogue Jacket we made for a customer inspired by one of the Rebel's jacket and vest combo:

17076107_1665644340396120_5629041488835903488_n.jpg

Actually one of the commandos has a blue jacket with tan shoulder and grey stripes on the sleeves.
Private Basteren.

I'm leaning towards all the stripes in the film being the same tan color. The custom jacket above was inspired by Private Basteren but not meant to be an exact copy (the customer wanted the more tan shoulder panel instead of the brighter yellow... and we added the tan cartridge loops below to mimic the loops on the flak vest he wears over his jacket).

I apologise if this has already been discussed, but I was curious about this blaster that Cassian uses to blast Krennic.

295453b4c498548471c62fada6c59b85.jpg

10ed061f3f136c76f73818cf6ac1608f.jpg

17790820fe9f1712b412386ce7673136.jpg

I kinda like it!

After looking at some Five-Seven images, I'm pretty convinced that's what was used as the base for this blaster.

Has anybody got good reference on this little holdout blaster? I believe it was also used towards the start of the film when Cassian meets up with the informant.

Has anybody got good reference on this little holdout blaster? I believe it was also used towards the start of the film when Cassian meets up with the informant.

After going through Cassian's intro scene frame-by-frame, I'm quite certain you're right - I'd guess its purpose is a compact backup blaster. He just tucks it into the waistband of his pants after using it in that scene.

Now that Rogue One is available digitally, who wants to make Cassian's outfit from Ring of Kafrene? It's very similar in overall pattern, but the jacket is very different in detailing. It has ribbed elbows, looks like it's probably made of a waxed canvas type material (possibly with some leather accents), and features some tubing, as if it also doubles as a light duty pressure suit or something.

I'm working on the Andor's vest right now and made a funny discovery... as Jedha is in the process of exploding, they all quickly run into the ship and... some time between getting on board and dashing into the cockpit, Cassian finds time to remove his parka and put his vest on... because who wears a parka inside ship, right? More proof he has issues about this: after leaving Eadu, while Jyn is confronting Cassian about his mission to assassinate her father (pretty intense conversation)... Cassian makes it a priority again to remove his parka and put his vest on... because flying and parkas don't mix.

Quick question about the Rogue Jacket, Magnoli. Would either the standard or White Label be Rebel Legion approved as is?

@WilhelmScreamer

What type of fabric did you use for your vest? It looks almost like a ripstop nylon. Looks great, super clean workmanship!

Last edited by a moderator:
I own a GBB version of an FN Five-Seven, and from these screen shots the profile of the grip and the trigger guard look the same. Its not the earlier Five-Seven that had that odd circular trigger guard. It looks like they added an extension to the the front end but otherwise the pistol's profile is the same.

Welp, bought a used pair of Lange ski boots. If I remember reading another member's experience, I'm basically going to have to destroy the boot in order to drill out the rivets. Looks like I'd better charge my dremel for a weekend project.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back