Worbla Spidey face shell?

AJLoCascio

Sr Member
Has anyone tried making a face shell out of Worbla? Seems like a no-brainer, but I'm wondering why I'm not turning up any results when I search for this. Gonna be a quick turn-around for Halloween, but wanted to check in first.

I haven't used worbla personally but isn't it quite expensive? Maybe that's why people use other options.

I happen to have some of it laying around & I'm not super keen on the stuff & never really use it - but this seems like a reasonable application of it. I'm just wondering if anyone has tried it yet?

I have made a batman one that has held its shape for over a year just fine and still fits perfect. Overall, make sure you have a buffer between your face and the heated worbla otherwise it will hurt. I found it nice other than the eye sockets which I pressed back out a bit (because my eye lashes kept hitting the worbla and it was super annoying)

Also don't leave it sitting in a hot car. It will warp, or could warp.

I have made a batman one that has held its shape for over a year just fine and still fits perfect. Overall, make sure you have a buffer between your face and the heated worbla otherwise it will hurt. I found it nice other than the eye sockets which I pressed back out a bit (because my eye lashes kept hitting the worbla and it was super annoying)

Also don't leave it sitting in a hot car. It will warp, or could warp.

Awesome! Thanks for the advice! I wonder if the material will effect the spandex? Or be warped by the tension of the material. I guess I'll have to just try it out and see.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back