Dragoncon 2016

I only have one costume and have to consider baggage weight limits as well. I have a new costume planned for much later this year, but that's still in the very early planing phase. This means I'll be using the Black Widow costume or be out of costume.

I will probably work on updated boots and some other small bits for the Black Widow costume. The original LED designs in the costume were for a night club setting, so the LEDs are a bit dim in daylight. A transistor-driven version of the bracers with better power supplies would be nice. The two versions that I have already done both use the Arduino outputs to directly drive the LEDs and uses CR2032 batteries, so I had to be very careful to keep the current draw low enough.

I look forward to the meeting. I'm totally new to Dragon Con, so meeting others & chatting a bit should give me a better idea of what to do during the rest of the weekend. When I went to Wizard World in February, I spent most of my time in panels, not really interacting with people all that much (I tend to be introverted, so initiating contact with strangers is a difficult barrier).

I only have one costume and have to consider baggage weight limits as well. I have a new costume planned for much later this year, but that's still in the very early planing phase. This means I'll be using the Black Widow costume or be out of costume.

I will probably work on updated boots and some other small bits for the Black Widow costume. The original LED designs in the costume were for a night club setting, so the LEDs are a bit dim in daylight. A transistor-driven version of the bracers with better power supplies would be nice. The two versions that I have already done both use the Arduino outputs to directly drive the LEDs and uses CR2032 batteries, so I had to be very careful to keep the current draw low enough.

I look forward to the meeting. I'm totally new to Dragon Con, so meeting others & chatting a bit should give me a better idea of what to do during the rest of the weekend. When I went to Wizard World in February, I spent most of my time in panels, not really interacting with people all that much (I tend to be introverted, so initiating contact with strangers is a difficult barrier).

Don't feel bad about only having one costume...Last year I had 3 costumes and wore one like all the time and wore one other one for an hour. I'm really excited to see your costume, especially with all the LED's and such I bet it looks awesome..I've been working on my arduino for one of my costumes that has a red flashing led, and later I'm going to use for my Iron Man Helmet.

As for Dragoncon and being new? Honestly that's the best, I wish I could do it all over for the first time...This will be my 4th year in a row attending Dragoncon. Once you go once your pretty much hooked. It's a con that no other con's can equal or match. It's like being a kid and going to Disney World for the first time. As for things to do there's plenty of things to do. You have your typical panels, video games, meet and greats, ton's of photo shoots, parade, the list goes on and on. As for me I spend 95% of my time in the Marriott, and about 4% in the Hyatt. It all depends on what your into, I'm into costumes so I usually hang out with all the cosplays and such. Also you might want to check out the Big Marvel photo shoot since your doing Black Widow.

Since you said your new to Dragoncon, I'm giving you this little gift. The video is a little long, and was filmed for 2013, but pretty much most of the info is still accurate except for when they talk about guests or panels. This will help you more then you know, they explain everything you need to know and give you all the tips and tricks, if it wasn't for this video I would have been totally lost. Don't get me wrong, I still got lost, but that's have the fun... I hope this helps you like it helped me...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm done to the elbows with my gauntlets. Shoulder armor is paterened, cut and formed..mostly. The shoulder stuff has some semi complex detail i have to layer on.

I have scaled the costume, and need to pattern it and buy material

Im Attending the Meetup, Cant wait for all the Dcon Fun!

-Dcon Name Corolis

I have added your name to the badge listing, Please note: at this current time you do not have an Avatar. Please be sure to add an Avatar to your profile if you would like to have a custom badge, other wise you will get a basic badge with just your name on it. Also please check back closer to the event as we will be needing a confirmation from you as well as other information. We can't wait to see you...

I'm watching Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom while sculpting two more Sankura Stones for my prop replica collection. NERD ALERT!! LOL

This prop isn't even for a cosplay for DragonCon, just need to cross something off my never ending "make this prop" list.

How is everyone, what are you all working on?

I'll have more costumes updates soon.

I'm watching Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom while sculpting two more Sankura Stones for my prop replica collection. NERD ALERT!! LOL

This prop isn't even for a cosplay for DragonCon, just need to cross something off my never ending "make this prop" list.

How is everyone, what are you all working on?

I'll have more costumes updates soon.

It's funny you say that bro...As you know my Dad is attending Dragoncon for the first time this year. Also he is cosplaying for the first time also. So he's been thinking, Since he's doing Harrison Ford as Han Solo, he might as well do Indiana Jones too...He's currently looking into the details of the costume on what he needs to get and buy...

i'll try and come by the meet up!

Please let us know if you will be attending the meet, if you would like to be added to the badge listing. If your not sure if your going to make it for certain please don't say your attending...We take our own personal time making these for everyone, and do not have the time to make badges for people that are not going to make it to the event. Thank you

Please let us know if you will be attending the meet, if you would like to be added to the badge listing. If your not sure if your going to make it for certain please don't say your attending...We take our own personal time making these for everyone, and do not have the time to make badges for people that are not going to make it to the event. Thank you
Holy crap... sorry if I am out of line but is that really Frank from Face off, Tested, created costumes for Adam from Myth Busters, worked on Star Wars and seems like an all around awesome dude?!?! Sorry, I'll act my age again.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

like i said, i'll try and make it, im not sure when my flights get in yet. dont worry about making me a badge thing.

No worries, I just wanted to make sure you understud. In the past we've had a lot of people say there not sure if there going to make it then show up and say "so, wheres my badge at" and were like you never said you were attending. At the same time we have people that say there attending for sure but never make it. I just wanted to make things clear, sorry if it came off the wrong way. Also we totally understand about flights, last year we had a lot of people show up late due to delayed and canceled flights. So that's understandable, same goes for people driving in with delays. None the less we hope your able to make it safely to Dragoncon and if you get there on time to attend the meet.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy crap... sorry if I am out of line but is that really Frank from Face off, Tested, created costumes for Adam from Myth Busters, worked on Star Wars and seems like an all around awesome dude?!?! Sorry, I'll act my age again.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

I could not tell you for sure, if it is or is not. But we've had plenty of famous people at our meet ups. I don't know but to me everyone a person, I don't treat anyone different.Celeb or not. Everyone is still a person in my eyes.

Im not sure im "Famous", but yes...I was on Face Off and am on Tested.com all the time, and I worked on Star Wars. And I never act my age.

No worries, I just wanted to make sure you understud. In the past we've had a lot of people say there not sure if there going to make it then show up and say "so, wheres my badge at" and were like you never said you were attending. At the same time we have people that say there attending for sure but never make it. I just wanted to make things clear, sorry if it came off the wrong way. Also we totally understand about flights, last year we had a lot of people show up late due to delayed and canceled flights. So that's understandable, same goes for people driving in with delays. None the less we hope your able to make it safely to Dragoncon and if you get there on time to attend the meet.

- - - Updated - - -

I could not tell you for sure, if it is or is not. But we've had plenty of famous people at our meet ups. I don't know but to me everyone a person, I don't treat anyone different.Celeb or not. Everyone is still a person in my eyes.

Getting close. Getting excited. Found a pair of boots on eBay for $30 to complete my Abe costume. Now to get the pants and vest to fit right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone changed plans after watching something or making something for an earlier convention?

Original plan was ESB Han Solo, Wedge Antilles, and rewearing my Season 2 Arrow costume.

Now, ESB Han and Arrow have stayed. Working on Season 1 Black Suit Daredevil, casual Terry McGuiness from Batman Beyond (for Will Freidle photo), Lance from the Netflix Voltron, and hopefully Dirk Anger from Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E.

edit--
Currently working to finish Mumen Rider from One-Punch Man in time for Anime Expo and debating about bringing that one, too.

Frank: NEVER act your age, Act your Shoe Size! :p

Is this still on for Thursday night?? dang-it. I'll more than likely be driving up from Orlando during that time.... Otherwise, I'd be there. Have a great time guys!

Yes we still hold it every year on Thursdays. Usually once the con has begun a lot of people are off doing there own thing such as pannels, photoshoots, celb meets, buying stuff, you get the idea...

Has anyone changed plans after watching something or making something for an earlier convention?

Original plan was ESB Han Solo, Wedge Antilles, and rewearing my Season 2 Arrow costume.

Now, ESB Han and Arrow have stayed. Working on Season 1 Black Suit Daredevil, casual Terry McGuiness from Batman Beyond (for Will Freidle photo), Lance from the Netflix Voltron, and hopefully Dirk Anger from Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E.

edit--
Currently working to finish Mumen Rider from One-Punch Man in time for Anime Expo and debating about bringing that one, too.

I have been at a dead stop working day shift...haven't started working on anything, been tired all the time...hopefully once I switch back to nights I can go hard core, and get a few new ones pumped out...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back