BTTF Pt. II USA Today

I bought two at my local gas station this morning, and the clerk must have removed the front page, because the two i bought didnt have the BTTF cover! I figured the cover was a couple pages in and didnt think anything of it at 6:30 am. I checked both papers after work, and nothing! I am going back up there tomorrow to give him a piece of my mind!

Just reading that makes ME mad!:angry

I bought two at my local gas station this morning, and the clerk must have removed the front page, because the two i bought didnt have the BTTF cover! I figured the cover was a couple pages in and didnt think anything of it at 6:30 am. I checked both papers after work, and nothing! I am going back up there tomorrow to give him a piece of my mind!

Oh man this makes me mad too.

Quick lets grab our pitchforks and get that guy!!! :lol

If you can't find one let me know. I have an extra copy.

It seems like theyre sold out everywhere. I just bought it online. Saves me the hastle. Im sick of scalpers. I dont even want to bother for a pepsi perfect. Im tired of greedy people.

Oh man this makes me mad too.

Quick lets grab our pitchforks and get that guy!!! :lol

If you can't find one let me know. I have an extra copy.

Yeah, he gave me a really nervous look too, i just wasn't thinking someone would do that! To make it worse, i got up real early yesterday and bought two papers, and it was the wrong day:lol hopefully my wife is right and the 21st will be the rare papers that no one bought!
I was able to buy a few off of usatoday.com, i appreciate the offer though!

Yeah, he gave me a really nervous look too, i just wasn't thinking someone would do that! To make it worse, i got up real early yesterday and bought two papers, and it was the wrong day:lol hopefully my wife is right and the 21st will be the rare papers that no one bought!
I was able to buy a few off of usatoday.com, i appreciate the offer though!

He probably took the cover wraps for himself and friends. Who knows. Still sounds shady.

No worries. Glad you could snag some of their website.!

Joshua

I ended up getting one for myself and a buddy. I found a 3rd but the front page is slightly wrinkled. I'll offer it up to someone over seas for shipping costs only. Pm me if anyone is interested. It's the paper on the right. uploadfromtaptalk1445556007816.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

And this happened to a friend of mine tonight.

12182069_10153675983577402_1175690767_n.jpg

I'm saying right now - THESE ARE NOT MINE. So please don't PM or E-mail about them. I don't have any to give away or sell.

I can tell you how he's getting them though - Marriot chain hotels. They get them in each day for guests and just thow out what's left at the end of the day. These were all destined for the trash bins of a few local hotels. And as I type he's still traveling around OKC hitting up different locations. You may get just as lucky in your own city.

Make some calls and knock on some doors if you can.

-Gary

All the places near me were cleaned out too; glad I ordered online. Might even order an extra copy.

I wonder if some of the folks at local newsstands decided to keep some copies for themselves instead of putting them out for sale...

Thats outrageous I dont blame you man .

- - - Updated - - -

And this happened to a friend of mine tonight.

View attachment 544701

I'm saying right now - THESE ARE NOT MINE. So please don't PM or E-mail about them. I don't have any to give away or sell.

I can tell you how he's getting them though - Marriot chain hotels. They get them in each day for guests and just thow out what's left at the end of the day. These were all destined for the trash bins of a few local hotels. And as I type he's still traveling around OKC hitting up different locations. You may get just as lucky in your own city.

Make some calls and knock on some doors if you can.

-Gary

Yeah guess safe to say he is a reseller planning for the long hall ;/

My husband goes to work stupid early and I asked him to check for me on his way into work. 6:05am and he got the last one they had! Wow.

Yes, I was out at 4:00 am getting copies with no problem, but around 5:30 most stores were sold out. I will be offering my extra copies for $2.17 (my cost) plus shipping in the Junkyard on Saturday, October 24th at noon (U.S. Pacific Time), if anyone still needs one :) I will ship the papers flat, and securely in a box.

Last edited:
The "Gang Jailed" version hasn't been flooding eBay either. There's one for bid starting at $145 and another one for Buy It Now for $999.50. If I had one, I wouldn't sell it either.

The "Gang Jailed" version hasn't been flooding eBay either. There's one for bid starting at $145 and another one for Buy It Now for $999.50. If I had one, I wouldn't sell it either.

A bit surprising with all the BTTF related profiteering going on as of late.

Not quite correct. It's already been established that attendees of the weregoingback.com event in LA and folks that attended a special screening in an AMC theater in NY received them as well.

Unfortunately not.

The "Gang Jailed" version was only available at NYC Comic Con.

Youth Jailed is the one that USA Today shipped to all news stands.

I can confirm that all Gang Jailed versions do say "Section F" at the top. Also, these alternates are only the one section, not an entire newspaper.

i think everyone racing to ebay to sell right now are cutting their own throats!
yesterday on the 21st there were only 50 listing for pre-sales....as of now there are 804!
the saturation in the market place is making it a "buyer's market"....any one who wants one now will go with the lowest bid offer and if they don't get it they'll just move on to the next lowest until they do!

why not wait a couple years when supply dies out and you get those guys kicking themselves for "not picking one up when they came out a couple years ago".
that's were the real money will be.

just my opinion of course. :cool

Not quite correct. It's already been established that attendees of the weregoingback.com event in LA and folks that attended a special screening in an AMC theater in NY received them as well.

I stand corrected. I forgot about those events.

My only point was that "Youth Jailed" is the only cover wrap that was released yesterday morning nationwide in news stands. And that "Gang Jailed" was only available at special events such as NYC Comic Con, and others.

At this point the only way to get a "Gang Jailed" version of the USA Today cover wrap of the paper is to find one on eBay or maybe eventually here on the RPF in the junkyard. But I seriously doubt any RPF BTTF fan would sell theirs in the junkyard.

Sorry, I forgot to mentioned the LA event. Good looking out.
Spyhunter2k thanks for reminding me and clarifying. :thumbsup

Joshua

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back