Rebel X-Wing Pilot Football Costume - Group Costume For DragonCon2015

It's awhile since I posted to this thread. Been super busy with work and the holidays.

I hope you ALL had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years!!!

I have to give a shout out to all those holidays because it's been that long since I posted.

I'm putting this group cosplay back at the top of my project list. And will have more updates shortly.

The force will be with you. Always.

- - - Updated - - -

Think I found some X-Wing Shoes...

View attachment 391632

Well hot damn.

Where do you feet go? :p

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent info, helpfulnerd. It was quite helpful. ;)

I'll get back to you on whether I'm going to jump in on this one. I'm at work all weekend and won't have time to be online much/make detailed posts, but your clarification sounds great and Hm...if I can't have Wedge or Luke, Biggs would probably be my choice, but I'll have to think about that...I don't wanna die! ;)

Still interested? You should totally be Biggs. Not that I want you to die. But it's another main character. If you are still interested, I'll add you to the list for that character.

Waiting to find out if we might have some Cheerleaders for the group and if my other friend is going to be Coach Leia Organa...that will be fun.

It's awhile since I posted to this thread. Been super busy with work and the holidays.

I hope you ALL had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years!!!

I have to give a shout out to all those holidays because it's been that long since I posted.

I'm putting this group cosplay back at the top of my project list. And will have more updates shortly.

The force will be with you. Always.

- - - Updated - - -

Well hot damn.

Where do you feet go? :p

- - - Updated - - -

Still interested? You should totally be Biggs. Not that I want you to die. But it's another main character. If you are still interested, I'll add you to the list for that character.

Waiting to find out if we might have some Cheerleaders for the group and if my other friend is going to be Coach Leia Organa...that will be fun.

I'm probably out. Working on something for Rebel Legion this year and that's likely to take all my resources for cosplay for a while, but will let you know if things change. I am, however, going ahead with my letter jacket idea on my own. Should be pretty cool, I think. My husband did a genderbent Leia for Halloween with me and one of my friends as Yavin Han and Luke. Too much fun!

I'm probably out. Working on something for Rebel Legion this year and that's likely to take all my resources for cosplay for a while, but will let you know if things change. I am, however, going ahead with my letter jacket idea on my own. Should be pretty cool, I think. My husband did a genderbent Leia for Halloween with me and one of my friends as Yavin Han and Luke. Too much fun!

No worries. If you are doing something for Rebel Legion and a letter jacket you should meet up with us and we'll walk the floor. That would fun.

No worries. If you are doing something for Rebel Legion and a letter jacket you should meet up with us and we'll walk the floor. That would fun.

They are two separate things. I finished my Yavin Ceremonial Luke and have moved on the Sail Barge/Death Star Duel Luke. My Yavin is good, but needs a few tweaks to be Legion certifiable. I'm hoping to go for Legion with the other. As for the letter jacket, yes, it would work for walking around on the floor with a group of football players. We'll see how things shake out.

Glad to see some movement on this post again...can't wait to finally start working on my projects and costumes again once I'm done with all my business trips that I've been doing for the last few months...

I sent a request to join the Facebook Group for the DragonCon 2015 parade.

I wanted to find out if you guys would be interested in doing this group cosplay on Saturday? That way, pending approval and parade registration we could be in the parade this year. What do you guys think?

Looks like 3 of us are all in for this costume, but have room for more people that want to be a part of this group cosplay. I also need a cosplayer to dress as Leia from A New Hope as the coach of our football X-Wing group.

AND I am building an X-Wing vehicle that someone can drive around during the parade and drive around at the Marriott.

I think if this cosplay group was in the parade it would be a great way to start the day!

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks everyone!
Joshua

They are two separate things. I finished my Yavin Ceremonial Luke and have moved on the Sail Barge/Death Star Duel Luke. My Yavin is good, but needs a few tweaks to be Legion certifiable. I'm hoping to go for Legion with the other. As for the letter jacket, yes, it would work for walking around on the floor with a group of football players. We'll see how things shake out.

Sorry for the late reply.

You deff need to hang out with us with your letter jacket. That would be LOTS of fun. And you're right, it sure does fit in with hanging out with a bunch of X-Wing Football players :D

Sorry for the late reply.

You deff need to hang out with us with your letter jacket. That would be LOTS of fun. And you're right, it sure does fit in with hanging out with a bunch of X-Wing Football players :D

Indeed. Though I'll look like Luke's girlfriend, since it's going to be a Skywalker jacket. Hm. I'm okay with that. ;)

and how about instead of the black and yellow V markings on the helmet, you do black an yellow footballs to represent outstanding plays and you giveeach person one for every event the team member shows up at in the costume.

Ya know, I read your comment back when you posted it. But sorta missed this point. :facepalm

And WOW, what a great idea. The football decals that represent the different appearances at events is a GREAT idea.

Sorry I missed this before. I'm gonna design some decals. Great idea :)

Oh, trust me, I'd be game for a long-term Skywalker commitment. ;) I've never known a life without him, so... yeah. ;)

AWESOME!

I'm ok having a bromance with Luke. :lol

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, so I finally ordered one of the new items for the upgraded costume.

I ordered the New Balance shoes. BUT I ordered them in black.

I decided that black would be better because the X-Wing costume has black boots. So ya know, a bit more accurate, at least in the sense that I am paying tribute to the original costume with my mashup idea.

I'll update the first post of this thread.

I will also do an unboxing video too so folks that are making this costume can see what's up.

Happy Friday everybody! WAIT! It's Saturday, at least in my time zone. :facepalm

Last edited:
I snagged these football pads at a local thrift store today.

Anyone who is still interested in being in this group cosplay let me know if you want them.

They fit a smaller person who's chest size is 34 - 36. I believe that's in inches.

I'll find out the official way to measure the chest for football pads. :lol

football pads.jpg

Sorry for the radio silence. Been busy with my day job.

Here are some updates

I removed the N patches off the side of the Newbalance shoes and I've designed the X-Wing patch. I also started working on making a football look like R2, I think that will be a fun prop to carry with this cosplay.

I'll post pictures later this evening.

Joshua

I primed and painted the first coat of white on the football prop that I'll carry with my football cosplay. I'm going to make the football look like R2D2.

A buddy of mine and I have been working in illustrator to create R2D2 stencils to paint the different parts on the football. I'll post the stencils when finished.

R2D2 football 1.jpg

Sadly this group cosplay is being put on the back burner. After DragonCon this year I'll be updating the first page with pics of my upgraded version of this costume.

I still want to to do a group cosplay eventually. So if you are still interested and want to be on the list for D'Con 2016 just let me know.

Thanks

@Realchildofhell

Hey bro, here's the thread for the X-Wing Pilot Football Player Mashup group.

Let me know what character you want to be and I'll add your name to the first post.

Also read the first post to get an idea about what I'm trying to do. Let me know if you have questions or concerns about costume parts.

If you want to come chill at the apartment one of these days I can help you find some items for the costume.

I already have a set of pads for you that will fit great. I snagged them at a thrift store just because. And now you can have them.

I'm also trimming some fat from the total cost of the costume so that it's more approachable for others to join this group.

having 4 of us at DragonCon 2016 will be awesome!

I think you should snag Luke Skywalker, but you can choose any of the 3 characters that are available.
@jackwabbit would love to have you with us for DragonCon 2016 with your letter jacket. That would be awesome! And I wish I could have caught up more with you this year. We all sorta scattered after the meet. So much to do. I wish I could be in more than one place at a time like Superman or Spock. :lol

@Realchildofhell

Hey bro, here's the thread for the X-Wing Pilot Football Player Mashup group.

Let me know what character you want to be and I'll add your name to the first post.

Also read the first post to get an idea about what I'm trying to do. Let me know if you have questions or concerns about costume parts.

If you want to come chill at the apartment one of these days I can help you find some items for the costume.

I already have a set of pads for you that will fit great. I snagged them at a thrift store just because. And now you can have them.

I'm also trimming some fat from the total cost of the costume so that it's more approachable for others to join this group.

having 4 of us at DragonCon 2016 will be awesome!

I think you should snag Luke Skywalker, but you can choose any of the 3 characters that are available.
@jackwabbit would love to have you with us for DragonCon 2016 with your letter jacket. That would be awesome! And I wish I could have caught up more with you this year. We all sorta scattered after the meet. So much to do. I wish I could be in more than one place at a time like Superman or Spock. :lol

Why can't I be Luke? You know how I feel about Luke... ;)

Why do I have to be the groupie?

I'm just playing, but now that time has been reset, I could consider doing this again. Luke or Wedge would be my choice, with Luke being first of course, but I'm not sure I want to commit to it for sure, so if someone else wants the young not-yet-Jedi, it's cool.

My jacket is still in the works. I never ordered my patches for it. Thanks for the reminder. I'll get on that now!

Also, just for you: me and four friends, back in the day. :) http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/jackwabbit/15358278/638286/638286_original.jpg

Why can't I be Luke? You know how I feel about Luke... ;)

Why do I have to be the groupie?

I'm just playing, but now that time has been reset, I could consider doing this again. Luke or Wedge would be my choice, with Luke being first of course, but I'm not sure I want to commit to it for sure, so if someone else wants the young not-yet-Jedi, it's cool.

My jacket is still in the works. I never ordered my patches for it. Thanks for the reminder. I'll get on that now!

Also, just for you: me and four friends, back in the day. :) http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/jackwabbit/15358278/638286/638286_original.jpg

I'm a complete A@$, :lol

I totally forgot that you where interested in being one of the players. And I will totally put you down as Luke if you want to be part of the group. I'm just getting this thread resurrected so I had forgot that you posted about being on the team. Done and done, I'll update the first post with you as Luke, and I'll message my buddy and tell him he can have Wedge or Biggs.

This is a very big IF, like a HUGE IF...but I'm looking into doing an R2 build this year and maybe have my Dad or another friend can operate it at DragonCon. I've always wanted an R2, and how cool would that be to have one with us while we are in costume as a group? The v1 R2 would be remote control and able to play some sound effects. It may not have all the bells and whistles but It will be a good starting point.

That's an awesome pic of you and your friends back in the day. Very cool!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back