Iron Man 2 Armor - mk3 VERSUS mk4

nick daring

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Good suit pics are starting to spread from SDCC09 and thought it'd be nice to do a comparison to the first movie suit.

New suit on left and old suit on Right-

IRONMAN-COMP.jpg

Pretty cool stuff overall. Some of the changes are strange but honestly I'm suprised they didn't change it more to differentiate the new movie suit from the last.

Nick

I was hesitant when I saw it on the Entertainment Weekly cover, but I actually do like the new suit a lot more than the old. The level of detail really makes it pop. :)

If they make Iron Man 3 (which I'm sure they will) they will probably have the red and white (silver?).

I don't think there were many variations in color when it came to Tony's "normal" suit.

It would be cool to see the all black stealth suit.

-Matt

They needed to make it look just different enough from the original that you'd need to buy the new figure....and just similar enough that when he goes for the super-duper, all silvery- blue, "ice" version at the end of the movie you'd have to buy that, too. :)

Of course, odds are pretty good Favreau would never go all Joel Schumaker on us like that.

I think the changes are all geared towards making it more comfortable for RDJ. No more metal collar bone looking piece, they widened the hips and abdomen a little, changed the crotch section. Looks more solid, I like it.

Pretty cool stuff overall. Some of the changes are strange but honestly I'm suprised they didn't change it more to differentiate the new movie suit from the last.

Looks like pretty much everything is changed to me just at a quick glance.

i don't know something about the new one seems kind of like a chinese knock off trying to pass for the original. not sure what it is:confused

It's not "Ironman"! It's "Iron Man"! He's an IRON MAN!
It's not his name, he's not Jewish... it's not like he's "Phil Ironman"!

i like the new suit
except for the calf area
it looks like an after thought like it was just bolted on in a hurry
otherwise i love it
i might change my mind when i see the suit from other angles or actually moving
cant wait for this film:)

I like everything about the mk4 except the abdominal section. Too many dark spots and the little gold accents on it draw your eye to it, and it doesn't flow as well as that section did on the old suit.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back