GHOSTBUSTERS Pre-Release - film discussion only, no social commentary please!

From what I understand, you pretty much nailed it. She's not the worst/meanest/dumbest person in the industry-- not by a long shot on all accounts. She just had the unfortunate experience of having her emails on display for the world to see. Honestly, there was very little that shocked me in the Sony emails. They were VERY interesting, but about what I expected them to be.

Bingo. Hollywood is a shady mistress. I would say she was the car that got pulled over doing 66 in a 65 on the 405.

She was pulling in like 3 mill a year at the end (IIRC her personal asst was pulling in 250k/year) and yes she was on top of the Craig 007 movies and other Sony hits. dont feel bad for her, she has some fine Egyptian cotton pillows to sleep on.

She was pulling in like 3 mill a year at the end (IIRC her personal asst was pulling in 250k/year) and yes she was on top of the Craig 007 movies and other Sony hits. dont feel bad for her, she has some fine Egyptian cotton pillows to sleep on.

I may have missed part of the conversation but no one feels bad for that ass. i hope she gets busted down even further to times square station toilet scrubber.

;)

So you are saying all the "fans" that are complaining in this thread, who have stated they dislike it aren't going to see it BECAUSE of these articles?

The statement had nothing to do with fans going to see reboots in general. We were discussing the affect of these articles on fans planning to see Ghostbusters so I think my statement stands if we are talking about this movie.

Uh what???? :confused :wacko

Attack Helicopter

:lol :lol :thumbsup
Her comment always makes me lough out loud :D

for anyone who wants to dare 'spoil' themselves.. the book is out in adult form..

https://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters...0_SR88,160_&psc=1&refRID=6WWZPH25A3A2PC6E89SS

interesting part of the review. apparently there is at least ONE F Bomb in the movie. can't call it a proper feig movie without that, i guess.
will be alot of surprised parents if that makes its way into a PG-13 movie. kids, look out....watch out...#radio callback

I also thought you mightfind this non related article amusing..
https://medium.com/@thatdavidhopkin...-western-civilization-336e8ccf7dd0#.wwbavsvjp
>>>I see Kim Kardashian’s ass at the top of CNN.com, and I am scared.>>>

>>>One of my greatest challenges as a teacher was convincing students they were smart after someone had told them they were dumb>>>

sounds alot like 'you can't judge a movie based on trailers alone, you have to see it first!' ;o

Last edited:
The restrictions set by the Us ratings board mean the F-word can only be used once in a PG-13 movie.

Those sneaky people following the rules.

alot of surprised parents if that makes its way into a PG-13 movie. kids, look out....watch out

I'd be mighty surprised to meet a kid that has not heard the F word in their lifetime.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, what's the film opening against on the 15th?

Giving it just a quick peek it looks like it's up against nothing for at least a week. Star Trek and Absolutely Fabulous both come out a week later, but it should have one week mid summer all to itself.

Whatever else can be said about the people making this movie, they did manage to get a juicy sweet release date all to themselves, which is no small accomplishment.

Actually they can sneak the f-bomb into a pg13 movie twice if they really kiss up to the ratings people, they did it with one of the Scary Movie sequels but ended up trading it for the broke back mountain jokes. Considering i heard the f-word on the bus in kindergarten since we were stuck with the highschool kids I doubt the kids will be shocked. Heck even the 1986 Transformers movie had some rather strong language for the time in it.

There has been "ratings creep" in terms of language. Worse stuff gets through than it used to.

I might argue that there has been some creep the other direction in regards to blood/gore. Movies like Jaws or Temple of Doom provoked an outcry for only being PG and helped create the PG-13 category. But today the gore in those movies would have knocked them all the way over PG-13 and into R territory.

Giving it just a quick peek it looks like it's up against nothing for at least a week. Star Trek and Absolutely Fabulous both come out a week later, but it should have one week mid summer all to itself.

you've also got secret life of petsand ice age coming along. Ice age may not make much of an impact considering it's #5.

But, if Dory is any indication, even in week 2 it might be enough to make Feigbusters open at #2 at best. Maybe even 3 if there is something the adult audience finds more interesting Mike and Dave Needs Wedding dates looks to be more of the same type of low brow humor that Feigbusters is..

This articles entire breath of air seems to be to get to this one sentence. it may avoid the sexism talk, but it does seem to be pro movie.
http://www.moderntimesmagazine.com/page19/160627-Arts-Movie-Remakes/160627-Arts-Movie-Remakes.php

>>>>
If the new Ghostbusters film does manage to steal any thunder away from the original, it won’t be because its atrociousness will somehow sully the classic’s good name. If such a feat is even possible, it will be because it connects with audiences on a different level or it manages to be just plain better.
>>>

and it's already sullied the classics good name. I no longer think of the ghostbusters franchise with joy, but more with anger and distaste. especially knowing the two brainchilds behind it.

Possibly. Secret life is kind of a wild card. It looks funny, the reviews are great, great cast...but it's a pg animated, not by disney. Could end up being anything from the next Shrek that destroys all competition, to the next Hoodwinked, where people say "i never heard of that. Was it good?'

ill see it, because animation is my thing, but for most people it will have to get over the top crushing it awesome reviews from people they trust before they'll consider it.

Last edited:
Not to change the subject, but these are out now

20160702_162754_zpsrapyz4vd.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back