ANOVOS Darth Vader

What Juan said. Tough to completely say, since this was photographed up close with a wide angle lens - but it appears to be fairly consistent with their website photos on the full Vader costume - while being inconsistent with their stand alone helmet prototype photos.

http://www.anovos.com/collections/s...e-strikes-back-inspired-darth-vader-pre-order

There are better fan-made options.
Anovos has mentioned changes to several products aftet production has started. The finished product may look like the prototype and the Disney display or it may have changes. We can't know the details of the final product until they ship unless they provide photos of the final product.

I don't expect it to be the most accurate either. Anovos has a costuming focus, not an exact replica focus.

The Anovos description of the helmet being a combination of ANH, ESB, and ROTJ certainly indicates it is not an exact replica of any specific suit.

Whether it is worth waiting for is a different question. Some people want to just place an order for a finished suit and not need to assemble parts from various sellers or build parts. People that want every detail to be exact and are willing to put in more effort probably should look elsewhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Anovos has mentioned changes to several products aftet production has started. The finished product may look like the prototype and the Disney display or it may have changes. We can't know the details of the final product until they ship unless they provide photos of the final product.

I don't expect it to be the most accurate either. Anovos has a costuming focus, not an exact replica focus.

The Anovos description of the helmet being a combination of ANH, ESB, and ROTJ certainly indicates it is not an exact replica of any specific suit.

Whether it is worth waiting for is a different question. Some people want to just place an order for a finished suit and not need to assemble parts from various sellers or build parts. People that want every detail to be exact and are willing to put in more effort probably should look elsewhere.

It no longer states it's a combination of ANH, ESB or ROTJ.

Here's the new description:

Once a heroic Jedi Knight, Darth Vader™ was seduced by the dark side of the Force, became a Sith Lord, and led the Empire’s eradication of the Jedi Order. ANOVOS is proud to offer the​
STAR WARS™: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK Darth Vader Helmet Standard Line Accessory
. Pre-order items are subject to change in availability and features.

This ensemble includes details duplicated from STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK screen-used costume provided by Skywalker Archives and other sources.

• Helmet is created from digital scans and reference from the original prop.
• Two-toned paint scheme is accurate to original prop used in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.

Everything explicitly states Empire Strikes Back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can guarantee its not gonna get much better than what you are seeing on display at Disney. I'm not trying to discourage anyone who bought it. I'm actually letting people know that you still have time to ask for your money back and invest it in to a much better Vader. I took a refund just weeks before they released the OT Trooper and once I saw what they were actually mailing out I couldn't regret my decision.

I've been waiting so long for this thing...

I wonder if I should just get a refund at this point.

although waiting for a fan made option probably wouldn't be that much quicker either ;o)

I've been waiting so long for this thing...

I wonder if I should just get a refund at this point.

although waiting for a fan made option probably wouldn't be that much quicker either ;o)

I've put together 2 full displays since last October with parts that are lightyears away from anything Anovos has presented. You just have to do some homework and some reading and eventually you find the right pieces for the right price and the right timeframe. just saying...

In fairness, isn't that what all Vader costumes are? Either that, or hyper expensive mannequins.

No, you can have a screen accurate display piece that looks like it just walked off the set if you put forth the time and effort to do it right. My ESB Vader project took almost 2 years to complete, but the end result surpasses anything ANOVOS would ever be able to offer.

No, you can have a screen accurate display piece that looks like it just walked off the set if you put forth the money and effort to do it right. My ESB Vader project took almost 2 years to complete, but the end result surpasses anything ANOVOS would ever be able to offer.

FTFY...

With what ANOVOS is charging for their full suit with real leather I really didn't spend that much more on my own custom build than I would've spent on theirs...and I've had mine on display for almost 2 years now. ;) I think the whole thing came out to around $8k including mannequin, base, electronics and the full suit itself. Here's how it turned out(most recent pics on the last page):

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=228897&highlight=Finally

With what ANOVOS is charging for their full suit with real leather I really didn't spend that much more on my own custom build than I would've spent on theirs...and I've had mine on display for almost 2 years now. ;) I think the whole thing came out to around $8k including mannequin, base, electronics and the full suit itself. Here's how it turned out(most recent pics on the last page):

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=228897&highlight=Finally

Eh the anovos one at the price I saw last time I looked was just over $2k. I'm currently $2500 into my ANH Vader build. I've still got a ways to go and some major parts left- the bodysuit, cape/robe set and custom made boots, which alone will run me about $1000. I was hoping to have it ready for the Rogue One premier, but looks like that ain't happening.

Bottom line is that it's an expensive ass costume to do it right. I got most of my really nice items for pretty cheap compared to what they originally went for, so I got lucky.

At least I'll be getting my ROM/FX Revo soon, so I can prank people and scare the girlfriend

No, you can have a screen accurate display piece that looks like it just walked off the set if you put forth the time and effort to do it right. My ESB Vader project took almost 2 years to complete, but the end result surpasses anything ANOVOS would ever be able to offer.
Some people don't want to put in the effort that you did. Is there a better option for someone that wants to just pull it out of the box and put it on display or wear it?

I'm not saying someone should or shouldn't buy a particular product. Different people have different goals and amount of effort they are willing to put into it.

Interesting that the description changed to only ESB. Most of the orders were placed based on a different description. Most people are probably happy with the change.

Not knowing exactly what you will get is my biggest complaint about Anovos.

Eh the anovos one at the price I saw last time I looked was just over $2k. I'm currently $2500 into my ANH Vader build. I've still got a ways to go and some major parts left- the bodysuit, cape/robe set and custom made boots, which alone will run me about $1000. I was hoping to have it ready for the Rogue One premier, but looks like that ain't happening.

Bottom line is that it's an expensive ass costume to do it right. I got most of my really nice items for pretty cheap compared to what they originally went for, so I got lucky.

At least I'll be getting my ROM/FX Revo soon, so I can prank people and scare the girlfriend

Their full suit with real leather is $5780 plus shipping and that doesn't include boots or a lightsaber.

- - - Updated - - -

Some people don't want to put in the effort that you did. Is there a better option for someone that wants to just pull it out of the box and put it on display or wear it?

Well, a better option might be finding a costume that actually exists and that isn't just vaporware like the ANOVOS offering. ;)

Their full suit with real leather is $5780 plus shipping and that doesn't include boots or a lightsaber.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, a better option might be finding a costume that actually exists and that isn't just vaporware like the ANOVOS offering. ;)

Yikes..I've been keeping tabs of my expenses so far....

I've spent $2523 so far, and it's estimated at least $1685+whatever the cost of the robe/capeset is.

Even then, it'll still put me just shy of $5,000

Yikes..I've been keeping tabs of my expenses so far....

I've spent $2523 so far, and it's estimated at least $1685+whatever the cost of the robe/capeset is.

Even then, it'll still put me just shy of $5,000

It all depends on how deep into the pool you want to wade. I've traded stuff away that was sub-par and am still working on it. I may finish one day.

I ordered the helmet at tier 1 but the wait is getting to be too much. At the time the $250 price tag and the magnetic locking system were what sold me but at this point I'm thinking I was just sold an idea rather than a physical product.
In the last 2 years I've ordered the Vader helmet, the completed OT Stormtrooper ensemble and the Kylo Ren ensemble. It looks like it will be three Halloweens in a row that I was expecting something from Anovos and three Halloweens I will have to find alternative costumes.

At this point I don't think there exists a single thread for any pending helmet, prop replica or complete ensemble that doesn't say "buy it fan-made instead, build it yourself, much cheaper, much better, more accurate..." somewhere in its pages.

Maybe some sort of bot can be devised that places some similar text as an immediate reply to any new thread about any licensed item? :)

(Not saying it's not true, but it's kinda always the case with a lot of things besides Star Wars replicas, too. Build your own PC, build your own house, or get em custom made by someone personally = more for less, generally. I think for some there are also always the same sorts of reasons why "building your own" or fan-made won't be the best options. Just a thought*, could save a lot of retreading the idea.)

*(not a serious thought.)

I've had the helmet on order now for many months -- and at full price. I just ordered the ANH eFX and assuming it doesn't suck, will probably cancel the Anovos once it arrives.

The generic concept of the Anovos didn't bother me, but at the end of the day it's pretty pricey... and I much prefer the ANH look anyway.

As much as I dont like EFX for the way handle pretty much everything, at least their new helmet is readily available, at a decent price and although not entirely accurate it does have the look a million times better than anything Anovos has presented. Granted EFX's is an ANH and not a mach potato of all the original trilogy movies like Anovos claimed for theirs.

I certainly understand the frustration with the delays. Two years is way too long.

However, a licensed company making a large quantity has to deal with things someone making a single part in their basement doesn't need to. There is scheduling with different manufacturers for the different parts, getting approvals along the way from the licensor, making sure everything works together, safety inspections, packaging, etc.

The First Order Stormtrooper helmet appears to be an example of the issue with producing a bunch without preorders. They are being offered at a significant discount on Amazon. These companies don't last long if they take losses on very many products.

As much as I dont like EFX for the way handle pretty much everything, at least their new helmet is readily available, at a decent price and although not entirely accurate it does have the look a million times better than anything Anovos has presented. Granted EFX's is an ANH and not a mach potato of all the original trilogy movies like Anovos claimed for theirs.
The efx standard is readily available, but not the direct exclusive. Unfortunately, that is the one I was more interested in.

Anovos changed the description to only refer to ESB. We don't know if the helmet/suit was actually changed in any way from the original plan.

Even with the delays, I have more faith that Anovos will deliver the products than efx correcting their issues.

http://www.anovos.com/products/star-wars-the-empire-strikes-back-inspired-darth-vader-pre-order

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0346/5761/products/sw-esb-vader-1_grande.png?v=1406320782

How fast does their stuff sell out? I JUST put a huge order for kitt electronics in. payed off in a few weeks. I don't want to put on another order so soon,
but also don't want to miss out...

Well, it's still on pre-order 2 years later, I guess you didn't have to worry about it selling out in weeks :lol

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back