Chewbaccas bowcaster build...FINISHED!

Re: Chewbaccas bowcaster build

image.jpegimage.jpegOk was all set to get paint on my bowcaster frame and ran into a problem. Theres an area where a numberd dial was was on both sides near the stock. I removed these dials and filled the remaining hole with a dowel and filler. Every time i smoothed it out there was still the outline of the hole. Today it was raised up! The only thing i can think is causing it is the dowel swelling up due to moisture. I rinsed it really good after wetsanding the other day and maybe water got in it. So i drilled out the filler and the dowel. Glued a washer in the hole on both sides and used thin aluminum sheet cut in a circle to cover the hole in the washer. Used Jb weld to glue it all in. Next ill ill use filler to cover it then sand it smooth. Hopefully that will fix the problem.

Heres pics of my knobs and the sideplates. I cut them from plexiglass instead if metal. The plexi had the thickness i wanted and was easier to cut and sand. Not using all those knobs just to see where things go.

Heres pics of my knobs and the sideplates. I cut them from plexiglass instead if metal. The plexi had the thickness i wanted and was easier to cut and sand. Not using all those knobs just to see where things go.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 70
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 74

Hi All
just a quick pic of my second fender knob. This one is larger with embossed numbers instead of painted on numbers. I bought this one from Antique electronic supply. Found the info for it in an old thread by kurtyboy i think. Got here fast and just opened it about 20 min ago. Its allmost 1 and 1/4 wide. So now i have the two main knobs fender and a philmore. Just a little closer to being done!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 69

Working on the scope mount area now. Looks a little to tall in that area to me. Does anyone have any idea how tall this part that the scope mounts to?

Hi All
after reaching out to Kurtyboy and Odiwan72 about yhe scope mount Odiwan got back to me with pics that really helped me. I had one of those rare prop building nights tonight where everything came together and now I have this! Im pretty happy with how its put together. Built from scrap peices i had laying around. I feel like the scope array sits a little too high i think. Ill keep it that way for now. Any opinions welcome!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 81
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    949 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    862.5 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 66
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 77

On the original there is also a sight elevation wheel at the rear of this, the upper parts base is a flat V if you like allows it to pivot when you turn the wheel/screw.

Lichtbringer

Nothing wrong with your pics i just didnt know how tall the peices are that the scope mounts to. Still really not sure if what I did is the right height but going with it for now unless someone can take a measurement here. Im measuring an 1 and 1/4 tall here.

What measurements do you exactly need? Height from body to top of the rail? Or to the groove where the scoperings sit in? Or body to the middle of the scope?

On mine it is 36mm from body to top of the rail, and 72,2mm from body to upper side of the singlepoint tube (the slim part).

Pretty high.

Ok just measured mine from the top of the bowcaster to the top rail is 33 mm! So im pretty close for just eyeballing it! That makes me happy. Thank you.

The 3mm difference may come frome my scoperail being higher.

I took a pic straight from the side for you, hope it helps.

20160515_201233_zpsg9wrqnqg.jpg

Found a pvc pipe in my scrap stuff that measures 5/8 od. Im using this as my barrel. I found a small block of wood and cut two peices of 1/8 aluminum to make the peice that connects the barrel to the bowcaster. I used a 5/8 spade bit to bore a hole about 1/4 deep so that I can insert the pvc pipe and glue it in.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 54
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 53
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 53
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back