My Iron Man Mark III Helmet 3d Print Files (V3 available in post #1 now!)

Re: My Iron Man Mark III Helmet 3d Print Files (V2 Helmet DL Page 2!)

Gonna take another crack at printing the ears out in an hour or so. I'll post pics when I'm done.

Well, I did one ear. I tried to level it in Blender bit did not do that great a job. While the print itself went good, the angle I had it at made it look terrible

20131218_125141.jpg20131218_130929.jpg

I was able to rotate the other parts in good ways for the print, and will try them later this week. But I wanted to get the ear to lay flat on the printbed, and did not.

Would it be possible, drumguy560, to post the ears laying completely flat? :$ I think this would make them look the best after print. I just can't, try as I might, get it to lay flat in Blender (or Sketchup). The Cura program mentioned earlier does have an easy feature to do this, but sadly is not compatible with my printer. I would greatly appreciate it if you could.:)

I've arranged the other parts already, and will keep printing as the week goes on. Pictures to follow.

Well, I did one ear. I tried to level it in Blender bit did not do that great a job. While the print itself went good, the angle I had it at made it look terrible

View attachment 266067View attachment 266068

I was able to rotate the other parts in good ways for the print, and will try them later this week. But I wanted to get the ear to lay flat on the printbed, and did not.

Would it be possible, drumguy560, to post the ears laying completely flat? :$ I think this would make them look the best after print. I just can't, try as I might, get it to lay flat in Blender (or Sketchup). The Cura program mentioned earlier does have an easy feature to do this, but sadly is not compatible with my printer. I would greatly appreciate it if you could.:)

I've arranged the other parts already, and will keep printing as the week goes on. Pictures to follow.

at what quality do you print?
you can setup your printer to make it print much smoother !
but its really hard to get a good looking print with an extruder printer especially with filament..
it make it look like its a thousand layers glued together !
you might want to try to increase the precision of your printer (maybe in the settings)

View attachment 266067View attachment 266068

ear is re-uploaded GhostMinion. It is now facing perfectly level and downward.

Thanks!

Find the file here - ear (repaired) - ?? - 4shared - D H

Last edited by a moderator:

The faceplate looks good.
I will try to print it out.
Thanks a lot!

.........ear is re-uploaded @GhostMinion. It is now facing perfectly level and downward.....

Thank you so much, good sir!!!! :D

I'll start printing it right now. I'll post pics as soon as I'm done. :)

Another ear done. Another lesson in 3d printing learned. I need to work on my top layer resolution, as you can see. But, it came out pretty good. Still much fine tuning to do to my printer, but frankly, there's nothing wrong with these prints that bondo can't fix!

Thanks again for these awesome gifts drumguy!!!

20131219_182349.jpg20131219_182410.jpg20131219_182506.jpg

Getting the holes drilled in this jaw is proving to be so frustrating!!!!! AAAARRRRRGHHHH! :angry :angry :angry :angry !!!!! Anyone with any tips on cutting holes in 3ds max with non-uniform meshes (different sized squares/rectangles/triangles) without using annoying booleans? Anyone?!

Getting the holes drilled in this jaw is proving to be so frustrating!!!!! AAAARRRRRGHHHH! :angry :angry :angry :angry !!!!! Anyone with any tips on cutting holes in 3ds max with non-uniform meshes (different sized squares/rectangles/triangles) without using annoying booleans? Anyone?!

find a quite symmetric rectangle/ square
-face inset twice
-loop tool
-circle
-then extrude the area that has changed

Jaw is finished!

Here are some pics

jaw1.jpgjaw2.jpgjaw3.jpgjaw4.jpg

I'm consolidating the files to the first post.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Re: My Iron Man Mark III Helmet 3d Print Files (New Helmet available in post #1!!!)

I'm ordering a 3D printer next week so I started looking around for models - I wanted to give yours a shot because it looks awesome but the links in the beginning don't work - only the faceplate and ear links work. Did I miss the V2 links?

Re: My Iron Man Mark III Helmet 3d Print Files (New Helmet available in post #1!!!)

I'm ordering a 3D printer next week so I started looking around for models - I wanted to give yours a shot because it looks awesome but the links in the beginning don't work - only the faceplate and ear links work. Did I miss the V2 links?

All the links work for me, just tried them all. Not sure what that means, but I hope it helps you out, somehow:/

I think you might be just clicking on the underlined thread title?.
The links below it are for the V2.

I must have been clicking on the wrong links - those worked. Thanks.

First off, just wanted to send out a big thanks for the model Drumguy and thanks to Zabana for providing the base model to work from.

Second, I have a question about the scaling. I found when I imported the model into 3dsMax that the ear to ear size was 0.47 not 1.0. It wasn't an issue for me, I just scaled the model using the Measure tool in Max for scale reference. I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this or if it was just because I imported the model into Max first.

I'll make sure to post some pictures once I start printing. Right now I'm just getting everything scaled and sliced before I start printing. Might have to get some more filament too, been going wild with the prints since I got my printer :D

Dancin_Fool I'll check into that scaling issue tonight. Thought I scaled it right, but I'll double check!

Just wanted to chime in....

Didn't loose interest in printing the rest of the helmet. Time has just not been my friend lately, and I have little lately for my hobbies.

Hope to be printing soon and posting pics! Although I can't wait to see some other member's pics too!!!

Link for the two faceplate files on the first page are both for the faceplate top. fyi :)

Thanks again for the files.

I will post my progress on this print!

Faceplate is finished and ready for download. Scale is exact same as back of helmet. So whatever you scaled the helmet to, simply scale the faceplate the same amount for a perfect fit!

The faceplate is available in two different types of files. One file is the faceplate fully attached, like the picture below

[url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/drumpunk560/faceplatefullstl.jpg[/URL]

The other is the faceplate split into two pieces. If you go this route, I'd absolutely suggest adding some fiberglass cloth and resin where the two pieces meet on the inside to make it more rigid. This file looks like this.

[url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/drumpunk560/faceplatesplit.jpg[/URL]

Here are the files for the faceplate

faceplatebottom (repaired) - ?? - 4shared - D H (bottom of faceplate)

faceplatetop (repaired) - ?? - 4shared - D H (top of faceplate)

FaceplateFull (repaired) - ?? - 4shared - D H (full faceplate)

I'm so close to the finish line on this helmet! Once i get this V2 helmet finished, it's back to the neck I go!

Thanks again everyone!

Link for the two faceplate files on the first page are both for the faceplate top. fyi :)

Thanks again for the files.

I will post my progress on this print!

Fixed the first post to include the bottom of the faceplate. My bad! Thanks tommyb345
Dancin_Fool I re-checked the scaling and it seems to show up right for me, so not sure about that!

Also guess what i got the other day everyone?!?!?!

photo (3).JPG

Got it for next to nothing too!

Unfortunately...one of the stepper drivers came unplugged while printing my first test print, and the electronics went kaplooie...New ones are on their way though!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back