The 5 foot SS Falcon at SW Celebration

I've spent far, far too much time poring over photos of the original five footer model for my own model making purposes, and I have to say it's kinda creepy how spot on this one is. There are some minor differences here and there, but I've never seen one this perfect before. And the paintwork is excellent - none of this heavy handed nonsense!

Could this be the only completed 5ft replica?

Looks like it.......& he's fixed the quad gun on the turret amongst other wee things.......he's filled in details on the engine strip using the LaunchBay Falcon for reference

17952552_10212807862222424_2153546566925550097_n.jpg

18010551_10212807868062570_5224337267366432798_n.jpg

It's great to see the 5 footer look so healthy again

J

I need to get a picture of this guy murdering someone. That is the only way im gonna get my hands on this thing of beauty. Absolute perfection.

Last edited:
I really wish I could see how he built it up on the inside. I can see what he meant with his pie slices, but how are those mandibles supported?
1.jpg
This is truly one of the greatest undertakings I've seen. I just don't know how I feel about TFA engine. Part of me thinks if you have gone this far and spent this much time and money to make a replica, why throw a CGI engine grille in there that didn't exist on the original? But then again, I love his actualized cockpit interior which didn't exist either on the miniature. So yea, hypocritical I know. That's why I'm not sure how I feel about TFA engine grille.
17499590_1279923495427429_4526320192384882211_n.jpg

I really wish I could see how he built it up on the inside. I can see what he meant with his pie slices, but how are those mandibles supported?
View attachment 722963
This is truly one of the greatest undertakings I've seen. I just don't know how I feel about TFA engine. Part of me thinks if you have gone this far and spent this much time and money to make a replica, why throw a CGI engine grille in there that didn't exist on the original? But then again, I love his actualized cockpit interior which didn't exist either on the miniature. So yea, hypocritical I know. That's why I'm not sure how I feel about TFA engine grille.
View attachment 722964

Maybe an 'H' pattern of pipe?

View attachment 722963
View attachment 722964
I want to live in that cockpit....

I know there's a 1:1 Scale replica someone is making also.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Lee and I lost contact a long time ago, we collaborated on several projects. This was one we talked about a lot. The mandibles are probably a part of the basic shape of the model. With the pie shapes laid out on top of the base. They sandwich the basic shape. If that makes sense...
He knocked this out of the park, literally. Congratulations Lee if you are reading this!!!

There is another well on its way to completion!

Lee and I lost contact a long time ago, we collaborated on several projects. This was one we talked about a lot. The mandibles are probably a part of the basic shape of the model. With the pie shapes laid out on top of the base. They sandwich the basic shape. If that makes sense...
He knocked this out of the park, literally. Congratulations Lee if you are reading this!!!

There is another well on its way to completion!

Unfortunately he can't read this but I am sure he will hear about all the positive posts here.
I have shown this build to Lorne Peterson, Steve Gawley and at the Ranch Archives and the reaction has been unanimous - Lee knocked this out of the park.

Bravo mate.

Funny thing is when we school the ILM guys on their work. They don't remember squat. 10+ guys from around the globe have deconstructed what they did 40 years ago.This is why we have perfect replicas today.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back