eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

are you guys going to have anything for sale there? I should be there today

Hey guys, just wanted to pop in here real quick and say that earlier today, I saw the first sample from the new factory that took over this project and it was just about there.
All of the major long standing problems had been fixed. Other than a couple super minor tweaks this should be good to go.
Most of the current issues you might see in pics of this sample are dealing with paint apps.
Some areas were painted matte where they should be glossy, some areas painted glossy where they should be painted matte.
Also the visor bolt shape needs some tweaking and there was some uneven trimming on the return edge of the front visor.
Nevertheless, those are easy fixes and I was very pleased with the sample overall.
For those who are coming to Wondercon in LA this weekend, we have this sample at the show if you want to check it out first hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw it yesterday. I'm not a perfectionist as much as some of you, but it looked awesome. Very high quality. Much nicer than a standard trooper helmet.

In addition, the Vader helmet is sick.

How long did it take to get a reply from the Bikerscout email address?

It came today! I am happy. Miracles can happen:

View attachment 607390

It took a year to get a refund from the time I requested one, but persisting and using the Vader helmet e-mail offer as an opening to possibility for a refund was a good opening for trying to get it.

It almost didn't get delivered due to wrong address, but my old neighbors were nice enough to watch out and retrieve it for me.

How long did it take to get a reply from the Bikerscout email address?

Surprisingly quick. They stressed that the Vader helmet offer would be void at that point, but I didn't care. This wasn't about trying to get dangled a bribe for waiting longer. The best way to stop this kind of business practice is not enabling them to keep doing what they are with everyone's money. I only represent a very small micro fraction of what they have to keep plugging away on making new stuff and advertising at shows, but I'm glad I have my portion back in hand now.

I can understand some shorter term delays like Sideshow Collectibles has, but they communicate with people and do deliver.

I know eFX delivers when they have their product on-hand and their quality is beautiful no doubt, but they rarely communicate and this little dangling of something extra to try and make right of what is clearly not cool over these past 2 years to hundreds of people waiting was just the last straw for me. Some great added value for sure to those willing to keep waiting and dancing the dance, but I can't support that when it comes to doing business where you are paid money and keeping that money in limbo for so long while watching trade shows happening and advertising new stuff they're working on and completely ignoring the very people who have helped them finance this continued model they operate on.

It seriously sucks. Some frequent communications would have made all the difference in the world. I love the quality of eFX. LOVE IT. But this just isn't right. I'm not supporting it with my money. I'll pay and support a smaller outfit RPFer who pours more blood sweat and tears over their wonderful creations any day.

Yes, that's pretty much what I'm expecting. They've been ignoring my requests since November last year.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys, just wanted to pop in here real quick and say that earlier today, I saw the first sample from the new factory that took over this project and it was just about there.
All of the major long standing problems had been fixed. Other than a couple super minor tweaks this should be good to go.
Most of the current issues you might see in pics of this sample are dealing with paint apps.
Some areas were painted matte where they should be glossy, some areas painted glossy where they should be painted matte.
Also the visor bolt shape needs some tweaking and there was some uneven trimming on the return edge of the front visor.
Nevertheless, those are easy fixes and I was very pleased with the sample overall.
For those who are coming to Wondercon in LA this weekend, we have this sample at the show if you want to check it out first hand.

Gino, you work for efx, don't you?

Last edited by a moderator:
I place an order with my local store a year back. But cancelled my reservation and got my deposit back due to long wait.
Really love this helmet, but the wait is way too long.

Lucky you lol.

It was suggested I pm Gino direct as he didn't like that I posted in one of his threads. I don't expect a reply as I wasn't asking to buy anything.

Still no reply from efx and their dedicated Bikerscout email.

It's funny how he gets to tell you he doesn't like you to post in one of his threads anything that could be construed as negative, but you don't get to tell him you don't like them taking your money with no product or response.

What's the status of this helmet for people who pre-ordered and deposited money? I don't even think the Darth Vader helmet took this long.

Yes I think that must be what the tracking was I got as well. At first I thought "finally, the scout is here" then reality sunk in - still nice to be getting a bonus for waiting a decade.

:cry Haven't gotten anything yet not even a reply from the scout email that was posted here, I didn't even get the original email saying we would be getting a vader helmet free i happen to over here that here.

:cry Haven't gotten anything yet not even a reply from the scout email that was posted here, I didn't even get the original email saying we would be getting a vader helmet free i happen to over here that here.

Did you order from efx's website directly, if not you will not be getting a helmet.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back