Diamond Select toy Star Trek III phaser coming

It's interesting that the packaging and box art display the right side of the toy. In the page 1 Toy Fair photos this is the side with the screw covers, and usually the company showcases the pretty side. I'm curious whether they engineered a solution to the pegs or they simply ended up on the left in the final version.

The image on the back seems to be a shot of the replica they originally used when they 1st promoted it. The Toy Fair prototype/example had a clear square lens in the button, not white. Also the box art shot of the original Enterprise and Kirk in original garb is suspicious. When the TWOK phaser came out Kirk had on his TWOK uniform. I would expect The Search for Spock box to have the correct images. I'd wager this is definitely a mock up only and not an actual end game representation.

Last edited:
DS makes some pretty good stuff, but their release dates and updates are the very WORST in the industry, and its safe to assume they don't care about that either..

I just tried to order this from the Diamond Select website but they don't give the option to ship to the UK. They will ship to Iran and Iraq but not the UK so what gives!!!

It's interesting that the packaging and box art display the right side of the toy. In the page 1 Toy Fair photos this is the side with the screw covers, and usually the company showcases the pretty side. I'm curious whether they engineered a solution to the pegs or they simply ended up on the left in the final version.

The 2014 Toy Fair showed the pegs on the right side with a white square trigger on the P1. The 2015 Toy Fair examples had the pegs on the left side and a clear trigger on the P1. I'd say the 2014 version was probably just an early mock up and the 2015 version is closer to the final design. Also missing in the box art phaser is the noticeable center line seam where the left and right halves are joined.

I just spoke to a guy at Kirin Hobby (where I had pre-ordered mine in January of this year) and he said Diamond Select's
current shipping date if for late June (this year). So hopefully it will remain that even though I was surprised to see that their
electronic Lost in Space B-9 Robot has already been released and has a few review videos on You Tube, which is weird since
it seems to have way more functions than the ST III Electronic Movie Phaser...he also told me that when it ships, I will receive a shipping e-mail along with the tracking number...

Posted yesterday in the Diamond Select Facebook comments by the Admin. When asked about a release ETA "It should be in the warehouse in a matter of days, then we'll have a concrete store date two weeks away." When asked about a demo video "Hopefully this week!"

Sounds are nice. Functionally it is similar to the WoK phaser which is what we sort of expected.

Not sure why they thought the P1 trigger should be blue-white though? It's supposed to have a red/yellow pulsating effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would have liked to see the other side where the screws are, but it looks pretty good to me. I would have killed my best friend to have one of these when I was a kid.

Kind of disappointed the light effects aren't accurate. Not only should the square trigger pulsate yellow/red but the 4 LEDS should alternate by two only when firing. Still, for the price, it looks pretty sweet. I also would have thought they would have used movie accurate images from ST3 for the box art. I've had mine pre-ordered for over a year, be glad when I get that email notice.

Last edited:
Does the front of the P1 light up?

Skip that question - on the viewing on my PC instead of my phone I saw it light up under the harness when he pulled the trigger on "Kill."

Now I have seen the Youtube video, I am not so sure but perhaps it will look and sound better in once seen in person.

Now I have seen the Youtube video, I am not so sure but perhaps it will look and sound better in once seen in person.

Electronics aside, the shape appears dead on and the P1 appears to seat firmly. For a fraction of what a Rod kit would cost, this could be an excellent replica after the pegs are covered and the unit repainted. The correct circuit could be built for relatively cheap also. I'm sure once released, they'll be plenty of more detailed reviews to look at as well as plenty of cool mods so keep the faith. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back