DL-44 ESB Blaster Discussion - Greeblies POST 208

Any lower and the scope would be too low. Same height as before. I measured my mounting holes from the top of the pld mount. The top of the scope mount is about 1/16" below the upper receiver.

I think it's that my bolts for the scope are too small and the knurled knob could move upward just a hair, but the mount itself really looks dead on to me. If i'm wrong, no problem. I'm just pointing out what i can see.

Last edited:
Both REAL Mausers. The only MGC in ESB is the Hoth Blaster... and MAYBE some in holster while walking around, but I imagine those were the resin guns we've seen.

So, I'm in the process of making a scope mount for a bespin version, and the measurements posted don't add up. ......

Not meaning to sound harsh but just about every aspect of your bracket is off.

Most of this discussion is based on the results from a previous Active Project which produced one of the best Bespin Blasters to date

Here is a to scale drawing with my scope bracket superimposed over it and it pretty much lines up perfectly

ESBScopeBracketBespin003_zps679bef72.jpg

My shop doesn't use this drawing to make the brackets, the actual drawing is far more complicated.

Both REAL Mausers. The only MGC in ESB is the Hoth Blaster... and MAYBE some in holster while walking around, but I imagine those were the resin guns we've seen.

Is there actual evidence that shows that Luke and Han's real mausers are two separate mausers and not just one shared live fire weapon?

Hammers, magwell bump, Luke's trigger all look like real parts to me just from those photos.

Also, Luke's safety looks real in this photo, and there's no question in my mind those are real wood grips.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420909296225.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420909296225.jpeg
    589.5 KB · Views: 251
Just curious, what are the tells in those photos that indicates Mauser and not MGC?

hammer, trigger, mag well, lines, dimensions, everything actually. For me MGC is very easy to spot... like a Denix... unless it's KPax's super modified MGC... then it took me a minute to notice.

But yes those are the real deal.

Not meaning to sound harsh but just about every aspect of your bracket is off.

Most of this discussion is based on the results from a previous Active Project which produced one of the best Bespin Blasters to date

Here is a to scale drawing with my scope bracket superimposed over it and it pretty much lines up perfectly

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/...SBBB/ESBScopeBracketBespin003_zps679bef72.jpg

My shop doesn't use this drawing to make the brackets, the actual drawing is far more complicated.

Looking at all three of my real Muasers, my Denixes, and my MGCs Boba's measurements are pretty much spot on.

I am using the real Mausers as a base for all my comparisons since the hero blasters were real. The Hoth, I'm letting everyone else worry about. I like the Luke so that's my focus.

Anyway, the Denix is larger than the MGC and real Mauser.

From base of mag well plate to lowest edge on upper receiver we get this:

Mauser: 2.222"

MGC: 2.285"

Denix: 2.337"

So to me boba's measurements work on a real Mauser. The 1.25" width of the base section MIGHT be a tad small... needing to be a little wider, especially for the Han Bespin, as they look slightly different, otherwise it's good. Say 1.35"?...

the rest checks out on real Mauser.

hoping more reference gets here soon

Alex, looking at your image up close I see:

Your top edge is too high up on the lower receiver... It shouldn't pass the bevel in the mag well as much, and also your plate goes too far down. Weirdly the protrusion on the mag well is exactly the same on real mauser vs denix (MGC is larger slightly), but on the denix it's more pronounced. 1.75" would put it about perfect when I measure. Since the denix is larger it would sit a tiny bit lower, but still be positioned about right.

Last edited:
The first one is from the same shoot. The scratches all match anyway. The second one from the Bespin set, doesn't look to be as scratched up...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back