Greedo Blaster Discussion

There are a few remarks about the parts;
- the barrel practically self locks onto the airsoft's body.
- the barrel and cone are a tad too big for the tomtit. As you can see from the pict they are almost in place. I figure since I want to sand down the surface for a smoother surface, that may be enought for a perfect fit
- the sight fits well but is not a tight fit. Nothing a little glue won't fix, or maybe even a layer of paint.
- the duel plug part piece is larger than the real plugs I have. My question, because I honestly do not know, are my real ones the correct size or are the 3d printed parts the right size?

Great, thanks. I wanted to use those because I plan to drill a hole to mount them to the tomtit piece to keep it from falling off. I figure plastic will be easier for me to work with.

Here is something else I started working on after I received my airsoft Ruger MKI. Working on a sleeve to make the trigger guard look "Fatter". I am working on making this so that it will slip over the top of the airsoft trigger guard & be flush with the I.D. This will more & likely have to be glued on if used. In the photo it looks like the guard reduces the area inside the trigger guard but I am designing this to not do that otherwise it encroaches on the trigger. I tried to make it so that the inside of the sleeve will mate up with the airsoft trigger guard. The sleeve would make the trigger guard 2 mm wider.

The photo on top shows how it would look without & the bottom with the added sleeve in comparison to one of the reference photos.

Attachments

• Trigger_Guard_Comparison.jpg
    Trigger_Guard_Comparison.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 150
That's a great idea.

Hey all, I'm still struggling with the paint application. I think I am leaning at going total idealized and paint everything but the grips silver with and top coat of flat black, then weather up everything.

Thank you. It took some work, but I was able to sand the roughness out of the parts. My main concern was the barrel since I wanted it to blend in with the MK1.

BTW: For those of you interested in screen used accuracy. I think I noticed something... If we assume that the Jawa blaster is the same basic prop, it looks like the right side (with the ejector port) has the Mitchell turntable cone shaped part with the slots positioned up and down. However if you look at the image of the blaster from the other side with the actor (sans mask) holding the blaster, the left side looks to have the slots facing outward.

Thank you for the kind words MJF, but have to thank everyone for helping to get this as close to accurate as possible & stirring me in the right direction on a number of things.

Turned out great. I like how you did the weathering. It looks very realistic.

This is a similar look as to what I am planning on doing myself, but I am going with all black base with some misting of metallics. Then dry brushing topically some silvers, grays, & browns. Currently waiting on all my pieces. I am also going to see how the trigger guard addon piece works as well.

As for the left side opposite the ejector port it is hard to tell what is there. It could be another of the Tomtit pieces without the coaxial pieces, but it could just be a flat piece mounted to the side as well. Without clearer photos it is hard to really determine.

If anyone needs the rods for the side of the blaster, I spoke to Mojo-Fett and he's going to machine some 'unmodified' ones, i.e. without the second hole drilled for the Fett shin tool. Anyone need any?

Here is something else I started working on after I received my airsoft Ruger MKI. Working on a sleeve to make the trigger guard look "Fatter". I am working on making this so that it will slip over the top of the airsoft trigger guard & be flush with the I.D. This will more & likely have to be glued on if used. In the photo it looks like the guard reduces the area inside the trigger guard but I am designing this to not do that otherwise it encroaches on the trigger. I tried to make it so that the inside of the sleeve will mate up with the airsoft trigger guard. The sleeve would make the trigger guard 2 mm wider.

The photo on top shows how it would look without & the bottom with the added sleeve in comparison to one of the reference photos.

How did your trigger guard turn out?

Ah....my bad.

It's easy to stray. ;)

I got some from him a few months ago. You can search ebay and find him. I believe he strictly sells on ebay too because I contacted him via the Dented Helmet and he referred me yo his listings on Ebay. I also made mention that I was using them for the Greedo blaster so he asked if I wanted the ones without extra holes. Same price as his ebay listing... At least this was my experience.

How did your trigger guard turn out?

Need to do some work on it in order to get it so it fits easily onto the trigger guard. I could make this one work with some work to the piece & the trigger guard, but I would like to make it so that it is a nice easy fit up. I missed ordering one piece & am waiting for it so haven't worked on putting this together yet

IS THERE ANY INTEREST in aluminum tonearm connectors???

Gav aka MojoFett would be willing to machine some, based on my real connector (but with accurate length). But this would require a certain number of interested people to justify a small run. I´d need 6 of these myself (Greedo & Jawa blaster plus 2 for the recently discovered right side detailing of the ANH DH17).

Anyone???

Markus

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back