D.C.'s The Flash (tv series)

I hear ya. My theory is that they were plumbing DC villain gallery, came along Music Master and thought, "What if we make them all start singing? *GASP* What if we do it as a cross over?!" And you're right: that walks that very fine line.

I hear ya. My theory is that they were plumbing DC villain gallery, came along Music Master and thought, "What if we make them all start singing? *GASP* What if we do it as a cross over?!" And you're right: that walks that very fine line.

normally i'd be agreeing all over this.

but in this case...cause the two where on glee, and they have a musical villain.. ican see it fitting.

but in this case...cause the two where on glee, and they have a musical villain.. ican see it fitting.

It doesn't matter if they were on Glee. Now they're on The Flash. The only thing that matters is the show they are currently on.

And not to mention that as sort of alluded to above - Jesse L Martin is also a singer. He's done it on broadway when starring in Rent at the very least.

This third season has had its highs and lows as with all shows. I really like this show and all the wonderful characters, their compassion for each and the fun of the flash on live tv.
That being said I feel like the Savitar reveal which has been poorly built into this season will be underwhelming. No matter who it is. I have seen all kinds of theories. The most intriguing would be Future Flash Barry himself from the future on a rampage. At key points they keep throwing the camera at different characters, ie Julian, Jesse , H.R. , Caitlyn you name it.

Then there is the fact when first revealed Savitar was Super tall in stature. Now he is just a bit taller than Barry. What is that about?

All that said and after reading possibilities Future Flash would make up for the lackluster lead up.

i kind of hope season 4 goes away from speed villains they get boring after a while i want to see flash use his brain against people like mirror master or captain boomerang

i'm also glad that the speed force is at least far smarter than barry, and trying to help him out, but barry is too riddled with grief to listen.

this barry is far from the flash seen in Justice League unlimited although i know that was more wally west than barry allen, IIRC. Both are self less, but JLU flash seems to have it more together than barry flash and is a bit more likeable because of it.

Last edited:
Enjoyed the episode. Villain/Not Villain was actually pretty cool at the end. Melissa is just endearing in every way while Grant singing at the end was unexpected and incredible at the same time. Nice to see some of the cast members even from other cw dc shows get in on the singing. Missed when they said it but the 2 dad's thing mean they were a couple? Not sure what that meant because missed some of what was said there in that scene. If a couple then is that how barry feels about Joe since it is his mind they are in. Was a little confusing, does not matter either way really, just curious.
Next weeks episode looks good as well.

I could deal with everything up until the end. Barry singing at the end seemed out of place to me.

I never watched Glee, but I hope they had some better songwriters than whoever wrote these songs. They were terrible songs, even for a musical.

I could deal with everything up until the end. Barry singing at the end seemed out of place to me.

I never watched Glee, but I hope they had some better songwriters than whoever wrote these songs. They were terrible songs, even for a musical.

FYI, only two of the songs ("Super Friend" and "Running Home To You") were original. "Moon River" and "Put A Little Love In Your Heart" are standards, while "More I Cannot Wish You" is from Guys and Dolls.

Now, "Running Home To You" was rather sappy and the song itself did not fit thematically with the others, but "Super Friend" was a nice fun little number, presumably to drive home the notion that this episode is NOT about getting Kara and Barry into a relationship with each other.

And not to mention that as sort of alluded to above - Jesse L Martin is also a singer. He's done it on broadway when starring in Rent at the very least.

Plus, Jeremy Jordan (Winn), Carlos Valdes (Cisco), Victor Garber (Stein), and John Barrowman (Merlyn) are all accomplished musicians in their own right.

When you have that kind of pool of musical talent, you almost HAVE to take advantage of it at some point.

Plus, Jeremy Jordan (Winn), Carlos Valdes (Cisco), Victor Garber (Stein), and John Barrowman (Merlyn) are all accomplished musicians in their own right.

When you have that kind of pool of musical talent, you almost HAVE to take advantage of it at some point.

I didn't know that about the rest of them. I knew Garber and Martin and of course Gustin and Benoist, but not the rest. Not to mention, i'd be willing to be an episode like that is a blast for the cast.

and considering a musical villain already existed, and the past show association, i have NO Problem with this little in joke so long as it's well done. i have not seen it yet myself.

I didn't know that about the rest of them. I knew Garber and Martin and of course Gustin and Benoist, but not the rest. Not to mention, i'd be willing to be an episode like that is a blast for the cast.

Oh yeah, all of them. Any time you see one of the cast singing, it's actually them singing. Hell, if Eddie Thawne hadn't been killed off, it's likely that Rick Costnett would have been in on this episode as well.

I mean, seriously... You've never seen this?

And the MVP for truly surprising people with their singing ability in the musical crossover goes to Jeremy Jordan.

I mean, the man's got some serious pipes on him.

Last edited by a moderator:
AMAZING episode!
Was really going in with clinched teeth but they pulled it off and them some!
Holy COW this cast is talented!
Probably the most FUN episode of this entire universe!

This is why the CW DC- verse wins! They can still make FUN stories!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

I was kinda wondering why Ollie and Felicity weren't involved in this story. Then it was like... ohhhhhhh yeh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back