1/350 Refit Enterprise

JMar

It took me several months to do, mostly because I had to keep taking breaks from it.

The only after market parts on her are the Paragrafix Brass Photo Etch set and the DLM Federation flasher board.
IMG_2719.JPG IMG_2722.JPG IMG_2725.JPG

IMG_2720.JPG IMG_2723.JPG IMG_2730.JPG
IMG_2717.JPG IMG_2718.JPG IMG_2732.JPG

IMG_2727.JPG IMG_2729.JPG IMG_2731.JPG

IMG_2715.JPG IMG_2716.JPG IMG_2712.JPG

IMG_2681.JPG IMG_2669.JPG IMG_2710.JPG

WIP.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a link to the build up pics: https://goo.gl/photos/sXvio3KQzkqU3CXM9

There's no captions but the photos are posted in order of construction (mostly)

- - - Updated - - -

I've also been re-cutting all the video footage of the build up.

Here's a link to the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqAkfB4RzBvIzjSlzQzJaDAjcjqHplgkz

Looks good.

When you do the lights on them, do you paint the inside of the panels black to make sure no light bleeds through the panels? Or is it best to do something different?

@Gimpdiggity For this model I primed first, applied black paint for light blocking, then white paint for reflectivity.

On model I've done since then I've started doing the light blocking from the outside. I found that doing the light blocking painting on the inside coated the mounting surfaces and caused some issues with poor glue joints.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a beautiful Refit! The lighting looks superb!. That pic with the star field background looks like a movie still.

@bwize Thanks. A friend of mine did the composite as my photo shop skills aren't as good as his

@PHArchivist It's a challenging kit if you plan to light it. It appears the developers hadn't considered that during the design phase, even though it has LOTS of clear parts.

However, once you've done it it's a real accomplishment and something to be proud of.

The panel decals are relatively easy to work with. You'll need lots of solvaset on the nacelles though.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back