Indiana Jones Map Room (Full Scale)

Stunning. Where will you be keeping this monstrosity???

Great work! Where do you put such a thing? You gonna build a full size boulder too. :)

Thanks! My buddy and I put on displays for Make a Wish Foundation, other charities and comic cons. He has a real Batpod and some amazing costumes and busts. We are doing a Raiders of the Lost Ark display this year. I thought about making a boulder, but I wouldn't be ale to get it out of the house. lol

When's the run?? How much to ship to Australia?? I'm in!! :lol

Looks amazing so far.. Can't wait to see the final product, with the buildings.. You're going to add sand over to right?? And where's it going?? You going to replicate the wall style?? Maybe add a sunroof to the roof, so you can lower yourself in.. :p Keep up the great work..

if I had a question.... I think Beechy asked everything I would have had LOL!!!!

if I had a question.... I think Beechy asked everything I would have had LOL!!!!

Thanks! I'm starting the buildings now. As soon when the sand comes in I am going to varnish in the first layer of sand on the tablet and then add more to the top of that. I am almost finished the staff too. This will be a display for charities and comic cons that my buddy and I put on. Having a sunroof over this would be awesome. Especially on a sunny day!!. Now only how to get a beam of light to shine out of the headpiece?!?!? :)

The run begins near the end of 2014 and I'm only charging an arm and a leg. lol I appreciate the positive feedback everyone. In a week or so I should have a part of a building done at least to share. I'll post the idol swap (Stand) pics in a couple weeks. I am finishing the top tier of that soon I hope.

Thanks! I'm starting the buildings now. As soon when the sand comes in I am going to varnish in the first layer of sand on the tablet and then add more to the top of that. I am almost finished the staff too. This will be a display for charities and comic cons that my buddy and I put on. Having a sunroof over this would be awesome. Especially on a sunny day!!. Now only how to get a beam of light to shine out of the headpiece?!?!? :)

The run begins near the end of 2014 and I'm only charging an arm and a leg. lol I appreciate the positive feedback everyone. In a week or so I should have a part of a building done at least to share. I'll post the idol swap (Stand) pics in a couple weeks. I am finishing the top tier of that soon I hope.

For the beam of light I suppose you could get a smoke machine and use a laser pointer (the smoke would need to be rather thin in consistency)

Phenomenal work of art, would you be willing to share your creation techniques for those fans that wold like to create a replica ?

For sure. Once I get further along and have some free time I will be happy to explain how I made whatever.

I'm really impressed about this beautifull master work.
Congrats.
Bests
Barnett

Thanks! I got the sand in and just primed the first section for the first building.

Attachments

• securedownload.jpeg
    securedownload.jpeg
    33.5 KB · Views: 126
  • securedownload-2.jpeg
    securedownload-2.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 118
  • securedownload-4.jpeg
    securedownload-4.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 124
  • securedownload-5.jpeg
    securedownload-5.jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 113
IMG_1424.jpgIMG_1425.JPG

Excuse the mess. It has been a long and productive last 4 days working on this. This is where I am at so far. Only the tablet and staff are complete right now. By the end of next weekend I should have the first main building complete and ready to hard coat and paint. Well….hopefully.

I almost have the first building done. I just have some more detail work to do on it. I added a couple pics to the first post and here are a couple more.

Attachments

• IMG_1437.JPG
    IMG_1437.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1438.JPG
    IMG_1438.JPG
    791.8 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1439.JPG
    IMG_1439.JPG
    958.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1442.JPG
    IMG_1442.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1441.JPG
    IMG_1441.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 87
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back