Weyland-Yutani Contact Cards

Cmdr.Kerner

Master Member
100_7988.JPG

Hi guys,

today I finished a set of custom-made Weyland-Yutani contact cards from "Aliens".

Dietrich

A little trivia: according to the text on the front of the Vidcom unit in Ripley's apartment these are called "front loading logic cards".

Outstanding work on these! I'm building a Vidcom unit right now and would love to have a card or two made up for my web series.

Weyland.png

Hi Jon,

for my prop exhibition I created business cards in the Prometheus design. My phone number and email address shown above are NOT my real ones, just for demonstration purpose. These are much cheaper than contact cards made from plexi, because over the year I give away about 50 - 80 business cards on various events.

Dietrich

Details? I keep being told I should do business cards, but I'd like to do something unusual (if it's not overly dear - these wouldn't be handed out willy-nilly...)

View attachment 294837

Hi Jon,

for my prop exhibition I created business cards in the Prometheus design. My phone number and email address shown above are NOT my real ones, just for demonstration purpose. These are much cheaper than contact cards made from plexi, because over the year I give away about 50 - 80 business cards on various events.

Dietrich

Thank you - but I think you've missed the question. What would you charge for customs, or are you willing to share your process (and therefore allow me to print my own?)

Follow-on question - is the "Prometheus design" listed an online design/ordering setup, or did you have to make that from scratch using screencaps from Prometheus? Curious...

Someone out there produces clear or frosted business cards. I have collected a couple over the years. they are pretty cool. I think the last one was a GSA Auctions company card or similar. They definitely stick out.

A little trivia: according to the text on the front of the Vidcom unit in Ripley's apartment these are called "front loading logic cards".

Outstanding work on these! I'm building a Vidcom unit right now and would love to have a card or two made up for my web series.

Thanks for the information retrogarde, it's been a while since I saw the movie.

Details? I keep being told I should do business cards, but I'd like to do something unusual (if it's not overly dear - these wouldn't be handed out willy-nilly...)

Thank you - but I think you've missed the question. What would you charge for customs, or are you willing to share your process (and therefore allow me to print my own?)Carter J. Burke Contact Card.jpg

Hi Jon, for a custom made contact card I'm charging 20 US$ + international shipping. Attached is a graphic which I used as a base. For my next run I can take some pictures from the process
Follow-on question - is the "Prometheus design" listed an online design/ordering setup, or did you have to make that from scratch using screencaps from Prometheus? Curious...

As breen2057 already mentioned these "business cards" were not seen on screen. I found the picture with the gray/black card online by coincedence and thought this would be a good idea for my own version.

Dietrich

Thanks for the information retrogarde, it's been a while since I saw the movie.

As breen2057 already mentioned these "business cards" were not seen on screen. I found the picture with the gray/black card online by coincedence and thought this would be a good idea for my own version.

Dietrich

I'd appreciate tips - I don't want to deprive you of funding for your own work, but I know Customs can be a pain (I run a mail-order business, worldwide shipping.)

I'm almost inclined to think that's dye-sub printing, but I've been wrong before (and I'd need to get a dye-sub printer to do it, but the thought has crossed my mind...)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back