Clarkson fired, Top Gear taken off schedules

Re: Clarkson suspended, Top Gear taken off schedules

CAiifWgWMAE8kj9.jpg

he made racists comments, said truckdrivers spend free time rape and kill ugly prostitutes, he would shoot workers on strike and allegedly said the n word and whatnot more. in every show he slams a heavy weight joke on one deligation of the human race.

on his defence: he makes fun of everyone acting stupidly and doesnt matter who you are, where your from or if you are white black, yellow, green, blue or whatever color. his preview and opinion about cars: left ear in, right ear out. watching the competition jeremy, james and richard have, priceless.

I love how they can afford to rent a massive tank and drive it through London, yet they make a paper mache helmet for the stig.
So do you think showing the whole world that you can come tank driving at www.tanks-alot.co.uk was just an accident? Talk about an opportunity well taken. As a former APC driver I know that drive would not have been easy. Respect to that crew.:thumbsup

Here's an interesting interview with Clarkson's waiter from that evening. There's a little bit of swearing in the clip, so it may be NSFW...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48h-q-FEBSw

Cheers,

Kraig

That exact same video has been used with different subtitles for lots of different things. No clue what's really being said, my high school spanish is far too spotty, but just thought I should bring it up.

He never said rape or ugly.

simular to that, cant remember the exact words but it was in those lines. fact is he makes remarks about everyone so that would rule out racist or whatever. every one lauched about the jokes about the chinese eyes. he can sound rather rude but i truly believe that is also part of his act. talked to him once and i thought he was a nice, straight forward guy with right answer in seconds followed by some silly remarks about how my car sucked as it was a opel.

people tend to get offended to fast last few years and that seems to be progressing. read a nice quote from someone: if you treat people like they treat you, they get offended.

I don't see an issue with anything he said as it's not that out of line of what you hear here in the US but i know england has a vastly different way of looking at things.

simular to that, cant remember the exact words but it was in those lines. fact is he makes remarks about everyone so that would rule out racist or whatever. every one lauched about the jokes about the chinese eyes. he can sound rather rude but i truly believe that is also part of his act. talked to him once and i thought he was a nice, straight forward guy with right answer in seconds followed by some silly remarks about how my car sucked as it was a opel.

people tend to get offended to fast last few years and that seems to be progressing. read a nice quote from someone: if you treat people like they treat you, they get offended.

Nothing similar at all. He never mentioned rape. I remember the comment and remember laughing aloud as I did to many other of his 'politically incorrect' jokes. Clip below was part of a much longer segment, usually shown in parts throughout the hour show
http://youtu.be/imhBoE56OEs

Last edited:

It was Episode 1 of Season 12 where they customize 3 semi's. Clarkson says "What matters to Lorry drivers? Murdering prostitutes and fuel economy?"

sorry for the added words, couldnt remember all of it but i knew it wasnt very nice towards lorry drivers. never heard one complain about it though. if he would get arrested for every bad word joke jeremy would never leave jail at all. people seem to have lost the art of knowing what is humor and what isnt.

sorry for the added words, couldnt remember all of it but i knew it wasnt very nice towards lorry drivers. never heard one complain about it though. if he would get arrested for every bad word joke jeremy would never leave jail at all. people seem to have lost the art of knowing what is humor and what isnt.

I think it was aimed towards the few lorry drivers who turned out to be serial killers ;)

I just think people are being professional victims these days, any time anyone says anything they don't like, everyone is up in arms over everything. If you're a lorry driver and don't kill prostitutes, don't take it personally.

well, do drive a opel and opels are rubbish and utterly useless cars according to Jeremy :p
im not that easy to offend. still was nice ten minute conversation i had with him.

well, do drive a opel and opels are rubbish and utterly useless cars according to Jeremy :p
im not that easy to offend. still was nice ten minute conversation i had with him.

Well, they are, at least according to the Top Gear model, which I'm surprised how many people just don't get. Now I don't know if some of those letters they read on the show are real or not but for people who supposedly complain that they don't feature economical cars and the like, those people have no clue what Top Gear is all about. It's about supercars. It's about going fast and being loud. Anyone who doesn't understand that hasn't got a clue in their head. It's like complaining that Dancing With the Stars doesn't have enough speedboat racing. It's just stupid.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back