Mortal Kombat Legacy Scorpion Costume

Finished the Arm guards and making the shin guards now. Also finished the mask.
8163-finished-mempo.jpg

hmmm. i always thought it looked black. I could ask the costume designer. but i am fairly happy with black and yellow teeth.

This is great! Keep going bro! What were your plans for an undersuit? I see your skilled with a sewing machine. Were you going to make your own? Excellent work man.

Sent from my HD2 using Tapatalk

This is great! Keep going bro! What were your plans for an undersuit? I see your skilled with a sewing machine. Were you going to make your own? Excellent work man.

hey thanks! I dont have enough time to make my own. and if i did have enough time i doubt i would haha. i purchased a nice black karate Gi. The only thing I am gonna consider making as far as under suit goes would be the balaclava. i have some from snowboarding but they are kind of thick. and then i have another that is lycra and super tight to the head. I will make my own if i have time. but i doubt it. I officially have to have this done by next friday so be prepared to see some serious work get done! i cant wait to have it all together and wear it!

hey thanks! I dont have enough time to make my own. and if i did have enough time i doubt i would haha. i purchased a nice black karate Gi. The only thing I am gonna consider making as far as under suit goes would be the balaclava. i have some from snowboarding but they are kind of thick. and then i have another that is lycra and super tight to the head. I will make my own if i have time. but i doubt it. I officially have to have this done by next friday so be prepared to see some serious work get done! i cant wait to have it all together and wear it!

Ordering a suit is the way to go. Im scrapping the lycra mask that came with the ninja suit I ordered (looks silly), along with the top. Im using the hood that came with it as a pattern to have a friend make a kick ass one out of a leather material. Man I wish I could sew! Lol can't wait to see it done bro.

Finished the Middle layer. There is a seam on the outer edges but it will have to do.
8267-seam-edge-oh-well-will-have-do.jpg

There are unfinished edges on this, but that is because when i put the last layer on it will bring them all together to make it look like one nice piece. Progress is good.
8266-hooray-middle-layer-complete.jpg

Almost there buddy. Have you tried it on?? It looks A lot bigger than mine, maybe is the angles.

Yea that angle makes it look huge. its actually not even out to the ends of my shoulders. PLUS its gonna be losing half an inch when I put the final layer on. the sides all get folded in to make the seam on the edges. Its measured out to fit me and still have the same appearance as the fit in Legacy. I have broad shoulders. That might be another reason. i will have a pic of me wearing everything by wednesday night. :thumbsup

Yea this is the belt. Its about 12 feet long. The idea is that it wraps around me twice and then I do a nice tie behind me. It gives the same layered effect as the tabard. Its very awesome when its on. does not look long at all. The tails of it are to the length as in the show.
8302-yea-thats-belt-its-about-12-feet-long.jpg

at this rate it might look better than some movie studios would make it. so...since that's all but in the bag,why not rig it for built in special effects?

sound effects built in to sound at the push of a button? ive seen one person put a disk in his glove that spins, so when he dances in his costume he jumps upside down, and plants his hand on the floor and spins in place. that kind of stuff. always be greedy. aways steal ideas. dont envy the ninja, (lol) BE the ninja!

Awesome work man.
Thanks man!

at this rate it might look better than some movie studios would make it. so...since that's all but in the bag,why not rig it for built in special effects?

sound effects built in to sound at the push of a button? ive seen one person put a disk in his glove that spins, so when he dances in his costume he jumps upside down, and plants his hand on the floor and spins in place. that kind of stuff. always be greedy. aways steal ideas. dont envy the ninja, (lol) BE the ninja!

Hmmm... Idk what I could do as far as special effects go. Any ideas?? I only have until the end of thursday night to get it done!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back